Really wish Blizz would improve tank LFR Qs

100 Draenei Warrior
TL/DR:

"When I was young people had to work to work. How dare you complain about not having teleporters?"

Fix'd.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
So what you elitists are saying is get over it?

How about no? LFR tank Q times are a common complaint and that means something.

I've never had the problem of which you are complaining about, therefore your problem is irrelevant.

Oh, and in case nobody has said it yet, you know how when DPSers complain about queue times for heroics the stock answer is to tell them to queue up as a tank? Yeah, well, queue up for LFR as DPS and watch your queue time troubles disappear. the best part is, you're a monk, so you can't even whine about not being eligible for the loot your spec needs.

Atop being bad. blizzard can't buff stupid, even though they have tried several times.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
It's simple supply and demand. Lots of tanks want to gear up via LFR. And each raid only needs 2. Same crap DPS have been dealing with in LFD instances since pretty much LFD came out. Tanks get their instant LFD queues. DPS get their instant LFR queues. Simply the way it works. Like the previous poster said, roll DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I do think there is one possible solution to the LFR queue times. Allow people to queue for both of their specs (for instance I would queue Tank/DPS) but then also allow them to pick which spec they want gear for.

This could be done at the beginning of the raid or on a roll by roll basis. This would add some complexity and may be difficult to communicate to the player but by building more flexibility into the queues it could reduce queue times for everyone.

Just to be clear I am not suggesting that we should get any more gear or that drop rates should be increased or anything like that. Just that the gear we get doesn't need to be linked to the spec we are in but could be a choice.
Edited by Taldorius on 11/15/2012 9:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
step 1: find a healer in guild or in trade.
step 2: que for lfr
step 3: if the healer doesn't want to actually do lfr, he drops once they zone in
step 4: clear lfr 1 healer short until a new one joines minutes later, it's not that hard if people don't suck.
step 5: collect loot with a short que time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/14/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Kirinkifion
Goodie bags for dps?

The bonus satchel from LFD should continue into LFR. I'm a tank and I get extra stuff for running LFD when I don't need to. Is it that hard to give the same thing to healers and dps in LFR?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
the tank que for msv lfr has significantly improved - it was down to about 10 minutes when I ran it this week. I am unsure about heart of fear though, probably still higher there due to many people still needing tank gear form it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/14/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Anrik
Tanks queues are the new dps queues.

Yeah, tanks are in persistent shortage - until you get to endgame and the 25mans, and then there's usually more tanks than you actually need.

Tanking really is a perverse game - it's mostly about gear, it starts out hard and gets easier the further you go, with the logical endpoint being the role pretty much plays itself, and the main tank's job is usually the easiest one in the whole game.

Usually the fight designers make the dps and heals shuffle and dance, and the main tank for the most part only has to taunt back and forth with his offtank. Sometimes the tank has to interrupt stuff. Sometimes. Sometimes he has to move the boss around. Sometimes.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
11/18/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Misshealalot
Usually the fight designers make the dps and heals shuffle and dance, and the main tank for the most part only has to taunt back and forth with his offtank. Sometimes the tank has to interrupt stuff. Sometimes. Sometimes he has to move the boss around. Sometimes.

This is only true if you tanked in Dragon Soul and nowhere else, and even then never tanked Spine bloods.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
SKP
11/18/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Rijdot

This is only true if you tanked in Dragon Soul and nowhere else, and even then never tanked Spine bloods.

Quoted for truth. Been tanking since Vanilla, and Cata bored the !@#$ out of me. Made me go DPS for the whole xpac.

Off-topic, Rijdot, who IS your monk? I'd like to armory him, since you seem to know your %^-* on the Monk forums and on here.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
Off-topic, Rijdot, who IS your monk? I'd like to armory him, since you seem to know your %^-* on the Monk forums and on here.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stonemaul/Punchdr%C3%BCnk/simple

I change a lot of stuff around for a LOT of fights (I have bags full of gems, shoulder enchants and leg armors) so just going off the gear you see at any given moment my not necessarily be the best way to go about things.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Definitely not the case these days. We have stuff to be aware of not to stand in.

Stone Guard: Mines and puddles can both be put under us.
Feng: Epicenter for non-barriers; don't block fire paths, etc.
Gara'jal: Don't stand in totem area.
Spirit Kings: So much crap to be aware of.
Elegon: How to move adds depending on Raid DPS/burst on protectors + mitigating damage at potentially high stacks.
Will: Dance, baby, dance.

Nevermind HoF and ToES... though they're slightly less demanding insofar.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
We're currently in a golden age of raids being interesting/demanding for tanks. Back in Cata, if we had a tank app and we wanted to try them out, I'd go dps and have them do a run through Stonecore because other than maybe blood tank on Spine there just weren't many raid fights that really tested tanks.

Very different world today. And the trash is GLORIOUS! I just about wet myself with happiness the first time we did the trash before Elegon. Even after they nerfed it, its still the most fun I've had with trash since BC.
Edited by Wrathblood on 11/18/2012 8:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
SKP
We're currently in a golden age of raids being interesting/demanding for tanks. Back in Cata, if we had a tank app and we wanted to try them out, I'd go dps and have them do a run through Stonecore because other than maybe blood tank on Spine there just weren't many raid fights that really tested tanks.

Very different world today. And the trash is GLORIOUS! I just about wet myself with happiness the first time we did the trash before Elegon. Even after they nerfed it, its still the most fun I've had with trash since BC.

I used to use Shattering Halls heroic in much the same way. I also used to teach prot warriors how to effectively aoe tank like Paladins using that instance, before Tclap was infinite target or whatever it is now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

They nerfed elegon trash?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

In my experience there are four classes of tanks in terms of skill. "Teh suck", average, good and great. Bad tanks are self explanatory. The average and good tanks can handle most fights just fine because as you say, there isn't much work involved, much of the time. Great tanks step up their game almost all of the time. In the more basic fights (most non heroic content these days) great tanks make it all look easy. Most good tanks I've come across don't want to take on the leadership role, they just want to tank. The benefit of the MT role being easy in many situations is that gives you time to control the rest of the raid and guide them as they watch mana bars/rotations/circles of death.

I've known many good tanks who if they took the reigns, they'd be great tanks as they'd have to learn more of the fight/mob mechanics. Sometimes getting those folks to just mark targets is a pain. There are times when as a healer I would get frustrated that the tanks would expect me to mark all pulls, especially in alt runs just because I was a raid leader or my main was usually the MT. Its hard to lead from the back while watching mana bars and make quick decisions on CC, kill targets etc..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I'd take a break dude. I mean personally I don't do a whole lot anymore myself, I raid every few weeks to help fill a slot in my guild. If I'm waiting for LFR then I'm playing the auction house, due to how monotonous the dailies are in this expac. I don't sweat it too hard. It's really not worth it.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I'll echo what others have said, if the only thing you find enjoyable is tanking LFR, might be time for a break.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
11/19/2012 03:22 AMPosted by Sparklefever
They nerfed elegon trash?
They move slower than peas now.

First week it was terrifying

Hmm, did they nerf it after wednesday or something?

Because I haven't noticed a change
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]