Medium population server. I call bull cookies

10 Blood Elf Warrior
I've seen 3 people talk in trade since I've come here. Which coming from a server like moon guard, it's a huge difference from what I'm used to. Ok, so there aren't many people, no big deal. I'll just play with the AH I thought to myself. Nope, without people, no one can buy my stuff! This will make leveling with no mains to supply heirlooms, a dry AH that has no upgrades, and no gold; really really difficult. I look forward to the challenge though. #gobuymystuff
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Playing at 3 in the morning or something? I see people spamming trade all the time.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
For what it's worth, the blue side of the server - if you're willing to consider it - is pretty lively most of the day and the AH is well-stocked.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Warrior
10/26/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Collie
For what it's worth, the blue side of the server - if you're willing to consider it - is pretty lively most of the day and the AH is well-stocked.

I had planned to come here with friends, none of which seem to be making their way over and I originally wanted to be blue but they cried. Seeing as how they're being slow about coming... I may reroll since I'm only level 10 at this point.

I work 7 days a week from 3-11pm server time (another reason I picked here was because it's est) So I was only logging in from roughly 8am-10am which may have been a dead time.

My only issue now is how to get my 15g over to the alliance side, which for me, is ironic as it gets. Back on moonguard I ran a cross faction gold trade service (had 2 toons on either side bankrolling both faction's auction houses at the same time) and anyone that wanted to reroll or make an alt on the opposing side that didn't want to take the neutral AH 15% cut or didn't have anyone they trusted enough to hold the gold would just come to me. They'd give me whatever amount (the largest I ever did was 125,000G) and we'd log over to the opposite faction and I'd give it back since I was self sustaining on either side. So if you made a horde alt and had 10,000G on alliance side, you could contact me, give me 5k, then I give you 5k on the other side so you weren't broke. Once the transaction was complete I'd have them leave feedback on my "official cross faction gold trade" thread and I was up to 18 pages of feedback... I don't know why I went into that whole story, make a thread on Moon Guard and ask about Fortunes/Prosperous or the <Alliance Credit Union> and <Horde Credit Union> and there are people that remember. So odd being broke now. lol
Reply Quote
72 Tauren Paladin
Ok... let's not delude ourselves, you do not see people spamming trade all the time on drenden horde. I mean, I love Drenden but I'm not about to lie to myself.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Actually, yeah I do. Drenden has its fair share of trade trolls and the server isn't dead, I can sell stuff on the AH and typically find stuff I need.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
drenden is a more guild oriented server..not like tich, kt, illidian or other high servers where you can just jump into rbgs,arena,raids..from trade.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Looking at the pop #s from Wowprogress, I'd say that Drenden is indeed a medium pop server. Bear in mind that a server like Ilidan isn't normal, its a serious outlier. Add in that its almost all Horde and it is wildly skewed.

"Medium" means, "in the middle". Illidan has 4x our population, while we have 15x the population of Warsong (what on EARTH is going on with Warsong? I'm hoping that server is brand new with MoP or it needs contracting).

There are of 246 US servers. Population-wise (defined as # of level 90 characters who have killed T13 raid content or are in a guild that has killed T13 raid content) Drenden is #103. That seems pretty middle-ish to me. Now I didn't go and look to see exactly how populous Horde is on each of those servers, but I'll make the unsupported assumption that its about the same.

Of course, a higher % of WoW players are on the higher pop servers than the lower pop servers. Illidan by itself has more people than the, oh, 12 or so lowest pop servers added together.

So, there are plenty of options, server-wise. Play on the one that fits your needs the best.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Drenden on Horde side: Can be busy, but very quiet. Trade chat does not get busy very often.

Drenden on Alliance side: late night hours can be quiet, but trade is generally full of trolls with a few actual conversations mixed in.

If you are looking for a high-pop, high-class server, Drenden is not it. As far as the AH goes, the low and mid items sectors are ran by transmogg sales.

After many years on this server, I gave up on it and transferred servers last week. There is a large contingent of people on this server that have made it horrible to play on, at least alliance side. It is continuing to earn the reputation it has received on its' wowwiki page.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]