Blizzard fires main Warlock developer

90 Worgen Warlock
The main warlock developer was fired by blizzard due to his stance on the new warlock spell cataclysm. He was a frequent poster on MMO champ and it was really cool to have an ear of a developer in a fan site forum. We were able to talk directly to him and give opinions on spells,talents and quests. His name was Xelnath and he will be missed. He wrote an apology letter, here is the link http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1215856-An-Apology-to-the-Community. Sorry to see this happen bro, hope everything works out.

Sad Face.
Reply Quote
You're a little bit late, sweety.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
1) There is no mention of Blizzard firing Xlenath, only that he and the company parted ways.
2) Xelnath says that he brought this upon himself by his actions at work.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
wow I was taken aback when I heard about this. I wish they wouldn't have done that, he seemed a decent guy and decent with the class under his charge. BTW does anyone know who the hunter class lead is?? I am guessing its Dick Cheney
Edited by Toxarís on 10/26/2012 9:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Lets do the time warp agaaaaaaaain!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
10/26/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Shenliu
You're a little bit late, sweety.

Better late then never.

1) There is no mention of Blizzard firing Xlenath, only that he and the company parted ways.
2) Xelnath says that he brought this upon himself by his actions at work.

"That has led to a series of correct decisions on the part of the Blizzard," This is how you say I got fired in a round about way. He didn't quit and no longer works there, call it what you want where I'm from it's called getting fired.
Edited by Dethh on 10/26/2012 9:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
If i had an employee bashing the other emplyess and acting liek a child I would fire them too.

So whats the point?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/26/2012 09:17 AMPosted by Toxarís
BTW does anyone know who the hunter class lead is?? I am guessing its Dick Cheney

that would explain why hunters are so powerful.
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 09:17 AMPosted by Toxarís
wow I was taken aback when I heard about this. I wish they wouldn't have done that, he seemed a decent guy and decent with the class under his charge. BTW does anyone know who the hunter class lead is?? I am guessing its Dick Cheney

The business model is in charge of the hunter class--you know, the one where you make something so overpowered anyone can smash anyone with it to get other's to play more and reroll this toon and then nerf it to the ground 3-6 months later. See mages.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
If i had an employee bashing the other emplyess and acting liek a child I would fire them too.

So whats the point?

I agree. The point of what, this thread? To let the community know what happened and to let them know to expect a new Dev is going to be creating warlocks. Personally I liked where this dev was taking us, hopefully the new one isn't clueless.

Whats the point of your post is a better question.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/26/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Kerrath
BTW does anyone know who the hunter class lead is?? I am guessing its Dick Cheney

that would explain why hunters are so powerful.

not all, just the new BM and that is going down.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/26/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Dethh
The main warlock developer was fired by blizzard due to his stance on the new warlock spell cataclysm.

That is not why he was fired.

He was fired for publicly insulting his bosses and his coworkers. Stating his stance about the spell would have been fine, but he went and aired several years of dirty laundry publicly... something that would get anybody in any position anywhere fired.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
If anything this gives some raw insight on what goes on behind the scenes between devs. Looks like the dev meetings over character balancing makes the forums seem tame by comparision.

Also you should be thanking the fired dev for your new cataclysm spell. It looks like he lost his job getting the ability to live

It wasnt the ability but certain mechanics of it. Personally I think the spell is either gonna be way to OP and over the top or worthless, we are yet to see. Either way it sucks to see someone lose a job like this, must have been this guys dream job.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
10/26/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Draug
The main warlock developer was fired by blizzard due to his stance on the new warlock spell cataclysm.

That is not why he was fired.

He was fired for publicly insulting his bosses and his coworkers. Stating his stance about the spell would have been fine, but he went and aired several years of dirty laundry publicly... something that would get anybody in any position anywhere fired.

Well his stance on the spell was what got him mad enough to air that laundry, so it built up to that. I'd say were both right.
Reply Quote
19 Pandaren Monk
Where are the proofs that this guy was a dev ? Any CM can confirms or deny ?
Edited by ßamboo on 10/26/2012 9:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock

So whats the point?

*employees
*him vs. them

I do not believe you have or ever will have any employees.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Developers shouldn't be posting on "fansites" anyways, even if Blizzard allows them to do so.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Mr. Head Warlock Developer lost his cool at work and shot his mouth off in a professional environment.

That's why they parted ways. There are things you can't do at your job and keep working there. That's why they're professionals.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]