WTB...

90 Blood Elf Rogue
But being able to fly before 90, while nice, convenient even, is not essential to the leveling process and truthfully, other than convenient, I'm not sure it's healthy for this xpac. We got our sugar highs and gluttonous need for and of convenience fed in Cata, now it's time to deal with the addiction to it and get back to basics. Hard but needful and for some certainly not easy.

What drugs are you on may I ask ?

Let me know when you have 11 toons that need to go through the horror of Pandaria leveling via ground mount.

Till then take your platitudes and opinions and kindly keep them to your self.

Flight is not a convenience ...hasn't been for two expansions now.
Edited by Shixa on 10/27/2012 11:06 PM PDT
100 Gnome Mage
We're not sure if we'll be doing this. The tome worked out well enough for Wrath of the Lich King as an experiment, but so much of the experience we spent a lot of time and effort shaping in Pandaria is negated by flying. In addition to the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794350230"]upcoming reputation changes[/url] for alts (when a character on the account hits Revered), we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts, but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.

well then you can keep your game LOL and love it cause I for one cancelled all 3 of my accounts no flight for alts then no money for blizzard=). enjoy.

Ditto, I only have two accounts but I have like 16 alts and though I have loremaster on this toon and will likely do the same iwth others, I am no where near ready to raid yet and I would really like to get my favorite toons ready to raid before 2029! You took away my HGWT and messed up my questing with my friends.... GGAAAHHHHH Give me flying or give me HGWT back!
Edited by Magnata on 10/27/2012 11:11 PM PDT
90 Troll Mage
10/27/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Shixa
But being able to fly before 90, while nice, convenient even, is not essential to the leveling process and truthfully, other than convenient, I'm not sure it's healthy for this xpac. We got our sugar highs and gluttonous need for and of convenience fed in Cata, now it's time to deal with the addiction to it and get back to basics. Hard but needful and for some certainly not easy.

Let me know when you have 11 toons that need to go through the horror of Pandaria leveling via ground mount.

The difference here though is that you don't NEED to level 11 different toons to max level.

That is completely your choice, and the option is there. Now if you choose to do so, you'll just have to level by ground, which won't kill you. There are main characters, and there are alternate characters, hence the nick name "alt." The point of this game is to build upon your main character to achieve the greatest things the game has to offer. An alt character is there to play in case you get bored of your main. What YOU'RE doing is trying to have 11+ different mains to play, and if you choose to do that, prepare to go through the hard labor required.
71 Undead Death Knight

LOL you funny!

I've got 1 - 90 and 4 others currently going through Pandaria oh wait... make that 5 - forgot the ally toon I'm leveling through Pandaria. What makes it less grindy for me is picking and choosing what zones I go through. I also cheat and at lvl 86 sneak my toons through Kun Lai, over the wall, and sneakie sneakie to the Shrine of the Two Moons (or Seven Stars in the case of my ally toon) so I have access to portals, banking, reforge, and in the case of my engineer the AH as well as the flight point. To use an adage that has whiskers far longer than I've got, when life (or the game) gives you lemons, make lemonade (or in this case, find a way around the hard way of doing some things. *grin*).

And as I said, our need for convenience got fed for two expansions, things have changed - as all things do, it's time to suck it up and deal with the fact things change.

No drugs needed or necessary... not even alcohol, just know that's how all things are.
Edited by Theoldman on 10/27/2012 11:24 PM PDT
100 Gnome Mage

/second
/third
and /fourth!
100 Troll Warrior
Why the flying blue blazes are you people leveling alts when you apparently hate the leveling experience anyways? Do you realise how idiotic you all sound?

If you want instant pew pew pew or whatever, go find a console game. Mmorpgs aren't designed to work like you want them to.
71 Undead Death Knight
Why the flying blue blazes are you people leveling alts when you apparently hate the leveling experience anyways? Do you realise how idiotic you all sound?

If you want instant pew pew pew or whatever, go find a console game. Mmorpgs aren't designed to work like you want them to.

I agree... if they hate leveling that much either a) don't do it! (the pain stops when you stop banging your head against that titanium wall!), and/or b) do what most people I know do when they hate something that much, find an option and do it like I dunno... quest just long enough to open up the first dungeon and level the toon through that process as at every level ding (or there abouts) there's new abilities and dungeons that open up automatically.
Edited by Theoldman on 10/27/2012 11:19 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Rogue

The difference here though is that you don't NEED to level 11 different toons to max level.

That is completely your choice, and the option is there. Now if you choose to do so, you'll just have to level by ground, which won't kill you. There are main characters, and there are alternate characters, hence the nick name "alt." The point of this game is to build upon your main character to achieve the greatest things the game has to offer. An alt character is there to play in case you get bored of your main. What YOU'RE doing is trying to have 11+ different mains to play, and if you choose to do that, prepare to go through the hard labor required.

I dont have a main, I do how ever have 11 toons I play on.

as for the hard labor . .where was it in TBC, Wrath or Cata ...Why now decide that hard labor and a grind your !@# to hell game design is appropriate or even warranted.

If I want a grindy MMO Ill go play some Korean MMO, I play wow because it isn't grindy or requires 6000 hours of leveling by ground mount. MoP changed this .. and not for the better.

Again let me make it perfectly clear to you .. I dont have a main.
Edited by Shixa on 10/27/2012 11:26 PM PDT
100 Gnome Mage
10/27/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Crithto
We're not sure if we'll be doing this. The tome worked out well enough for Wrath of the Lich King as an experiment, but so much of the experience we spent a lot of time and effort shaping in Pandaria is negated by flying. In addition to the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794350230"]upcoming reputation changes[/url] for alts (when a character on the account hits Revered), we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts, but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.

I have two accounts and 16 alts. I want to level them before I die. I want them to be able to fly.... Otherwise leveling becomes utterly painful and abhorrent. I absolutely loved the tomb of flying in wrath, and was overjoyed you dropped the need for it entirely in this xp. I have 3 dps toons behind this one and I would also like to try tanking and healing sometime this century. Make more epic quest lines that I can do grouped iwth my friends.... wrathgate and the battle for undercity was fabulous. We do what's left of it on every alt we level through there and still do the argent dailies.
Edited by Magnata on 10/27/2012 11:31 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Complain complain blah blah....I don't wanna spend x amount of time leveling y amount of alts in an expansion that's not going to be obsolete for at least 3 years.

I hate that blizz can dictate how I play their game that they spent some odd amount of time passionately developing. I just want to be max level with all of my toons so I can complain that there's nothing to do but dailies.

I just wanna be spoiled and lazy!

So anyways, consider this game a painting, a play, or a movie. The developers want it to be looked at, watched, played through, experienced, and enjoyed. Skipping over everything takes away from that almost entirely. Also remember, at the end of the day it's THEIR game, they CAN tell you how to play it.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
10/27/2012 11:25 PMPosted by Skatmando
that's not going to be obsolete for at least 3 years.

MoP will be done with inside of 2 years.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
10/27/2012 11:25 PMPosted by Skatmando
So anyways, consider this game a painting, a play, or a movie. The developers want it to be looked at, watched, played through, experienced, and enjoyed. Skipping over everything takes away from that almost entirely. Also remember, at the end of the day it's THEIR game, they CAN tell you how to play it.

Ive already painted this picture twice and seen it twice ...from the ground no less and I find that a 3rd or 9th time will add nothing new to the experience.
Edited by Shixa on 10/27/2012 11:30 PM PDT
100 Gnome Mage

I love questing. I love questing grouped with friends, but also being able to solo other toons when one of us is on vacation or something. We want to be able to try out differnet classes.... Maybe I'd like to try to tank or heal or riad with a pet class. We like to not have to do the exact same quests the exact same way 10 times in a row! Maybe take 3 toons through valley of 4 winds and 3 through Karasong wilds instead rather than having to do both on all 6. I wouldn't even buy a console game since I hate pew pew games. (no i do not own an x-box and have no plans on buying one)
90 Blood Elf Rogue

I love questing. I love questing grouped with friends, but also being able to solo other toons when one of us is on vacation or something. We want to be able to try out differnet classes.... Maybe I'd like to try to tank or heal or riad with a pet class. We like to not have to do the exact same quests the exact same way 10 times in a row! Maybe take 3 toons through valley of 4 winds and 3 through Karasong wilds instead rather than having to do both on all 6. I wouldn't even buy a console game since I hate pew pew games. (no i do not own an x-box and have no plans on buying one)

I just wish i could skip 100% of Dread wastes . .such a horrible zone.

Trust me I will find a way to avoid that zone altogether before this expansion is over.
71 Undead Death Knight
10/27/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Magnata

I have two accounts and 16 alts. I want to level them before I die. I want them to be able to fly.... Otherwise leveling becomes utterly painful and abhorrent. I absolutely loved the tomb of flying in wrath, and was overjoyed you dropped the need for it entirely in this xp. I have 3 dps toons behind this one and I would also like to try tanking and healing sometime this century. Make more epic quest lines that I can do grouped iwth my friends.... wrathgate and the battle for undercity was fabulous. We do whats left of it on every alt we level through there.

I promise you'll finish before the century is done, just find ways around to make the game play more pleasureable inspite of the fact Blizz changed some things.

As to Wrathgate/Battle for Undercity - LOVED that! and was sorry when it got deleted out of the game. It would not hurt my feelings at all to something similar be done this xpac.

That said, I suspect what is currently being worked in the PTR (the build up of the arrival of the bulk of faction forces) is meant to be the equivalent of what we experienced in those two quest lines. Whether or not those will feel as epic and hero like (for the Horde unlikely for those of us who are not Garrosh supporters) is currently up for debate since the PTR is just getting started. But we'll see.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/27/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Shixa
that's not going to be obsolete for at least 3 years.

Says the experts? Oh..no, says you. Ok.

10/27/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Shixa

Ive already painted this picture twice and seen it twice ...from the ground no less and I find that a 3rd or 9th time will add nothing new to the experience.

Sounds like you should look at a different picture, tell me what are your plans with that little army of alts you have? What's gonna happen when they all level cap inside of a week?
71 Undead Death Knight
10/27/2012 11:37 PMPosted by Skatmando

Sounds like you should look at a different picture, tell me what are your plans with that little army of alts you have? What's gonna happen when they all level cap inside of a week?

Find out just how grindy and painful repetition of the dailies are? And then complain about how bad it is and how it should be sped up so it only takes 3 days to get all the reps to exalted? *low chuckle*
90 Blood Elf Rogue

Ill use them for what they are intended as.

Wow only paints one picture, only shows one movie ...what would you suggest I change it to?

MoP isnt designed as a long lasting expansion .. you should already be aware of this, besides Blizz has already said MoP wont be around for as long as Cata or Wrath.
Edited by Shixa on 10/27/2012 11:42 PM PDT
20 Blood Elf Hunter
peoople are just lazy
100 Troll Shaman
I wouldn't be AS annoyed by being stuck on the ground if I could walk on the ground at the same rate that I can fly. But being stuck on the ground (and rep grinds *cough*) makes me not want to play the game and not level any more characters. Flying is one of the things that makes WoW more magical and exciting and wonderful and fun.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]