WTB...

90 Blood Elf Hunter
No.
Community Manager
We're not sure if we'll be doing this. The tome worked out well enough for Wrath of the Lich King as an experiment, but so much of the experience we spent a lot of time and effort shaping in Pandaria is negated by flying. In addition to the upcoming reputation changes for alts (when a character on the account hits Revered), we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts, but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.
15 Gnome Rogue
We're not sure if we'll be doing this. The tome worked out well enough for Wrath of the Lich King as an experiment, but so much of the experience we spent a lot of time and effort shaping in Pandaria is negated by flying. In addition to the upcoming reputation changes for alts (when a character on the account hits Revered), we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts, but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.

Atta boy
90 Undead Rogue
10/27/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Crithto
but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.

Have to be honest.. I'm a little disappointed to read that.
86 Dwarf Hunter
Will you add flying in ghost form if character dies out in the world?
90 Human Warrior
we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts, but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.

Please, please, please consider a buff to experience for each character at ninety and buff looms to 90 pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
90 Draenei Paladin
we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts, but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.

You need to take Valor off the rep vendors and put it on a normal vendor.

I am not going through that grind on my other characters, I don't care how easy you try and make it.
90 Pandaren Rogue
Definitely makes more of a difference for those on PvP realms than it does on PvE. Less likely to get ganked when you aren't stuck on the ground. Personally, I don't care either way.
90 Gnome Warlock
We're not sure if we'll be doing this. The tome worked out well enough for Wrath of the Lich King as an experiment, but so much of the experience we spent a lot of time and effort shaping in Pandaria is negated by flying. In addition to the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794350230"]upcoming reputation changes[/url] for alts (when a character on the account hits Revered), we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts, but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.

fair enough...

we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts

^ this is a must though... MoP is the first xpac where I dread the 2nd time through even.
90 Pandaren Mage
The "experience" being forced on one character is plenty. If you have a character at 90, I don't really see the point of forcing it on ppl while they level their alts. ALL of these people saying "no"...don't buy it...nothing would force you to buy the tome and/or use it if it were made available.
90 Undead Warlock
This is why Blues don't post often. It devolves into a babbling mess of "GIMME GIMME GIMME".
90 Tauren Druid
How are we missing the experience by allowing flying on alts? We've already seen it once, and for some of us, that was more than enough. I don't really have any plan to level any alts at this point, which means I'll just get tired of MoP that much faster.

We're not sure if we'll be doing this. The tome worked out well enough for Wrath of the Lich King as an experiment, but so much of the experience we spent a lot of time and effort shaping in Pandaria is negated by flying. In addition to the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794350230"]upcoming reputation changes[/url] for alts (when a character on the account hits Revered), we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts, but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.
- Hearthstone
90 Tauren Paladin
10/27/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Gumberculeez
MoP is the first xpac where I dread the 2nd time through even.

What?!?! You didn't dread leveling through BC again? You must've never had alts back then.
10 Undead Warrior
Yet another decision by Blizzard on a particular aspect of the game that can ONLY have a negative effect on the game.

Not allowing a tome of flying for alts is now in the silly category of:

Lowering the run speed while dead.
Removing portals. (we eventually got them back)
Forcing the use of only 2 cities. (MoP wisely fixed this)
Not allowing flying in ghost form.
Not allowing a BoA tabard for alts as an exalted reward. (The current "fix" for making it easier for alts to gain rep is not a fix at all. The last thing I want to do to gear up alts, is do another couple thousand dailies that I've already done on my main.)

These are ones just off the top of my head.
Edited by Seneselina on 10/27/2012 4:09 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Mage

never change this, ever! Pandaria leveling is perfect the way it is. I just love the adventure.. everything is more fun and crazier on ground mounts.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/27/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Torque
I agree. I miss leveling on the ground with everyone else.

Anything that gives me an excuse to ride my motorcycle is a good thing :)
90 Goblin Shaman
I don't really understand how it is that being forced into using a ground mount keeps me from bypassing all the scenery anyway. This is a weak argument. All I see is toons on ground mounts training mobs until they get where they want to be. The mobs leash.

Am I dynamically experiencing hills? I don't see the draw. Using the logic that players shouldn't be allowed to bypass the experience, how come I can queue for dungeons and pvp? Using those I bypass the experience completely.

I like pandaria. I liked all the content before. I was still out doing quests and flying around until the day before the xpac dropped. Taking away flying didn't do that for me. Taking away flying did make me less interested in doing it again.

It is getting old losing flying at the beginning of each xpac so I can experience the content. What's the point really?
90 Undead Warlock
Yet another decision by Blizzard on a particular aspect of the game that can ONLY have a negative effect on the game.

Not allowing a tome of flying for alts is now in the silly category of:

Lowering the run speed while dead.
Removing portals.
Forcing the use of only 2 cities.
Not allowing flying in ghost form.
Not allowing a BoA tabard for alts as an exalted reward. (The current "fix" for making it easier for alts to gain rep is not a fix at all. The last thing I want to do to gear up alts, is do another couple thousand dailies that I've already done on my main.)

These are ones just off the top of my head.

Don't forget HGWT and a Engineer-only AH in the new Panda cities! But, I kinda like lvling in Panda now, it's so pretty.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]