WTB...

I think not allowing flying until 90 was a really good decision from the perspective of going through it the first time, and I quite enjoyed the experience of exploring the continent from the ground on my main. However, that feeling of discovery goes away after the first time through, and I would appreciate the opportunity to get my wings back on my alts. I think a "tome of Pandarian flight" or something would be very nice.

Remember: if you don't like it, you don't have to buy the tome.

Also, I am once again astounded by the WoW community's ability to take any request for a minor quality of life improvement and turn it into "The Worst Thing Ever That Will Kill the Game and Shame on You for Even Suggesting It."
90 Goblin Hunter
10/27/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Crithto
but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.

Thank you ! :D I hate to see people just rushing content only to complain about it later like the majority of people did in Cata.
90 Human Mage
CFT
We're not sure if we'll be doing this. The tome worked out well enough for Wrath of the Lich King as an experiment, but so much of the experience we spent a lot of time and effort shaping in Pandaria is negated by flying. In addition to the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794350230"]upcoming reputation changes[/url] for alts (when a character on the account hits Revered), we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts, but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.

PLEASE do something, Crithto, because 85-90 was probably the most boring experience I've ever had, except when I used my Gatherer druid to level primarily from gathering ore and herbs.

If not flying, drop the EXP by 10-20% per level (85-90) once you have one 90 on that realm or something.

I WILL GIVE YOU SO MANY BELLY RUBS, FEZES (The hell is the multiple of "Fez"?) AND DOGGY TREATS!
Edited by Pewpewblast on 10/27/2012 4:17 PM PDT
10 Undead Warrior

Don't forget HGWT and a Engineer-only AH in the new Panda cities! But, I kinda like lvling in Panda now, it's so pretty.

Have Group Will Travel was OP, I think. However, Blizzard should have seen this coming before Cataclysm was released. Removing it after almost two years of use is like taking candy from a baby. They should have left it in.

I agree with the Engineer only AH. One, it's a nice perk for engineers. Two, it gives people a reason to go to the old cities, and spreads out players. If the new Pandaria cities had AH's it would constitute the same mistake Blizzard made in Cataclysm, by making players only use two cities. The main city on the new continent with portals to every major cities, gives players the freedom to go to whatever city they want, and spreads the players out so folks aren't subjected to an unnecessary lagfest.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Considering when they introduced it in Wrath, I wouldn't mind similar in MoP.
90 Undead Rogue
10/27/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Yakuchin
never change this, ever! Pandaria leveling is perfect the way it is. I just love the adventure.. everything is more fun and crazier on ground mounts.

You enjoy it but others do not. If a tome was added that required level 90 to purchase, it would allow players that want to fly the option of doing so, while players that enjoy ground(you) would not be forced into flying.
Let me put it this way. I and many others absolutely hated leveling to 90 the first time. Many others also really enjoyed it. Right now the thought of leveling an alt is horrifying and is actually making me want to play less since my access to content I care about is limited without first doing a bunch of boring quests I hated the first and second time already. People wanting more content doesn't solely rest on the shoulders of a grind for levels especially since a sizable portion of the player base simply DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR STORY/LORE/QUEST/TEXT in any format. No matter how you speed up leveling it will negate a lot of the effort you spent crafting our leveling process so it shouldn't be that tough of a decision about how to go about doing it. If your content is enjoyable we will play it and if tons of people would rather speed it up/skip it I guess it wasn't so great? People should play the way they want to play (selling point for MoP) you know and right now it doesn't quite work out that way. I realize Blizzard knows this and is obviously working to fix it so good job.
Edited by Turkeyone on 10/27/2012 4:29 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
I really hope threre won't be any tomes for alt, for Blizzard's own sake.

There's complains of world feeling empty, for both new players and PvP realms. Look at outland and wotlk, you barely see another player, and that's not an experience Blizzard will like new players to see.

Leveling taking too long is really a sad argument. leveling has never been easier, with useful quest greens/blues steadily buffing your toon, instead of crappy unusable greens. Anyone can get from 85-90 over a weekend or two if you set your mind to it. That's really nothing compared to previous expansion. Slow down, relax, there's really no race to lvl alts.
44 Orc Warrior
I say this would be great its hard to lvl my alts when i keep getting ganked by 90s every 5 mins thats if they not camping my dead body.
90 Undead Rogue
10/27/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Sanglis
There's complains of world feeling empty, for both new players and PvP realms

which crz fixed for a lot of people. also, how would flight for alts make the world empty?

10/27/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Sanglis
Leveling taking too long is really a sad argument.

It's not always about "leveling takes to long". Some people would prefer to do it with a flying mount, instead of by ground. We've already experienced the leveling part once already, so why not allow us the use of flight for our alts?
90 Human Priest
PST = "Please Send Tell".

"PST please" is redundant.

PST = "Pacific Standard Time".

Get it right~ ;)
I really hope threre won't be any tomes for alt, for Blizzard's own sake.

There's complains of world feeling empty, for both new players and PvP realms. Look at outland and wotlk, you barely see another player, and that's not an experience Blizzard will like new players to see.

Leveling taking too long is really a sad argument. leveling has never been easier, with useful quest greens/blues steadily buffing your toon, instead of crappy unusable greens. Anyone can get from 85-90 over a weekend or two if you set your mind to it. That's really nothing compared to previous expansion. Slow down, relax, there's really no race to lvl alts.

While I will agree about leveling speed if you're talking about wotlk/bc/vanilla but where were you for Cata? Leveling was definitely significantly faster and easier than 85-90. Another thing is how is it a sad argument? Some people don't enjoy questing at all. It has nothing to do with a race and way more to do with questing not being fun at all for many. Rather than losing subs I'm fairly sure Blizzard would agree its better to speed up leveling alts eventually if their previous comments are any indication. The question doesn't really seem to be if they will or not it is more about how and when.
Edited by Turkeyone on 10/27/2012 4:41 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Hunter
We're not sure if we'll be doing this.

If I may make a suggestion, eventually allowing the purchase of flight at a slightly lower level than 90 may be a compromise. Even just allowing it at 88 or 89 would smooth over the last couple questing zones (Townlong Steppes and especially Dread Wastes), which definitely feel to be designed a little less exclusively for ground travel, having fairly large travel distances in some cases and a lot fewer flightpaths.
90 Pandaren Shaman
we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts, but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer

Please consider buffing heirlooms so they work until level 90, if nothing else.

The guild leg heirlooms didn't become unlocked until most of my guild's raiders were 90, so no one got to use them. And considering many of us have alts sitting at level 85 already, that's not going to give us much use either. And the guild heirlooms aren't cheap, so most people aren't wasting money to buy them at all.
Edited by Lavanya on 10/27/2012 4:41 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
If this is about seeing the content then make a tome that is only purchasable by level 90 toons that have the Loremaster of Pandaria achievement and perhaps Explore Pandaria. That way there's proof they've seen all the content. There's no reason to force folks like that thru things multiple times, if anything it cuts down on playable content when you don't want to level your alts.
90 Tauren Druid
Bad idea. There's enough bots as it is, we don't need 85s flying around pandaria.
90 Undead Warlock
10/27/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Zyleia
If this is about seeing the content then make a tome that is only purchasable by level 90 toons that have the Loremaster of Pandaria achievement and perhaps Explore Pandaria. That way there's proof they've seen all the content. There's no reason to force folks like that thru things multiple times, if anything it cuts down on playable content when you don't want to level your alts.

How many ways does he need to say 'no' before people hear it?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]