WTB...

Its fine, im just leveling my alts through dungeons. Its taking like a month just for two of them, but I refuse to quest again in Pandaria, it was not fun for me. Dungeon crawling is fun for me.
90 Goblin Warlock
We're not sure if we'll be doing this. The tome worked out well enough for Wrath of the Lich King as an experiment, but so much of the experience we spent a lot of time and effort shaping in Pandaria is negated by flying. In addition to the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794350230"]upcoming reputation changes[/url] for alts (when a character on the account hits Revered), we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts, but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.

I'm sorry, but really.... this is nonsensical. Adding wasteful time sinks doesn't create more content or make the game more interesting (**cough D3 cough**). Given the nature of wow today, it's really just an annoyance that's going to hinder progression.

Why would you take that stance. It's silly.

It helps cut down on bots farming for one. I really haven't seen many/any bots yet in pandaria while they are rampant in Cata zones still.

Why do you need flying? You don't. You're acting self entitled.

BC there wasn't such a thing as BoA flying and you NEEDED flying to get into some instances unless you got summoned.
Edited by Purebalance on 10/27/2012 8:15 PM PDT
90 Troll Rogue
10/27/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Xaruko
Its fine, im just leveling my alts through dungeons. Its taking like a month just for two of them, but I refuse to quest again in Pandaria, it was not fun for me. Dungeon crawling is fun for me.

Yea, based on what I remember reading Blizz say about leveling through Pandaland, I had hoped there was going to be like 15 zones, only 5 of which you needed to visit in order to break up the monotony. Too bad that wasn't the case. It felt like I was walking down a very small hallway all the way to 90 with no other options but to go one single route.
10/27/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts, but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.

You need to take Valor off the rep vendors and put it on a normal vendor.

I am not going through that grind on my other characters, I don't care how easy you try and make it.

Then play one character? What's the issue here? Why do you need 18 characters all decked out in 489 gear?
90 Troll Rogue

I'm sorry, but really.... this is nonsensical. Adding wasteful time sinks doesn't create more content or make the game more interesting (**cough D3 cough**). Given the nature of wow today, it's really just an annoyance that's going to hinder progression.

It helps cut down on bots farming for one. I really haven't seen many/any bots yet in pandaria while they are rampant in Cata zones still.

BC there wasn't such a thing as BoA flying and you NEEDED flying to get into some instances unless you got summoned.

Bots don't give two !@#$s about anything because there isn't anyone putting the time in behind them to get the results, hence why the game creation limit (the first one) in D3 was met with a mountain of PLAYER criticism. People shouldn't be negatively affected by something that's a very small issue in this game outside of PVP. Unless he said it many posts back, he didn't say he needed flying. I dislike Pandaland because the leveling is brutally slow, boring and linear. Flying would help speed that up and reduce the amount of time I'm having to endure that so I can get to play my alts. I'm sure he feels the same.
Edited by Ithunkhard on 10/27/2012 8:15 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
10/27/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Paneele
Then play one character? What's the issue here? Why do you need 18 characters all decked out in 489 gear?

Because one character gets boring. People want options, and class/group play isn't at its peak until you're 90 and pushing content.
90 Goblin Warlock

Bots don't give two !@#$s about anything because there isn't anyone putting the time in behind them to get the results, hence why the game creation limit (the first one) in D3 was met with a mountain of PLAYER criticism. People shouldn't be negatively affected by something that's a very small issue in this game outside of PVP. Unless he said it many posts back, he didn't say he needed flying. I dislike Pandaland because the leveling is brutally slow, boring and linear. Flying would help speed that up and reduce the amount of time I'm having to endure that so I can get to play my alts. I'm sure he feels the same.

Then why not give flying to lvl 1? You are 100% self entitled if you think you deserve to get flying on your alts. Plain and simple. "I want it so damn well you better give it to me!" It's that attitude that is ruining wow.

Also yes bots care. Farming bots would be all over pandaria if 85s could have flying in Pandaria.
90 Undead Rogue
If they allow flying mounts in pandaria for below 90 then I think you should be able to be cc'd off your mount while in the air. That's the only trade off I would accept for sub 90 flying.
90 Troll Rogue
[

Then why not give flying to lvl 1? You are 100% self entitled if you think you deserve to get flying on your alts. Plain and simple. "I want it so damn well you better give it to me!" It's that attitude that is ruining wow.

Also yes bots care. Farming bots would be all over pandaria if 85s could have flying in Pandaria.

If you want anything to help benefit your play experience that automatically makes you entitled? Oh boy you're a funny one. Tell me why they shouldn't give it to level 1s? What's so wrong about giving flying to level ones?

You also don't seem to even remotely understand botters at all. They don't care what you do, what Blizz puts in their way or anything like that. Long as their bot works and they make gold/real money off of it, they'll do it and they'll do it a lot. It makes no difference to them. They 'win' either way.

10/27/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Ådp
If they allow flying mounts in pandaria for below 90 then I think you should be able to be cc'd off your mount while in the air. That's the only trade off I would accept for sub 90 flying.

There's an item that knocks people off their mount already in the game.
Edited by Ithunkhard on 10/27/2012 8:24 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Warrior
Please allow farming plots to grant rep at all levels.
90 Worgen Druid
10/27/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Crithto
We're not sure if we'll be doing this. The tome worked out well enough for Wrath of the Lich King as an experiment, but so much of the experience we spent a lot of time and effort shaping in Pandaria is negated by flying. In addition to the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794350230"]upcoming reputation changes[/url] for alts (when a character on the account hits Revered), we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts, but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.

You're catering to casuals, but you won't give us a tome of flying for our alts...
Make it a gold sink. You know you like gold sinks.
AND, it would barely even speed up leveling. Maybe a total of 2 or 3 hours faster for the whole 85-90. And what's 2-3 hours for an avg of, i would guess, 24 to 30.
Classic - Spent any second of my freetime playing WoW, including when I was grinding from 50-60. (Grinding wasn't the most fun thing ever, especially on alts, but I still enjoyed the game)
BC - Leveled straight through 60-70 only taking breaks for sleep. (Fun on main, terrible on alts, progress)
WotLK -Leveled straight through 60-80 only taking breaks for sleep. (Decently Fun on main, crap on alts, progress in terms of quests flow, but less interesting zones)
Cata - Leveled straight through 80-85 in a single sitting (Fun, good quest flow, the most linear WoW has ever been (good or bad thing) bearable on alts)
MoP - Took breaks at 87, 88, and 89 because it was boring. (I enjoyed Jade Forest and Vot4W the first time around, didn't like any other zone)

I don't mind mediocre content once but I hate being forced to be bored for extended periods of time for an alt.

Flying mounts may not be blizzard's answer to the problem, but I have a tough time thinking of why. Unless they are willing to put time into making the experience less boring, I have no will to level an alt. Flying certainly doesn't make it less boring, but it shortens the amount of time I have to spend being bored. "We put time into making Pandaria." Wonderful. I understand that. But I've seen Pandaria now. I know what it looks like, I know what the quests are, I know the twists and turns, I know where certain mobs spawn, I know which zone has which mood, tone, and color pallet. Maybe instead of relating 'people experiencing the new continent' to questing, you should make some raids that place outside. Then people can 'experience' the continent (that they've already experienced) and do something worthwhile at the same time.

Its especially an odd stance to have considering if people actually wanted to, they could - i dunno - not buy the flying for alts.

I'm not trying to make an argument to do something JUST to make leveling a shorter experience, as I mentioned before, I leveled back in classic when you had to grind out levels, and I had multiple 60s. What I am saying though, is that leveling is not the main focus of an MMO. What keeps an MMO alive, and blizzard knows this better than anyone (or should anyway, seeing as how their subscriber numbers rise and drop in regards to the state of their's) is END GAME CONTENT. There is a reason subscribers dropped at the end of WotLK and Cata and its not because there wasn't enough leveling to do. Just saying.

It makes little sense to spend my time trudging through content I hate just so I can get to the content I want to do...on an ALT no less.

Its also rather odd that you mentioned the 'reputation grind' and what you guys are doing to make it less soul crushingly boring and tedious...thing is...the reputation 'grind' wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't just a bunch of daily quests. Key word there, quests. It seems, based on popular opinion (obviously I don't know what everyone enjoys, I certainly won't claim that, its simply my perception of the amount of racket that occurs on the forums and in-game chat channels) that questing sucks.
Edited by Pwndaria on 10/27/2012 8:37 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
10/27/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Hixson
Will you add flying in ghost form if character dies out in the world?

^ This, Please. While at it, Buff The Quick and the Dead back to 100%..
90 Orc Warrior

What about a compromise? An alt flying book... that isn't available until level 88. By that point you're usually at the end of kun-lai/beginning of Townlong Steppes, which is a much more flying-conscious part of the leveling curve.
90 Dwarf Paladin
NIN
we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts, but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.

What about those content to level as you farm herbs or mines? I barely did any quests on my hunter from 80 to 85. The bulk of my experience came from gathering, which was just awesome for me because I am not a huge fan of leveling alts right after having leveled my main.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]