Auction House in Shrine of 7 Stars/2Moons

(Locked)

100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/29/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Brennvin

It might be true that it was the same in Wotlk but doesn't mean it was a good idea. Also, The portal to Pandaria is only in SW meaning that other cities aren't much of an option.

If you really want to spread the population out then make a portal to Pandaria in all major cities.

For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

Totally agreed. It takes very little time to get from Honeydew to Two Moons once a player can fly. Heck, Two Moons doesn't take that long to fly to from anywhere in Pandaria. Sure my engineer alt has it easy, but my other alts certainly don't have it bad.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/29/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Wrathofhell
Want to know the easiest way to use the AH in Pandaria?

Be an engineer?
100 Orc Monk
Come on Blizz, if you refuse to put an AH in Pandaria, at the very least put portals to and from Pandaria in all the capitals, not just damned Org/SW
90 Troll Shaman
Personally I'm so glad we have the Wotlk set-up back with Pandaria, it gives me an excuse to use Undercity again and also allows me to never go back to that filthy slum that is Org.
86 Blood Elf Hunter
Personally, I think its lame that only Engineers get an AH. Why not make it usable for everyone? Why make an exception for one profession?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/29/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Swervê
Please put an auction house in Shrine of the Seven Starts/ 2 Moons. I desperately need one so I don't have to port back to SW every 5 seconds.

See this is an excellent suggestion and one I agree with. :) I don't go back to Org every 5 seconds, but still I would love to see an AH In the Shrine of Two Moons.
90 Tauren Druid
10/29/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Bakudanya
People saying, "Just park an alt"--what's the point of the whole system then? If it's as simple as parking an alt and using insta-mail, why not cut out the weird middle-man all together?

Exactly. I was just telling my guild via the mobile app(which is in fact completely free now), that I might never log onto my AH mule ever again.
10/29/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Brennvin
It was the same with Wrath of the Lich King and Dalaran (including an Auction House for Engineers). Keeping them in the main cities for most players helps spread out the population but also keeps them relevant. Personally, I don't mind traveling back there when I need to make a purchase. I just plan ahead when I know what I'll be looking for or when creating new auctions myself.

How is that spreading out the population if no one is in Shrine of the two moons and all in Orgrimmar? I'd rather sit in org because that shrine place is just BAD, but I don't get the logic.
We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house.

Those few minutes go to Blizzards pocket books, THAT'S why its being left the way it is...
10/30/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Brodo
It was the same with Wrath of the Lich King and Dalaran (including an Auction House for Engineers). Keeping them in the main cities for most players helps spread out the population but also keeps them relevant. Personally, I don't mind traveling back there when I need to make a purchase. I just plan ahead when I know what I'll be looking for or when creating new auctions myself.

How is that spreading out the population if no one is in Shrine of the two moons and all in Orgrimmar? I'd rather sit in org because that shrine place is just BAD, but I don't get the logic.

Simple... Not everyone sits in Org. The Alliance weirdos sit in Stormwind. They are spreading us out into TWO whole zones this way.
100 Human Priest
[quote].If you really want to spread the population out then make a portal to Pandaria in all major cities.

For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.
I agree with the original OP on this one.

(1) Why waste game time using a portal to a capitol city when you're allegedly in a capitol city. This just adds to my frustration level. Moreover, it's not spreading out the population. They're all in crowded around the AH in Dalaran. It's busier now than it was pre MoP.

(2) Fix the anvil/forge in Dalaran because it is no longer usable to engineers and smiths. This is frustrating as I have to portal to yet another city to use those professions. Waste of game time.

(3) Increase the speed of the air taxis as we're spending far too much game time in the air twiddling our thumbs when we could be doing more of the incessant dailies. Shado-pan dailies - use an air taxi, grab a cup of coffee, eat breakfast, come back in time to land. August Celestials, hearth to Seven Vales, pick up daily in capitol, air taxi to hub - grab another cup of coffee, take a break, come back in time to land....

(4) Add portals from other capitols to Seven Vales. That'd spread out the populace. For those that have older computers, spreading out is often the only option.

(5) Sure I have all the cloak and the ring and the hearth. I use them all just to get around.
100 Troll Druid
10/29/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Swervê
Please put an auction house in Shrine of the Seven Starts/ 2 Moons. I desperately need one so I don't have to port back to SW every 5 seconds.

Do what everyone else does. Make an alt (or park a rarely used alt) in Orgrimmar/Stormwind. Give that alt lots of cash and when you want to buy/sell on the AH, use the mail to do it.

Mail item to alt --> Switch toons --> Sell item --> Switch toons

or

Switch toons --> Buy item --> Mail item to main --> Switch toons

It is annoying and stupid that they've done this, but it's no surprise. In a WoW where simply seeing people around is supposed to make the game more fun, the people lurking in the capitals need to see a bunch of level 1 AH alts standing there doing nothing.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

It might be true that it was the same in Wotlk but doesn't mean it was a good idea. Also, The portal to Pandaria is only in SW meaning that other cities aren't much of an option.

If you really want to spread the population out then make a portal to Pandaria in all major cities.

yet that's not what the playerbase wants? once agian you guy's just go look other way and ignore most same with the rep people didnt wanna haft to go back dailys a good chunk of this playerbase hates dailys we had enuff of that in Cata/Wrath/BC we had Tabards to also help which got removed. now you want everyone to Explore/spread out i hate to burst Blizards bubbles but most still & will stick to Just Citys no one explores panda land.maybe the 1%
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/30/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Dimclaw

Do what everyone else does. Make an alt (or park a rarely used alt) in Orgrimmar/Stormwind. Give that alt lots of cash and when you want to buy/sell on the AH, use the mail to do it.

Mail item to alt --> Switch toons --> Sell item --> Switch toons

or

Switch toons --> Buy item --> Mail item to main --> Switch toons

It is annoying and stupid that they've done this, but it's no surprise. In a WoW where simply seeing people around is supposed to make the game more fun, the people lurking in the capitals need to see a bunch of level 1 AH alts standing there doing nothing.

kinda all i see since mop in cata/wrath everyone used the citys now its hop on alts to buy everything lol.
100 Night Elf Druid

To Blizzard and Brennvin:

Rule #1 when dealing with Customers....The customer is always right.
RUle #2 when the Customer IS wrong...Refer to rule number 1.

The customers pay your salary, the electricity bills, the insurance, the employee benefits, the mortages, the advertising costs, development fees, etc etc....seeing that there are SO many "customers" asking for this one thing (a AH in Shrine and its horde equivalent) would it really be so difficult to just say "Ok, we may not totally agree with it but we'll acquiesce and bow to the wishes of our clientelle on this matter." ?
90 Draenei Mage
Blizzard has almost no reason to have you log in more than once a month. Really not even that. If you want to pay them for the month and never log in then its no sweat off their back. What they have an interest is you feel their is a reason to log back in at all and to have your characters visible to other characters to let you know the game is alive and prospering so you won't quit. Their only real interest is the vast majority of players don't quit. That would hurt them.

While I agree it would be cool if they added ports to other cities through a different system like a gnome machine that lets you port star treck style to the city of your choice but only from a city.

Any arguments this is made to keep players playing longer everyday is silly and just plain wrong.
90 Draenei Mage

To Blizzard and Brennvin:

Rule #1 when dealing with Customers....The customer is always right.
RUle #2 when the Customer IS wrong...Refer to rule number 1.

The customers pay your salary, the electricity bills, the insurance, the employee benefits, the mortages, the advertising costs, development fees, etc etc....seeing that there are SO many "customers" asking for this one thing (a AH in Shrine and its horde equivalent) would it really be so difficult to just say "Ok, we may not totally agree with it but we'll acquiesce and bow to the wishes of our clientelle on this matter." ?

Here is an example of the flaw of this logic. "I want this piece of bubblegum delivered to my house." "I am sorry we don't deliver to people's house" "But I am the customer so you will do it." So a connivence store should deliver bubble gum to your house.

Logistically unsound things are unsound. If having most people in one spot is logistically unsound a few people complaining about it doesn't mean its a good idea.

Now what I wish is they would apply the AH mentality to Halfhill Market that place is a lag fest for me. Nice you made our houses err. Farm instanced but 10 seconds outside is the whole world lagging me up.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would just love to be able to fly in Silvermoon/Exodar =) Keep everything else the way it is but please change this! Our guild currently hangs in UC, but would totally relocate back to the red elven halls.
90 Night Elf Druid
Plan ahead, its as easy as that, or have a bank alt who you mail things to for auction or sale at the end of the day like everyone else. The point of not having it there is so that stormwind doesnt become a ghost town. Despite popular belief this is not the last xpac, Blizz just hired several big name designers to work on the next one, so keeping SW relevant is a good thing.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]