Auction House in Shrine of 7 Stars/2Moons

(Locked)

90 Troll Shaman
Ovan
90 Orc Hunter
Soylent Green is People

Slight derail but, I find it more annoying that there is not a bridge of some sort connecting the two upper platforms.

I have my hearth set to the inn keeper on the upper platform (portal side). If I want to put something in my bank I have to jump down and run up rather than simply walk across. Then the reforge is back on the other

I use lower level innkeeper on portal side. Ghost wolf + sprint gets me to portals quickly enough.
For bank, I run outside, mount up, and fly though top of main doorway, and can almost always can make it to the upper deck on the left side before my mount despawns. Often, I can make it all the way to the bank room.
90 Troll Druid
10/29/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Brennvin
helps spread out the population

If this were the case, then why doesn't Undercity, Thunder Bluff, and Silvermoon City not have things like transmogging, justice/honor currency exhchange, ect. I've always been so annoyed with the fact that Blizzard essentially forces us to camp Orgrimmar. UC is one of the coolest places to hang out, but if you need to reforge, void storage or whatever, have to head back to Org.

I'd love to see an AH in the Pandaria Shrines.
90 Night Elf Warrior

For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

if this is true, like one poster has already mentioned. a portal to panda town should be in every major city. if you honestly believe that close to 90% of each servers population doesn't currently idle in SW or ORG if they aren't in one of the shrines, you are either very naive or in total denial. most people get why you wouldn't add an AH to panda town, but being able to visit your favorite city/part of the world, then you should probably actually do that thing instead of saying this is why and the implementation of it saying something completely different.
85 Human Priest
I just hope they plan the portals out for things like PvP. It should really take a few extra minutes from when you hear about someone in distress on a certain map until you can get to them. It adds to the game play and makes the rescue seem like a rescue. It also encourages WorldPvP. I can remember when I played on a PvP server a few expansions ago where I was in a guild that patrolled looking for gankers. It was very enjoyable and made me feel like a hero :)

With a little planning the size of the game world increases dramatically and makes for richer game imho. We have a kneejerk reaction on the internet to wanting everything to be instant but there is definitely something to be said for delayed gratification.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/31/2012 06:57 AMPosted by Léaflock

If this were the case, then why doesn't Undercity, Thunder Bluff, and Silvermoon City not have things like transmogging, justice/honor currency exhchange, ect. I've always been so annoyed with the fact that Blizzard essentially forces us to camp Orgrimmar. UC is one of the coolest places to hang out, but if you need to reforge, void storage or whatever, have to head back to Org.

This. I love Silvermoon City but it has none of the stuff I need at max level. Doesn't even have a barber!
90 Night Elf Monk
We listened to this same, extremely tired and outdated excuse during BC. Atleast Shattrah was a real city.

We listened to the same, extremely tired and outdated excuse during WOTLK. Atleast Dalaran was a real city.

You forced us in SW for an entire expansion in Cataclysm. Do you not get that after 7 years we want new major cities? Do you not realize that we were tired of it before Cataclysm and we put up with it and reluctantly accepted it for the whole last expansion.

Give us a real full city, not a big tavern you call a city. Put all the necessities in it.

Edit: I get that you want to emphasize the struggle between Alliance and horde. You made the choice to have two separate cities for them. Now actualy put in the time and effort to build them. If you made the choice to go the route that takes more development time, too bad. Develop the actual cities instead of giving us some half hearted big inn.

MoP so far has been a good expansion but the greatest disappointment by far is Shrine of the Seven Stars.
Edited by Wrongfu on 10/31/2012 10:21 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/31/2012 06:57 AMPosted by Léaflock

Thank you for pointing out Blizzard's BS so I didn't have to.
90 Worgen Druid
We have one:

Its called like one of the only Engineer perks.

99% of the stuff Engineers make can only be used by engineers so the whole profession is a perk.
90 Night Elf Druid
TL:DR

Fixing the WoW engine to support a larger number of entities would cost time and money on a IP our shareholders consider to be dead.

We are just going to spread the dirt evenly across the floor rather than cleaning up our mess.

If you thought Diablo 3 was a failure, just wait until you see Titan.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
"There are only two cities that are fully functional because we don't want everybody crowded in the same spot."

This smells of ulterior motives. I'd like to think better of their intelligence.
85 Worgen Death Knight
I'm just glad there are portals to multiple cities again... I can hearth to Pandaria, but go use the AH in Ironforge.
90 Orc Hunter
Potion of Deepholm-no cd, hearth set to 2moon-15min cd, wrap of unity-4hr cd, cloak of coordination-2hr cd, dalaran ring-30min cd, Hellscream Tabard-4hr cd. There are various methods to get to a hub for ah and other city options. As far as every 5 sec's is concerned however got nothing for ya
90 Human Warrior
Damn it feels good to be an engineer.
90 Draenei Mage
No its best to me a mage. Mage + Hearthstone means I can go where I want when I want how I want in a much quicker fashion.
10 Night Elf Hunter
10/29/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Swervê
Please put an auction house in Shrine of the Seven Starts/ 2 Moons. I desperately need one so I don't have to port back to SW every 5 seconds.
There is one, it's for engineers though.
Solution:
Make your toon an engineer
Roll a bank alt and send your gold and money to them
Stop using the mailbox in shrine to retrieve purchases/unsold auctions you made in SW and cut down on needing to go back to SW every 5 seconds to list items
90 Dwarf Shaman
10/29/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Swervê
Please put an auction house in Shrine of the Seven Starts/ 2 Moons. I desperately need one so I don't have to port back to SW every 5 seconds.

I just have my mages hearthstone set to halfhill (where all my toons are parked), and if I need to hit up the ah I send my mage to do it and post auctions or w/e, then just hearth him back.
90 Tauren Druid
After reading about half the posts, they all started to sound about the same.

In all seriousness, if you want the population spread out, why do a lot of the non-multiple city portals eventually lead back to SW/ORG?

MOP Honeydew portals: Pandaria to/from SW/ORG
Dalaran portal: Dalaran to SW/ORG
Blasted Lands/Dark Gate portals: Major cities to Blasted Lands, Dark Gate to SW/ORG
Darkmoon: Darkmoon to/from outside SW
Cataclysm portals: Wherever to/from ORG, with the exception of from Uldum and Therrazine portals

One exception is the Horde Darkmoon portal to/from TB, and traffic does pick up in TB when Darkmoon is around. World events that send people to other major cities also seems to encourage travel and spread out the population.

Portal hopping does get really annoying and it really doesn't do anything to get me "out and about" since I repeatedly use the same paths. For example, I will often travel through the Blasted Land/Dark Gate portals to get back to ORG, but I don't ever stop there. I kept my Kirin Tor ring, so CDs aren't really an issue for me, but it is a bit of an inconvenience to have to lose a bag slot to it and to occasionally forget to re-equip my geared ring. It does detract from the game.

Blizz: People have their favorite cities, maybe because they like the theme, the layout, or other random reasons. When people all get shunted back to the same cities (SW/ORG) all the time, they get used to it and forget those reasons. If you want people to be out and about more and spread out, do some traffic pattern analysis on your servers for where people go during what times and figure out why. Try out having more portals or shift the portals back to other major cities on your beta servers and see what people do. Try putting portals to all the cities to each other, and then give each city unique characteristics that would draw different interests. Or let mages put up portals that anyone in that faction can use, and that stay up for longer periods of time. Maybe different PVP or pet battle mini arenas with rewards unique to those cities or other incentives, including rotating the location of the Darkmoon portal to other cities, and more world event quests/tasks that send you to different cities, might help.

EDIT: Ha! I didn't even realize you can't reforge or transmog other than in Two Moons, Seven Stars, ORG, or SW. Goes to show how much we are shunted back to SW/ORG.
Edited by Loranta on 12/5/2012 6:49 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
10/29/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Brennvin
It was the same with Wrath of the Lich King and Dalaran (including an Auction House for Engineers). Keeping them in the main cities for most players helps spread out the population but also keeps them relevant. Personally, I don't mind traveling back there when I need to make a purchase. I just plan ahead when I know what I'll be looking for or when creating new auctions myself.

Problem with this is during a raid. Say you get an upgrade and you want to go get it. You should be able to hearth to the new city, buy gems/enchants so you can get back to the raid.

The way it is now basically means I don't get my new gear until AFTER the raid ends. Because it takes way too much time.
Auction houses in the race capital cities keep those places appropriately populated and feeling "alive." It's a good design. Players whining about the inconvenience are spoiled children.
Edited by Mork on 12/5/2012 6:21 AM PST
90 Night Elf Hunter
The Shrine is already so lagtacular I refuse to set it as my hearth; it's like watching a slideshow (and I have a *good* PC--a quad core 2.8GhZ CPU, an NVIDA 460 GTX GPU and 4 gigs of RAM).

Also: WTB portal in Darnassus to Pandaria :( I like to park my elf in his capital.
Edited by Cylarana on 12/5/2012 6:32 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]