Auction House in Shrine of 7 Stars/2Moons

(Locked)

100 Tauren Druid
Auction houses in SW/ORG might stay "alive" but in other major cities, they are dead on my server. The one token auctioneer in Dalaran doesn't get a ton of use either from what I've seen.

There has to be better ways to encourage people to spread out then using auction houses as carrots. UC used to be a busy place, as busy as ORG was in those days, before all the portals into ORG appeared.

If it was about instant gratification, all mages would be mad rich because people would be buying portals all of the time. Last I checked, mages on my server don't seem to have that kind demand.
Auction houses in SW/ORG might stay "alive" but in other major cities, they are dead on my server. The one token auctioneer in Dalaran doesn't get a ton of use either from what I've seen.

People have gotten used to going to those two major cities (and may even have their hearths set there instead of the Shrines). But I always go to Ironforge for my auctioning needs. I've always liked it more than SW, more compact and sensible layout combined with it being the first "home" city in the game (AH was originally in IF only).
Edited by Mork on 12/5/2012 6:42 AM PST
90 Human Priest

It might be true that it was the same in Wotlk but doesn't mean it was a good idea. Also, The portal to Pandaria is only in SW meaning that other cities aren't much of an option.

If you really want to spread the population out then make a portal to Pandaria in all major cities.

For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

No, the best method to avoid overcrowding and disperse the population is allow us to access the auction house from anywhere in the world. This also pleases the players who want the most accessibility as quickly as possible. Win-win.

Either you REALLY want to 'disperse the population' or you don't. Can't have it both ways. =D
Edited by Thortok on 12/5/2012 6:40 AM PST
90 Undead Priest
Ahahahahaha I had no idea this was for engineers only. I've been wondering why more people weren't using it. Wow, that's terrible for all of you.
Edited by Anderine on 12/5/2012 6:48 AM PST
90 Gnome Rogue
10/29/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Swervê
Please put an auction house in Shrine of the Seven Starts/ 2 Moons. I desperately need one so I don't have to port back to SW every 5 seconds.

Why would you need to visit the auction house every 5 seconds? Your hearth has a 15 minute cool down? That really isn't enough for you?
90 Gnome Rogue
10/29/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Brennvin
It was the same with Wrath of the Lich King and Dalaran (including an Auction House for Engineers). Keeping them in the main cities for most players helps spread out the population but also keeps them relevant. Personally, I don't mind traveling back there when I need to make a purchase. I just plan ahead when I know what I'll be looking for or when creating new auctions myself.

If only there was a reason for us to visit Iron Forge, Exodar or Darnassus nowadays...
100 Goblin Shaman
OP, hearth has a 15 minute cooldown. I don't have an issue with this on my warrior, who is not an engineer. You simply need to make your trips worth it...even if you forget something, 15 mins to get back to two moons isn't a ton of time. Heck, take the port to pandaria and fly if you're that concerned.

10/29/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Brennvin

It might be true that it was the same in Wotlk but doesn't mean it was a good idea. Also, The portal to Pandaria is only in SW meaning that other cities aren't much of an option.

If you really want to spread the population out then make a portal to Pandaria in all major cities.

For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

Alright, fair enough. You're only thinking about high pop realms, but I suppose that's the best route...still, on my realm, 2 moons is usually barren of anyone. Usually 4-12 people or so.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
10/29/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Brennvin

So basically you're saying that your opinion is more valid than the opinion of paying customers? When is blizz going to realize that it is the player base who pays them so that they can pay their employees?
100 Goblin Shaman
12/05/2012 07:54 AMPosted by Odidodie

So basically you're saying that your opinion is more valid than the opinion of paying customers? When is blizz going to realize that it is the player base who pays them so that they can pay their employees?

So you're saying your opinion is more valid than a non-paying customer?!
There is one but it's only usable for Engineers.
There's no profession level requirement to use it though so I picked up Engineering on my bank alt and parked her there. :P

Thank you for solving my blond moment.
100 Draenei Death Knight
Lol I'm making a lot of my alts engineers to avoid this problem, especially some of my horde alts, that I thought I could go to Silvermoon, as Silvermoon is a nice quiet city on most servers, but there is a lag bug in the spire at the moment.
90 Blood Elf Warrior

So you're saying your opinion is more valid than a non-paying customer?!

As far I know, there aren't any players playing for free other than starter one month trials. So yes, I believe someone who is playing with a trial account shouldn't have an opinion. I don't even think they can post on the forums.
Edited by Odidodie on 12/5/2012 9:37 AM PST
100 Dwarf Hunter
Ummm...

Shat and Dal were neutral cities...horde and alliance are split in MoP.

Also, not sure about Sw, but aren't the others CRZs? So there population is low which gets boost across servers?

Finally, if you trully cared about spreading out the population, add a portal back to pandria in every alliance/horde city.

P.S. If you do listen to the OP i better get another perk as a ENGI!
95 Gnome Warlock
Actually there probably was a plan to have an auction house in the shrine. If you look at the banker npcs on the second floor, they are on both sides of the hall and are way too many. Pretty sure the ones on the podiums on the right hand side were originally meant to be auctioneers, but some genius at Blizzard changed that.

What is the benefit of trying to spread us around again?
By spreading around as I understand you mean forcing us to port to a different city?
Edited by Teleric on 12/5/2012 9:45 AM PST
100 Human Priest

They probably already realize that. I'm pretty sure they know where the money is coming from.

If you actually mean, "When is Blizzard going to realize that they better always do what the vocal minority wants just because we give them money?"....probably never.
90 Pandaren Rogue
What's the problem? Park an alt in SW/Org and mail them what you want to sell. My 90s never leave the tillers quest hub.
100 Dwarf Hunter
12/05/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Teleric
Actually there probably was a plan to have an auction house in the shrine. If you look at the banker npcs on the second floor, they are on both sides of the hall and are way too many.

Actually in the beta the portal room of the Shrine was were the Auction NPC were at......they decided to take them out and put in the portals to all major cities instead.
90 Draenei Shaman

Many people (i dont want to use most since i dont know how much) just send everythign to a bank alt and sell with it, having to log on and off.

That's the consequence of not having an AH in Seven Starts/Two Moon.

I dont think the use of Bank/AH alts is compelling gameplay.

I think the core problem here is that you want to send people into places by forcing them into it, instead of making them WANT to go to those places.

And as the quoted person says, current design just make Allt he capitals that are not SW/Org completely irrelevant.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]