Auction House in Shrine of 7 Stars/2Moons

(Locked)

90 Troll Shaman
astral recall ftw

suck it haters
Edited by Trollinthndr on 10/29/2012 4:15 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
10/29/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Quintzaker
I want to see things like, a portal to/from Darnassus/Thunder bluff to/from Krasarang Wilds...

Never did understand why those wernt open up as actual portals to those cities after the quests
90 Human Warrior
But as is if you hearth to shrine to save time youre either stuck in Org for 15 min, or flying across the continent. Why not add a port from Org to Shrine or do you prefer players have to fly for 5 min to do anyting?

wasting your time and "getting you out of the cities" is something they have been claiming ppl want. and guards having no hp and doing no damage and just not existing in most places blah blah blah world pvp nonsense nobody cares about etc. all these "changes for the better" have done is inconvenience most people and entertain the 12 yr olds who travel around w/ their full group of 90s to camp lowbies.

on my realm theres a 40 boxing bot dude camping the pvp vendors 12 hrs a day but according to blizzard he can control all those chars manually and isnt exploiting so its making the realm more exciting and fun. so basically you fly out of your way to go buy some gear and just leave again cause getting 4 raids together to kill 1 person isnt going to happen.

baby steps .. backwards
10/29/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Brennvin
It was the same with Wrath of the Lich King and Dalaran (including an Auction House for Engineers). Keeping them in the main cities for most players helps spread out the population but also keeps them relevant. Personally, I don't mind traveling back there when I need to make a purchase. I just plan ahead when I know what I'll be looking for or when creating new auctions myself.

Considering the fact that there is a Stormwind portal in S7S, and a portal to Pandaria, there is no real reason to have an AH.

I set my hearthstone for S7S and port to Stormwind from there. Pretty simple.
100 Tauren Druid
I can't imagine doing auction stuff on my main. I've been doing everything through a bank alt since Vanilla.

Easier to separate stuff for selling and keeping, easier to organize, capable of having a guild bank to hold all the rest of my stuff... almost like a central filing bureau where I can just send everything I have, then organize and resend relevant things to profession appropriate alts whenever I have free auction/banking time.

I even temporarily tried keeping my cooking stuff on my main while working on Tillers and all of the cooking Ways, only to realize that there wasn't a bank in Halfhill, but there is a mailbox. And mail between characters is instant.

I guess I just can't imagine the idea that people have space in their bank and bags on their main for things that aren't ten sets of gear and twenty extra transmog sets. Weirdos.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Technically you have an auction house anywhere. Just log out real fast, jump online, sell stuff in your backpacks or buy what you need, log back in. Need to wait a few seconds upon logging out and logging in but its convenient if you hate the traveling especially now that the online auction house is free.

Or use the mobile auction house as another person said. I prefer the website though if you are already on a computer anyways.
Edited by Taliira on 10/29/2012 4:33 PM PDT
24 Blood Elf Warlock
It was the same with Wrath of the Lich King and Dalaran (including an Auction House for Engineers). Keeping them in the main cities for most players helps spread out the population but also keeps them relevant. Personally, I don't mind traveling back there when I need to make a purchase. I just plan ahead when I know what I'll be looking for or when creating new auctions myself.

I think it is awkward when your defense is simply we want people to spread out so we make it so they have to. People have, do, and will hang out wherever they wish to in game. Why as developers, then, do you decide to force otherwise. NO ONE appreciates having to fly around for ages to go buy something (ie repetitive/meaningless process). You are (knowingly?) forcing your player base to do something they do not wish to do. Do you feel like you have the ability to do this because 'who will quit over having to run around for no reason?'

I also think that having one for engineers is an awkward perk. Ghostcrawler (on his twitter) claimed something like if he remade WoW there would not be racials that players should pick a race for lore reasons. HOW THEN does the philosophy that one primary profession gets a convenient auction house? There is no equivalent comparison to this in any other profession. I honestly feel like this is one of those times where developers say one thing and do another.
A guildie was telling me that Cloak of Coordination and Wrap of Unity(I'm wearing WoU), do *not* share cooldowns, so you have two ways to get to Orgrimmar/Stormwind, and hearthstone to get you back to your Shrine.

Also, what's wrong with parking an AH mule in Orgimmar/Stormwind in the first place, and just using the mailbox?

There are at least 3 guild cloaks - 8 hour, 4 hour, 2 hour separate cooldowns. There's also the Deepholm Potion which is instant and a few steps from a portal to Org/SW (for your lowbie farmhand alts stuck at Halfhill).

If you can fly, you can use the portal then zip over to the Shrine if your 15 min hearthstone is down. Or taxi to where you were.

OP, if you have to go to the AH every 5 seconds, you're doing it wrong. You may need more thought and planning in your life and less kitten brain reflexes.
100 Human Paladin

It also causes the problem Blizzard is trying to fix. Too many players in Stormwind.
100 Human Warlock
I would rather see neutral auction houses come back into play if we are bringing up auction houses.

I would love to see Dalaran and Shattrath both have neutral auction houses that connect to the rest of them in Azeroth. I picked those 2 cites because both horde/alliance share them.

Now that goblins are now in the game the fees should be the same. This way if something isn't sold on alliance people can check horde side.

Plus people will have reasons to go Dalaran and Shattrath if they made this change. Now I agree both alliance/horde should have their own AH in MOP but not right now. Maybe by the time the next expansion comes out because both new cities will be laggy for a lot of players.
Edited by Quinnmalory on 10/29/2012 4:38 PM PDT
90 Undead Mage

shrine is just a hearthstone for my alts so i can port wherever i want. the majority of my time is spent afk in orgrimmar still.
90 Night Elf Priest
Blizz: Hey guys we don't want you standing in SW/ORG all day. Instead we want you out and about in Pandaria enjoying the new continent!

Players: Hey blizz can you add a AH to the new city so we don't have to constantly port back to SW/ORG to visit the AH?

Blizz: No, go back to SW/ORG.

LOL!

So true.
90 Draenei Paladin
10/29/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Kakkarotftw
I don't mind traveling back there when I need to make a purchase

You have too much time on your hands. If the valor/honor vendors weren't so completely inconveniently located, especially in relation to the only port to pandaria, it wouldnt be as bad. But as is if you hearth to shrine to save time youre either stuck in Org for 15 min, or flying across the continent. Why not add a port from Org to Shrine or do you prefer players have to fly for 5 min to do anyting?

Complaining about 5min? Really?
90 Troll Shaman

There are at least 3 guild cloaks - 8 hour, 4 hour, 2 hour separate cooldowns. There's also the Deepholm Potion which is instant and a few steps from a portal to Org/SW (for your lowbie farmhand alts stuck at Halfhill).

If you can fly, you can use the portal then zip over to the Shrine if your 15 min hearthstone is down. Or taxi to where you were.

OP, if you have to go to the AH every 5 seconds, you're doing it wrong. You may need more thought and planning in your life and less kitten brain reflexes.

You forgot the Tol Barad Tabard.

Been wearing that for months... no plans to change tabards until I decide to grind the Huojin pandaren rep..
90 Draenei Priest
I think it's inconvenient but not nearly as bad as the deal with Dalaran back in the day. I mean, even if you're not using Wrap of Unity/Hearthstone/Teleports/Portals/whatever, the flight from Paw'don to Seven Stars is almost no time at all. It gives engineering a little perk, so it's probably fine.

I do think that any gameplay that is encouraging people to use mule alts is probably less than ideal, so mailing to your alt for auctioning/purchasing purposes is sort of meh.
90 Worgen Warrior
I've been using the engineering one and didn't even realize there wasn't another one there for everyone else. That sucks having to go back and forth but it really doesn't take that long.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]