Auction House in Shrine of 7 Stars/2Moons

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
This is the QQ that never ends...

jesus
90 Draenei Death Knight
It is only for engineers? i thought it was for all. But i am engineer so it really doesnt matter to me at all
- Hearthstone
90 Tauren Paladin
Step 1. Portal to Org
Step 2. Auction House YARDS from that spot
Step 3. Hearth back to Shrine

If you need to use the Auction House more often than 15 minutes, just stay in Org.
90 Human Paladin
10/29/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Brennvin
It was the same with Wrath of the Lich King and Dalaran (including an Auction House for Engineers). Keeping them in the main cities for most players helps spread out the population but also keeps them relevant. Personally, I don't mind traveling back there when I need to make a purchase. I just plan ahead when I know what I'll be looking for or when creating new auctions myself.

It might be true that it was the same in Wotlk but doesn't mean it was a good idea. Also, The portal to Pandaria is only in SW meaning that other cities aren't much of an option.

If you really want to spread the population out then make a portal to Pandaria in all major cities.
90 Night Elf Druid
It was the same with Wrath of the Lich King and Dalaran (including an Auction House for Engineers). Keeping them in the main cities for most players helps spread out the population but also keeps them relevant. Personally, I don't mind traveling back there when I need to make a purchase. I just plan ahead when I know what I'll be looking for or when creating new auctions myself.

NO. All it does is force us to hearth around and/or mail stuff to our alts who are parked in another city that has an Auction House. The system in place for WoTLK sucked and it sucks now. Why is this hard to understand?
90 Draenei Paladin
People are just lazy that's all.
85 Night Elf Rogue
Make friends with an Engineer who just sits around the Shrine...
I like it like this, I now have a reason to back to undercity, which is my favorite of all cities to go to.
90 Tauren Death Knight

I have been here since wrath you create a huge crowd and lag for people without really nice computers by just putting everything in one place. I think the big question is why put every single thing the main city has except an auction house. It's like the new Dalaran with all those portals and banks and trainers and target dummies. Do you get what I mean?
Edited by Mælstromedos on 10/29/2012 5:36 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
I have engineering but I still think the "engineers only" auction houses are stupid... In WotLK it felt like a lame attempt to make up for the lack of anything new for the profession for the whole xpac while everyone else gets a bunch of new recipes every patch...
And from the looks of it, its happening again- even on the PTR right now, they've added a ton of new robot mini-pets that would be perfect as engineering recipes, but instead they just put them out in the middle of nowhere.
90 Human Hunter
ENGINEERS FTW (Even though I am a 335 neer and will prolly never bother to increase it...)
90 Tauren Death Knight

I have been here since wrath you create a huge crowd and lag for people without really nice computers by just putting everything in one place. I think the big question is why put every single thing the main city has except an auction house. It's like the new Dalaran with all those portals and banks and trainers and target dummies. Do you get what I mean?

And on top of this there is now a ah in Dalaran we are just predicting the same will happen in the order of things. Why not make things more easy on your customers? Kinda stream line everything with the ah.
Edited by Mælstromedos on 10/29/2012 5:39 PM PDT

There are at least 3 guild cloaks - 8 hour, 4 hour, 2 hour separate cooldowns. There's also the Deepholm Potion which is instant and a few steps from a portal to Org/SW (for your lowbie farmhand alts stuck at Halfhill).

If you can fly, you can use the portal then zip over to the Shrine if your 15 min hearthstone is down. Or taxi to where you were.

OP, if you have to go to the AH every 5 seconds, you're doing it wrong. You may need more thought and planning in your life and less kitten brain reflexes.

You forgot the Tol Barad Tabard.

And certain classes have quicker hearthstones or actually is a mage, other places to port to (druid) and scribes have their own extra hearth. AT tabard works nicely also and two rings from Dalaran. So many ways to move around in the world built into the game!
Community Manager
10/29/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Nyc

It might be true that it was the same in Wotlk but doesn't mean it was a good idea. Also, The portal to Pandaria is only in SW meaning that other cities aren't much of an option.

If you really want to spread the population out then make a portal to Pandaria in all major cities.

For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.
90 Human Warrior
10/29/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Sealan
t's fine by Blizzard because they're getting paid for those 40 accounts, otherwise, it wouldn't be allowed

im well aware of why they dont do anything about it. just like farming bots. but atleast farming bots they pretend to do things like sweeping bans every 15 months. multiboxers they just sit there and lie to you and tell you they cant prove they are using outside programs to control 40 chars.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Sell ethereal robot AH pets on the Blizzard store. Access the AH from anywhere. Or... a 'treasure goblin' from Diablo 3.

People will hate that traveling to AH locations takes x number of minutes, or that there should be 1 here or there, or that the new AH lags that area obscenely for players with lower end computers.

There are many arguments. Adding an AH everywhere is the solution ;)
Edited by Opheron on 10/29/2012 5:47 PM PDT
90 Tauren Death Knight
10/29/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Brennvin

For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

Oh now I get what you are going on about. Yeah I understand. If they add an ah to this zone then it will cause stability issues which is why they spread them out 2 in org 4 in uc I think and 1 in thunder bluff.
90 Draenei Paladin

Then why are all the portals to anywhere in SW/Org? Any other Horde/Alliance city is dead.
Edited by Landfoo on 10/29/2012 5:48 PM PDT
90 Tauren Death Knight
Thanks for enlightening us on that !
90 Blood Elf Warlock
but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

thank you for stating this. I've heard about the lag in Dalaran. I can only imagine what that was like in WoTLK . Yet, I didn't play in WoTLK.

It wasn't very nice in Shattrath in TBC.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]