Auction House in Shrine of 7 Stars/2Moons

(Locked)

10/29/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Kakkarotftw
I don't mind traveling back there when I need to make a purchase

You have too much time on your hands. If the valor/honor vendors weren't so completely inconveniently located, especially in relation to the only port to pandaria, it wouldnt be as bad. But as is if you hearth to shrine to save time youre either stuck in Org for 15 min, or flying across the continent. Why not add a port from Org to Shrine or do you prefer players have to fly for 5 min to do anyting?

Hearths used to have a two hour cd, be happy it's only fifteen minutes now. People in this game have gotten so spoiled.
90 Pandaren Monk
10/29/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Landfoo
Then why are all the portals to anywhere in SW/Org? Any other Horde/Alliance city is dead.

The only relevant portal to anywhere only leads to the 85 starter area in Jade Forest. There's really no reason to AH in SW/Org if you don't want to. I regularly go to Darnassus for the drive-thru AH.
Edited by Popotan on 10/29/2012 6:00 PM PDT
90 Tauren Warrior
Want to know the easiest way to use the AH in Pandaria?

Stay logged into WoW's website and exit the game for a minute, purchase what you need to from the AH website's interface, then log back in.

WAY easier and faster than porting back and forth every 10 seconds.
90 Troll Hunter
10/29/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Brennvin
Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

I'm fine with the way it is.

If dispersion was/is the goal, I think adding Panda Portal Peeps (PPP) in the other capital cities would be awesome. I, personally, would love to use Thunder Bluff as my home city. I just like that place. The "new" Orig is a billion times better, but I still like TB more. But too many things are concentrated in Org. Perhaps that could be a nice mini-development focus? Making the other capitol cities usable. I don't want a redesign a la Org (and Org was really bad before) but just making sure stuff is as accessible.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

And to make sure nobody accidentally think that any races other than the Orcs and the Humans actually matter in terms of the Horde vs. the Alliance... if nobody has a practical reason to go to any other racial capital, that's a pretty strong statement about the overall value of those capitals, and by extension those races. "If you want to be sentimental, go to your racial capital. If want to actually do something or matter, go to SW/Org."
90 Orc Hunter
Slight derail but, I find it more annoying that there is not a bridge of some sort connecting the two upper platforms.

I have my hearth set to the inn keeper on the upper platform (portal side). If I want to put something in my bank I have to jump down and run up rather than simply walk across. Then the reforge is back on the other side and yada yada yada, a bridge going across would help. It is also annoying that the run speed buff you get is only on entry or within range rather than for the area.

I would also like to be able to log out on the outer terrace without a 20 second timer popping up.
90 Night Elf Druid

Oh now I get what you are going on about. Yeah I understand. If they add an ah to this zone then it will cause stability issues which is why they spread them out 2 in org 4 in uc I think and 1 in thunder bluff.

Yes, because Dalaran didn't lag to !@#$ WITHOUT an Auction House there.
90 Blood Elf Priest

It might be true that it was the same in Wotlk but doesn't mean it was a good idea. Also, The portal to Pandaria is only in SW meaning that other cities aren't much of an option.

If you really want to spread the population out then make a portal to Pandaria in all major cities.

For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

You talk about using the auction house as a means of dispersing the population to avoid overcrowding, so why are there not portals to Pandaria from Silvermoon, Undercity, etc.? The system that exists right now isn't spreading it, it's just splitting it. I can choose the Shrine and no AH, or Orgrimmar for the AH, and for its convenient portal back to Pandaria. If I wanted to park myself in Silvermoon though, I'd have to port to Undercity, ride the zeppelin to Orgrimmar, to then finally take a portal to Pandaria; all to repeat the process again each time I want to go back to Silvermoon.

If you want to "spread" the population, then actually spread it; otherwise stop using it as an excuse.
91 Night Elf Mage
No, no, no!

It's already painful to go to there during prime time. Putting an auction house will make it unbearable!~ >_<
90 Draenei Shaman
10/29/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Doubtfuls
But as is if you hearth to shrine to save time youre either stuck in Org for 15 min, or flying across the continent. Why not add a port from Org to Shrine or do you prefer players have to fly for 5 min to do anyting?

wasting your time and "getting you out of the cities" is something they have been claiming ppl want. and guards having no hp and doing no damage and just not existing in most places blah blah blah world pvp nonsense nobody cares about etc. all these "changes for the better" have done is inconvenience most people and entertain the 12 yr olds who travel around w/ their full group of 90s to camp lowbies.

on my realm theres a 40 boxing bot dude camping the pvp vendors 12 hrs a day but according to blizzard he can control all those chars manually and isnt exploiting so its making the realm more exciting and fun. so basically you fly out of your way to go buy some gear and just leave again cause getting 4 raids together to kill 1 person isnt going to happen.

baby steps .. backwards

For the record, I personally find the 40 boxer on KJ to be a minor annoyance if anything. It takes 10 people to wipe him normally or a DK and me [DG out the door of the pvp vendor area and thunderstorm him over the wall] then pick the rest of his 39 toons off one by one because he lost control as the main is dead. If anything its an added element of PVP to buy PVP Gear.. ... interesting.

Basically he is garbage and is easily killed by a DK and a ele shaman/moonkin. If you dont have those just raid him people do it all day just to mess up his live stream and talk trash .. which is insanely funny BTW. He posts on his stream that it takes the whole alliance population on the server to kill him.. yeah, he dies to me and my DK guildie anytime we need to use the vendors.
Edited by Shambos on 10/29/2012 6:42 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin

It might be true that it was the same in Wotlk but doesn't mean it was a good idea. Also, The portal to Pandaria is only in SW meaning that other cities aren't much of an option.

If you really want to spread the population out then make a portal to Pandaria in all major cities.

Of course you believe that. You guys built the system. If you believed otherwise you would have built it differently. I personally think it is just another time sink added to the game to artificially inflate the time people are in game. Another example of having to slog through stuff we don't want to do to get to what we actually enjoy doing.
90 Draenei Hunter
I'm all for leaving the ah back on the mainland. I don't want the lag of having all those people on one shard. Time for people to make bank alts and use them.
Edited by Reactable on 10/29/2012 6:44 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk

So by wanting to "avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population", you have everyone crowd around the nearest AH in SW/Org instead of the nearest AH in SSS/S2M. See the point? Whatever goal you have set in mind is not being accomplished. All players are asking is that you relocate what's happening in SW/Org to SSS/S2M for convenience sake.

If you wanted to TRULY avoid overcrowding and disperse the population, you'd put multiple banks and AHs all across Pandaria. I'd suggest the following additional locations:

Jade Forest: Dawn's Blossom
Valley of the Four Winds: Halfhill
Kun-Lai Summit: One Keg
Edited by Wangfu on 10/29/2012 6:48 PM PDT
100 Undead Warlock
It's a time sync mechanism.. Blizzard won't relent.
90 Orc Warrior
10/29/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Dertbag
It's a time sync mechanism.. Blizzard won't relent.

Mobile Auction House. I do my auctions from work now. Muwahahahaha
90 Draenei Hunter
10/29/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Wangfu

So by wanting to "avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population", you have everyone crowd around the nearest AH in SW/Org instead of the nearest AH in SSS/S2M. See the point? Whatever goal you have set in mind is not being accomplished. All players are asking is that you relocate what's happening in SW/Org to SSS/S2M for convenience sake.

Shattrath ah is much better than Org or SW. Everything you need is much closer together like mailbox, auction broker and bank.
100 Tauren Druid
Keeping them in the main cities for most players helps spread out the population but also keeps them relevant.

O.o uuuh... in Dragonblight, the shrine of two moons is dead. Little population if any. Does blizzard know why? It sounds like your ruling out AHs as a problem.
90 Troll Shaman
10/29/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Reactable

Shattrath ah is much better than Org or SW. Everything you need is much closer together like mailbox, auction broker and bank.

Well, in Org, the AH, bank and mailbox are about as close in the Valley of Wisdom..
100 Night Elf Druid

You're not actually "dispersing the population" by sending us all back to SW and Org, you're just sending us to crowd up two other cities. If you want to actually disperse us, make it so that there are portals to Pandaria from all the faction capitals.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]