Auction House in Shrine of 7 Stars/2Moons

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Monk
10/29/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Brennvin

It might be true that it was the same in Wotlk but doesn't mean it was a good idea. Also, The portal to Pandaria is only in SW meaning that other cities aren't much of an option.

If you really want to spread the population out then make a portal to Pandaria in all major cities.

For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

This really makes no sense to me. Everyone gathers in Org as the main hub what does it matter where the main hub is if you're trying to herd everyone into a singular location. Even when you have AH in the other cities (TB, IF, SW, etc, etc) most if not everyone on that faction chooses to go to the same location. So it won't really matter where you put that AH, because the same people flocking in droves to the same location will still be going there. If people are lagging in Org its gonna lag in Vale or wherever else you put the AH.

The idea looks great on paper and you could likely write up 100 different reasons why it should work, but in reality it doesn't work that way. People all want a centralized location, sure there are a few that hang out in UC, TB and get their AH there but its a very small group. Everyone else is trying for the centralized location.
87 Draenei Warrior
10/29/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Landfoo
For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

Then why are all the portals to anywhere in SW/Org? Any other Horde/Alliance city is dead.
... go look in shrine again /facepalm

there are ALL THE PORTALS to ALL THE CITIES!! so have your hearth set to shrine and just hop into one of the many portals when you need the AH, hearth back (or have a toon camped in a main city) GG! go visit ironforge AH, they miss you (on my server pre cata... IF was the town to be in and SW was dead... now everywhere is dead except SW lol)
90 Human Rogue
Shoulda rolled an engineer! lol

Seriously though...it's one of the few perks of being an engi right now, please don't cave in Blizzard. And if you do, buff Engi while you're at it >.>

:(
90 Gnome Warlock
10/29/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Screamnshout

Then why are all the portals to anywhere in SW/Org? Any other Horde/Alliance city is dead.
... go look in shrine again /facepalm

there are ALL THE PORTALS to ALL THE CITIES!! so have your hearth set to shrine and just hop into one of the many portals when you need the AH, hearth back (or have a toon camped in a main city) GG! go visit ironforge AH, they miss you (on my server pre cata... IF was the town to be in and SW was dead... now everywhere is dead except SW lol)

I think he meant why are the portals to Pandaland are only in SW/Org. I do not get why Blizzard chooses to neglect the other cities. I for one miss IF but its lack of Reforgers/VS/Xmog and cata portals that make old world access a breeze kinda relegates it to obsolete status.
90 Tauren Warrior
A local ah would be cool but meh, not a big deal...mail stuff to alts, set hearth to Vale city, by a port cloak, a dal ring (crazy overpriced). Its a hassle but again, meh. Sad to see the lack of prof trainers though. But they'd probably lock both an AH and the trainers behind rep anyway. screw that.

In other news, I love the new cities. Beautiful.
90 Human Priest
Don't know about you, but I find the Shrine to be horribly inconvenient. It feels cramped. I only get the speed boost part of the time. It is jammed down between mountains making it annoying to fly in and out. It doesn't have profession trainers. It is confusing in layout, and I don't think there are faction discounts on repairs.

I visit on Tuesdays to turn coins in the bag into coins not in the bag (coins in the bag are winning even though I hit the required revered reputation and said the heck with it on most dailies).

Stormwind would not be my city of choice. However, it is the only city that I can buy "cloak of port me there" for. All of my 85+ characters have a cloak to get to Stormwind and hearth to Halfhill for farming. Sometimes my druid will teleport: moonglade and go to Darnasus instead of cloaking to Stormwind. (City likeability in my book, best to worst: Ironforge, Darnasus, Dalaran, Shattrath, Stormwind, Exodar - maybe I should spend a bunch of gold on rings for alts... hmm).
90 Pandaren Monk

It might be true that it was the same in Wotlk but doesn't mean it was a good idea. Also, The portal to Pandaria is only in SW meaning that other cities aren't much of an option.

If you really want to spread the population out then make a portal to Pandaria in all major cities.

That's cool and all, but if the intent of not having an AH in the Vale is to "spread out the population", then putting the amenities that Org/SW have into all the others would be an indication this is actually the intent. As it stands now it there's no reason to go to the other capitals beyond buying a mount you may not have yet. No quests (that are worth doing) take us to capitals other than Org/SW. No amenities are in the other capitals. There's literally nothing to draw players away from Org/SW and "spread out the population".
90 Human Paladin
10/29/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Brennvin
It was the same with Wrath of the Lich King and Dalaran (including an Auction House for Engineers). Keeping them in the main cities for most players helps spread out the population but also keeps them relevant. Personally, I don't mind traveling back there when I need to make a purchase. I just plan ahead when I know what I'll be looking for or when creating new auctions myself.

So why aren't Ironforge/Darnassus/Exodar relevant?

I much prefer Ironforge to Stormwind but it's just far too inconvenient to go there.
Isn't there like a portal in Shrines?
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/29/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Ruxpin
I just use the auction tool integrated into the website.
90 Goblin Mage
With hearthstones on a 15-minute CD for most players, why does it matter that he portals are only in Stormwind and Orgrimmar? Go to a random city, do whatever it is you need to do, and hearth back to the Shrine. This is only an issue at all if you hearth to the Shrine and then immediately port to a capital city, so that your hearthstone is still on cooldown when you're done at the AH.

Personally, I usually go to Dalaran. It's the most convenient city by far.
Keeping them in the main cities for most players helps spread out the population but also keeps them relevant.
>.<

Do you really want to spread the population out? Honestly? Or are you just saying that? Your words sound hollow.

If you truly want to spread out the population, then put in the same amenities that Stormwind and Orgrimmar have, in all old capital cities .
90 Orc Shaman
Ok, lets just go back to EMFH, put portals in all cities, tabards for rep, etc... Lets make it so close to Cataclysm that the game dies again. Good idea?
dalaran was the only city to actually feel like it had people in it since classic/vanilla org/IF

why do you insist on spreading people apart instead of bringing them together?
90 Night Elf Druid

And it's not that great of one... Coming from a person that is on a PC that can barely handle a crowded Stormwind AH on low vid settings you guys aren't doing anything to disperse the population. If you were then we would be seeing portals to Pandaria in all major cities. Stormwind, just like in Cata is a clusterchuck of people. But of course, as like Cata and the JP/VP vendors...I am not expecting to be seeing portals to Pandaland in IF or Darn any time soon...
90 Pandaren Rogue
It was the same with Wrath of the Lich King and Dalaran (including an Auction House for Engineers). Keeping them in the main cities for most players helps spread out the population but also keeps them relevant. Personally, I don't mind traveling back there when I need to make a purchase. I just plan ahead when I know what I'll be looking for or when creating new auctions myself.

I get the idea of spreading the population out, but ive taken to simply staying in SW again. I go to pandaria once a day to do 4 dailies and thats it ill park my behind in SW, what with the constant undercutting etc.

Maybe a new guild perk ( in place of the not so perkish "The Quick and the Slow") for a mobile AH with say a 2 hour CD ?
90 Pandaren Shaman

I absolutely hate it when a Blue says something like that. It's basically saying "We're right. You're wrong. Sit Down and Shut Up. Oh, and keep paying us."
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/30/2012 01:09 AMPosted by Sliphe

So why aren't Ironforge/Darnassus/Exodar relevant?

I much prefer Ironforge to Stormwind but it's just far too inconvenient to go there.

Ironforge is like a 1 minute flight from the SW portals. Fly directly south of Coldridge and you'll hit it. Much faster than any other travel except portals
90 Human Warlock

I absolutely hate it when a Blue says something like that. It's basically saying "We're right. You're wrong. Sit Down and Shut Up. Oh, and keep paying us."

In this particular case, they are right. We don't need a ton of L10 gnome/goblin bank alts in tuxedos cluttering up the shrines.

The option of mailing things back to an alt in another city to access AH is there. It'll only take a minute or two to log over to them and back again. You can even access AH via the remote app and the website.

I remember Dalaran at the peak of Wrath, most of the time you had to remember to leave it before logging out or you'd have problems logging back in again due to the overcrowding.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]