Auction House in Shrine of 7 Stars/2Moons

(Locked)

70 Pandaren Monk
10/29/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Trilashand
You can also get the ring that lets you port to Dalaran, take the portal to Org from there and then hearth back to Shrine when you're done.

1.There is a portal to Dalaran in the shrines.

2. Why add a step and go to ORG/SW? There is still an AH in Dal with a mail box conveniently located just across a narrow street.
90 Human Paladin
Let everyone use the engineering AH item and the engineers will now be able to add a profitable item to the AH trade. I'd pay for it. Quite a bit too.
90 Draenei Shaman
No, keep the AH junkies away from Pandaria, I like the Shrine of the Two moons and Seven Stars the way they are now.
90 Draenei Warrior
As an Engineer... MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
90 Draenei Shaman
Yes, I am considering the final toon I get to 90 making an engineer.
63 Tauren Death Knight
You talk about dispersing and balancing population loads, this doesn't make much sense?
You have portals leaving to Orgrimmar and Stormwind but what about all the other racials capitals? Those cities rarely see any forms of population.

There are portals to all the major cities from Pandaria, including Dalaran and Shattrath. Not just Org and SW.

You should do me a favor. Create a character on Mal'Ganis and pay Orgrimmar a visit.

Ugh, Mal'Ganis. What a nightmare.

Use the AH in Thunder Bluff or Undercity or Silvermoon instead. It's much more quiet in those places. And yes, as stated above, there is a portal from the Shrine to all of them. Park an alt in one of them and use the mail system - or just use the mobile app. Many options have been proposed in this thread. Pick one of them and use it.
90 Worgen Hunter

You're not actually "dispersing the population" by sending us all back to SW and Org, you're just sending us to crowd up two other cities. If you want to actually disperse us, make it so that there are portals to Pandaria from all the faction capitals.

There are portals to all the Capitals located at Shrine of Seven Stars. Set hearthstone at Shrine of Seven Stars, portal to anywhere you want.

Problem solved.
90 Troll Mage
Go experience the world in it's fullest, my child.

Is what I would say if I disagreed. The first time visiting the shrine I was in awe, untill I found the auction master. I took one look and sighed, "Oh. A robot.."
90 Gnome Warlock
10/29/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Brennvin
For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

You're ignoring his main overarching point.

If your goal is to have the population spread out, then having access to Pandaria restricted to just Stormwind defeats that purpose. Each of the capital hubs should have their own access to Pandaria. Heck, Darnassus and Thunderbluff should have been "the" cities to get them this expansion given there's actual history between Pandaren and the Tauren/Kal'dorei.

Ancient allies from an age long past are far more relevant to a culture driven by knowledge of the past than pink or green apes that they've never seen before.
Edited by Bomdanil on 10/30/2012 10:17 AM PDT
90 Dwarf Priest

It might be true that it was the same in Wotlk but doesn't mean it was a good idea. Also, The portal to Pandaria is only in SW meaning that other cities aren't much of an option.

If you really want to spread the population out then make a portal to Pandaria in all major cities.

For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

I don't have an issue with porting to a different city to use the AH. Especially with hasty hearth. Even 30 minute hearth isn't so bad if you remember the days of 60 minute hearth.

I would like to see portals in every faction city however. I personally detest SW and would love to see population in the other cities. Ironforge Forever!
90 Tauren Druid
10/30/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Bomdanil

You're ignoring his main overarching point.

If your goal is to have the population spread out, then having access to Pandaria restricted to just Stormwind defeats that purpose. Each of the capital hubs should have their own access to Pandaria. Heck, Darnassus and Thunderbluff should have been "the" cities to get them this expansion given there's actual history between Pandaren and the Tauren/Kal'dorei.

Ancient allies from an age long past are far more relevant to a culture driven by knowledge of the past than pink or green apes that they've never seen before.

This is only an issue before 87. After 87 set your hearth in Shrine and hang out in the city of your choice. I've got 2 characters at 90 and 4 at 89. I can count on one hand the number of times I've used the portal in Org. It's not like it's even convenient unless you want to go to Jade Forest.
Leave it as it is. Cata babies need not apply.
90 Gnome Warlock
No Panda AH is fine with me.

Having to go to a specific place to preform a specific action that is only needed occasionally is a good thing.

What is keeping people from spreading around is lack of communication. The moment you leave a city you lose out on communication.

I still believe that trade chat should be VISIBLE (read only) outside of the main cities.
25 Undead Priest

I don't have an issue with porting to a different city to use the AH. Especially with hasty hearth. Even 30 minute hearth isn't so bad if you remember the days of 60 minute hearth.

I would like to see portals in every faction city however. I personally detest SW and would love to see population in the other cities. Ironforge Forever!

Unfortunately, this is the part where you will be ignored. It was even asked above, and the blue reply answered everything but this. I hate when they answer someone and pretend like part of the question isn't there.

It makes total sense, and is always ignored. I actually took the port from the shrine to UC thinking there is no way they would put a portal there just to have us trapped there. Was very surprised at no portal back to Jade Forest.
90 Draenei Shaman
I mean no disrespect to the people that made this great game, but I don't like being forced to explore the world too much, just before the restart then, i was about to scream on my Shado-Pan dailies I absolutely hate them, I don't think I will be doing Shado-Pan on any of my alts again for any amount of gear. On my alts, will be just a matter of opening the LFR, and that's that.
90 Human Mage
10/29/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Brennvin
It was the same with Wrath of the Lich King and Dalaran (including an Auction House for Engineers). Keeping them in the main cities for most players helps spread out the population but also keeps them relevant. Personally, I don't mind traveling back there when I need to make a purchase. I just plan ahead when I know what I'll be looking for or when creating new auctions myself.

No one goes to any city except SW (I guess Org for horde?) because that is where the MoP portal is. The population isn't spread out, it's clogging up SW, where we've been for years now. The MoP portal couldn't have been in IF or something for a change of cities? Why SW for a second expansion in a row?
62 Orc Hunter

So, having a one-way in, one-way out of Pandaria in 1 city is the best method to avoid overcrowding and dispersion of the population?
90 Human Paladin
I just keep an alt in Stormwind and mail stuff back and forth. I rarely, if ever, go to the AH with my main anymore.
90 Tauren Warrior
Blizzard : We want players to go out and explore the world. So we put everything you need in 1 city........and only 1 city. And other cities have SOME of the stuff, but not all of it.......oh, and its also inconvenient if you go to any of those other cities to get to the more important areas once you are done.

Blizzard : Why aren't people exploring our world?!
Edited by Herethebeef on 10/30/2012 10:47 AM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
10/30/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Skillspec
So, having a one-way in, one-way out of Pandaria in 1 city is the best method to avoid overcrowding and dispersion of the population?

One way out? There's 7 portals. 6 in the Shrine, one in a town in Jade Forest, depends on your faction. There's one initial way in, after that there's two, Hearth and Portal.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]