Auction House in Shrine of 7 Stars/2Moons

(Locked)

90 Human Warrior
Oh mah gawd, you mean we have to actually travel in an MMO?
90 Tauren Warrior
10/30/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Dasffion
One way out? There's 7 portals. 6 in the Shrine, one in a town in Jade Forest, depends on your faction. There's one initial way in, after that there's two, Hearth and Portal.

And all but one of those portals lead to nowhere important except in certain situations. 90% of the time, its only 1 portal you'll be taking. Org.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
On-topic: Kind of what the Blue said... helps keep the population a bit down. I just keep an alt in Stormwind for using the Auction House, though I may just start using my Engineer.

10/29/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Ruxpin
I just use the auction tool integrated into the website.

I love your transmog.

10/29/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Brennvin
It was the same with Wrath of the Lich King and Dalaran (including an Auction House for Engineers). Keeping them in the main cities for most players helps spread out the population but also keeps them relevant. Personally, I don't mind traveling back there when I need to make a purchase. I just plan ahead when I know what I'll be looking for or when creating new auctions myself.

I love your avatar.
90 Worgen Druid
Personally I think that the shrine is a terrible design and there are too many people crammed in there as it is, better off not having an AH there. I only keep my hearth there for the portals, and to get me back to the new zones. If I am actually trying to do things within a city I port back to Dal since the population there is much lower and it is laid out much better.

With that said, there should be more ways to get there. I have a silly thought, put a portal to the shrine usable at 90 right next to the portal to blasted lands in all major cities ... gives the developers what they want ( spread out the population, get them using the old cities ) and the players what they want ( easier travel, locations we like not being an inconvenience, and not as much crowding ) , so obviously this will never happen.
You only need 1 in Engineer to use AH in Shrines. Just sayin.
90 Goblin Priest
its legal so long as they are hitting every key press. linking the keys to multiple accounts is not illegal in the slightest
100 Blood Elf Warrior
10/29/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Swervê
Please put an auction house in Shrine of the Seven Starts/ 2 Moons. I desperately need one so I don't have to port back to SW every 5 seconds.

That's what banker toons are for. You just need to find a mailbox, not an auction house.
90 Night Elf Druid
Aaaand the point about portals to Pandaria in the other cities is ignored, because Blizzard is always uncomfortable addressing why they didn't follow through on things they said they would do.
90 Gnome Rogue
10/29/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Swervê
Please put an auction house in Shrine of the Seven Starts/ 2 Moons. I desperately need one so I don't have to port back to SW every 5 seconds.

Your hearthstone cool down is only 15 minutes. Why do you need to use the auction house every 5 seconds?
100 Tauren Druid
And all but one of those portals lead to nowhere important except in certain situations. 90% of the time, its only 1 portal you'll be taking. Org.

If that's the city you prefer, sure. I for one am looking forward to spending more time in Thunder Bluff again.
90 Troll Mage
You may think that its a good idea, but for most players , they dont like having to teleport to stormwind every single time they need to buy an auction , Eg. , i get a new piece of gear and i have to tele to SW just to buy a gem.

You say that it works well , but from what i can see the general player base does NOT , i really wish you guys would stop making decisions on what YOU thought was best for the game and not the what the PLAYERS thought.

As for overcrowding , im pretty sure there would be way better methods.

The customer is not always right and I implore you to recant saying that for the sake of quality in this game.
100 Undead Warlock
Personally I think that the shrine is a terrible design and there are too many people crammed in there as it is, better off not having an AH there. I only keep my hearth there for the portals, and to get me back to the new zones. If I am actually trying to do things within a city I port back to Dal since the population there is much lower and it is laid out much better.

With that said, there should be more ways to get there. I have a silly thought, put a portal to the shrine usable at 90 right next to the portal to blasted lands in all major cities ... gives the developers what they want ( spread out the population, get them using the old cities ) and the players what they want ( easier travel, locations we like not being an inconvenience, and not as much crowding ) , so obviously this will never happen.

Exactly, 100%, word for word, what this guy said. There's no other way to say it, bravo.
90 Draenei Death Knight
I like that everything is in a different place in MoP. That's how an MMORPG should be - you can't just sit around in one place and have everything done for you.

Hell, I have engineering so I can use the AH in Pandaria, but I still like going back to the Alliance capitals.
100 Night Elf Druid
I love how every expansion, Blizzard says "we're trying to get people out of SW/Org".

And then, every expansion, the only portals to the expansion areas are in SW/Org and the other capitol cities remain ghost towns. When asked about this, Blizzard goes "Uhh...what? Go back to SW/Org".

I don't see the logic here. There is none.

The only time this was successful was in BC/WotLK with Shatt and Dal, people actually hung out in those cities more than SW/Org.
Edited by Fudgesicle on 10/30/2012 12:30 PM PDT
18 Orc Shaman
I wish we had portals to Pandaria in other cities, AH isn't a big deal to me. I'm just tired of SW/Org lol.
Edited by Grunkoth on 10/30/2012 12:30 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
An auction house there would be totally convenient so please add one thanks :-)
90 Gnome Rogue
I love how every expansion, Blizzard says "we're trying to get people out of SW/Org".

And then, every expansion, the only portals to the expansion areas are in SW/Org and the other capitol cities remain ghost towns. When asked about this, Blizzard goes "Uhh...what? Go back to SW/Org".

I don't see the logic here. There is none.

The only time this was successful was in BC/WotLK with Shatt and Dal, people actually hung out in those cities more than SW/Org.

If Blizzard really wanted to get us out of Stormwind then they'd actually add some storyline that involved the other capital cities. Does Ironforge even exist any more? For that matter, do the dwarves even exist any more?
90 Troll Mage

We shouldn't need portals to travel anyway. The sheer fact that the community has gotten this lazy to the point where they don't want to run anywhere is insane to me.

Just the other day there was a thread that capped talking about not wanting to ride ground mounts while leveling.

This is slightly deviating from the main subject but the point is obvious. Everyone has been spoiled too much to where we don't even like spending more than 2 minutes moving anywhere in a game that's meant to feel like a world.

And that saddens me a lot.
Edited by Wolvomo on 10/30/2012 12:43 PM PDT
90 Draenei Hunter
< Had no idea the AH in 7 stars was Engineering only. WOOO Engeering perks xD
91 Troll Druid
10/29/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Brennvin

It might be true that it was the same in Wotlk but doesn't mean it was a good idea. Also, The portal to Pandaria is only in SW meaning that other cities aren't much of an option.

If you really want to spread the population out then make a portal to Pandaria in all major cities.

For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

You always keep saying that you want to keep stuff "spread out" and "relevant" and whatnot...but how are places like Undercity, Thunderbluff, Darnassus and even the formerly popular Ironforge AT ALL relevant when since Cataclysm EVERYTHING has been centered around lame old Stormwind and REALLY EFFING LAME old Orgrimmar (seriously, I hate Orgrimmar so bleeping much!!)???!! I won't even get started with Silvermoon and Exodar. Would it REALLY have been all that much of an awful idea to REALLY make your old cities "relevant" [again] by giving us options to use those really underpopulated cities as our base instead of having 10,000 nubs hanging out in Lagrimmar all the time?

Furthermore...why not use one of those lesser cities for an upcoming patch or expansion? In BC I LOOOOVED hanging out in Shatt and Ironforge, but Stormwind was still hopping...but the poor Night Elves in Darnassus get ABSOLUTELY NO LOVE!! It's the same with Thunderbluff. Orgrimmar and Stormwind are old, played out - and I'm sick of looking at them. Talk about an epic waste of "relevant" content by never really doing much to get bodies into OTHER capital cities unless it's a freakin holiday or something. I'd much rather spend time in Thunderbluff than Boregrimmar. Or Darnassus as opposed to Stormwind.

You keep claiming that you want us in the world. Capital cities ARE PART OF THE WORLD! Make ALL of them worth something more than just "oh, it's here...I'm close - I'll drop in for a sec."
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]