A friends account was banned unjustfully

(Locked)

1 Human Warlock
Hello i am on my brothers account due to not revealing my real account because of TOS policy on you can ban anyone without reason. A account with the character Pastorn on Terenas realm ENus was banned unjustfully due to a report. I myself feel that this is a mistake and I believe it was my primary account that reported him on accident trying to click a character by the name of [Removed]same realm same server host. I would more than happily speak to you about Pastorn. He has not violated your TOS nor any other policy currently implemented by Blizzard Entertainment. I can Vouche for this so can many other people on Terenas. I do ask that you contact me via email with a respondable email to converse this matter.

Best regards
Edited by Vrakthris on 10/29/2012 9:19 PM PDT
55 Pandaren Monk
10/29/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Prunerilista
was banned unjustfully due to a report.

No, reports are not enough to action an account.

I myself feel that this is a mistake

That is all fine, but the one and only way your friend can appeal an account action is via tickets. The forums cannot help.

He has not violated your TOS nor any other policy currently implemented by Blizzard Entertainment. I can Vouche for this so can many other people on Terenas.

Quite frankly, what you can vouch for has no bearing on how account actions are applied and upheld/overturned. Again, for your friend tickets are the only way to go. And you cannot ticket this issue on his behalf.
Edited by Musashi on 10/29/2012 8:30 PM PDT
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Rogue
I'm sorry, but this is not something that can be handled by forums, although your post is well meaning, your friend, the owner of that affected account, will need to follow the set appeal process if they feel their ban/suspension was unjustified.
90 Human Paladin
I have been wondering about this. We could not figure out for the life of us why his account was banned. Personally spoke with Pastorn and he was completely in awe of why his account was banned. Please, please, please unban Pastorn's account. He was a great player and great for the community that is World of Warcraft.

EDIT: He did follow the appeals process and was denied.
Edited by Foxe on 10/29/2012 8:43 PM PDT
25 Night Elf Druid
10/29/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Foxe
I have been wondering about this. We could not figure out for the life of us why his account was banned. Personally spoke with Pastorn and he was completely in awe of why his account was banned. Please, please, please unban Pastorn's account. He was a great player and great for the community that is World of Warcraft.

Your friend can contest the ban using the support link above.

Blizzard is not going to discuss this with anyone other that the account holder. No matter how many of you come and "vouch" for it, its between he and Blizzard.

HE needs to contest it, not you.
25 Night Elf Druid

Blizzard usually allows more than one appeal.

Once gain, they're not going to discuss it with you.

At all. Period.

You're wasting time posting here
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Rogue
Please, please, please unban Pastorn's account. He was a great player and great for the community that is World of Warcraft.

I understand you want to stand up for your friend, and this is all well and good.

But,

Ultimately your friend will have to appeal through Blizzard's system, the forums are just not a medium in which you can protest another person's punishment.

Until they say they will no longer reinvestigate the ban, your friend can continue to appeal, ultimately though, we will not go into details here on the forums, I am sorry. There might come a time when your friend exhausts all further means of investigation, and will have to accept that they are not going to be able to play that account again.
Edited by Kozzae on 10/29/2012 8:48 PM PDT
55 Pandaren Monk
He did follow the appeals process and was denied.

It is still the only way this matter can be pursued. Posting on the forums is not going to help.
90 Undead Warlock

First off, people who are banned all say they were unjustly banned. I am not trying to be rude or anything, but one can't really take his word at face value unless we actually know the guy in game as well. You know the guy well, so you believe him. He is lucky to have a friend like you. The rest of us reading this though likely don't know who this guy is.

Hello i am on my brothers account due to not revealing my real account because of TOS policy on you can ban anyone without reason. A account with the character Pastorn on Terenas realm ENus was banned unjustfully due to a report. I myself feel that this is a mistake and I believe it was my primary account that reported him on accident trying to click a character by the name of [Removed]same realm same server host. I would more than happily speak to you about Pastorn. He has not violated your TOS nor any other policy currently implemented by Blizzard Entertainment. I can Vouche for this so can many other people on Terenas. I do ask that you contact me via email with a respondable email to converse this matter.

Best regards

Bans do NOT occur simply because you have reported someone. When you report a player via the in game reporting system, they do an investigation. Basically they look at their logs, to see if the activity you have reported the person for has actually taken place on the reported character's account. So, even if you did report the wrong person, it wouldn't have caused the wrong person to get banned. If the wrong person was reported for a specific action, then the resulting investigation would likely find no evidence of the item that player was reported for. Simply put, your friend did not get banned based on your accidental report. It is likely they got banned based on a report made by another player, followed by an investigation into the matter reported by that player. It is the reason you do not see bots disappear immediately upon being reported by several people. A thorough investigation into the issue is always conducted before any penalty is assessed against an account.
1 Human Warlock
We were all joking around about canadians and american stereotypes but when it died down the Player [Removed]got too serious that is why i went to report him. If pastorn ended up reported by mistake it would still have grounds for ban. I ask that this forum be locked but left here for reference for Pastorn to use in his bann appeal once he is safe from Hurricane Sandy.
25 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard suspends and bans based on THEIR evidence and logs.

Just because you report someone, doesn't mean they automatically get banned.

Reports are investigated.

It may not even have anything to do with YOUR report.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Your friend was emailed the basic reason why he was banned. They will not go into further detail about it as that would let people know how to possibly bypass what was working to ban those that deserve it.
13 Blood Elf Paladin
10/29/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Prunerilista
If pastorn ended up reported by mistake it would still have grounds for ban.

So, wait, are you saying that he DID do (or possibly SAID) something potentially ban-worthy?
Edited by Kelish on 10/29/2012 9:19 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Well, he was being honest. I do not what Blizzard found, but he was being honest in thinking he did not do anything wrong. I can say this, whatever it was he would never do it again if he knew what he did wrong, if anything. He was upset about this. I feel really bad for Pastorn.
90 Human Paladin
10/29/2012 09:18 PMPosted by Kelish

So, wait, are you saying that he DID do (or possibly SAID) something potentially ban-worthy?

Well, people were calling Americans fat and Canadians too polite. Both are grounds for ban. Take notice.
Edited by Foxe on 10/29/2012 9:34 PM PDT
Support Forum Agent
Hello i am on my brothers account due to not revealing my real account because of TOS policy on you can ban anyone without reason

Technically speaking, Prunerilista, yes, our policies allow us to close an account for any or no reason what so ever. You would be mistaken if you think that we would ever close and account for no reason though. The point of a business is to make money, to that end closing an account without cause would be counterproductive.

A account with the character Pastorn on Terenas realm ENus was banned unjustfully due to a report.

No, it was not. Even so, as the others have mentioned, we do not suspend or close an account simply because it was reported for some reason or another. We investigate these matters to verify if our policies were violated and once confirmed then appropriate actions are taken.

He has not violated your TOS nor any other policy currently implemented by Blizzard Entertainment. I can Vouche for this so can many other people on Terenas.

While I'm certain your friend appreciates that, Prunerilista, nothing you or anyone else may say would have any impact on the actions taken or the appeals process. The only one that may dispute such actions is the account holder and only by submitting an action dispute through the Support Site.

If they have already done so, there is little else that can be done.

10/29/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Prunerilista

Again, even if they were reported that would not result in an account closure unless the severity of the violations found warranted it.

I should note that violations that consist of inappropriate language and subject matter rarely result in the closure of an account unless very severe and/or without a substantial history. While I cannot provide details regarding this matter I can assure you it was not due to any off color discussion you may have been having about stereotypes.

10/29/2012 09:31 PMPosted by Foxe
Well, people were calling Americans fat and Canadians too polite. Both are grounds for ban. Take notice.

No, it is not.

I will lock this as it is not an appropriate topic for these forums.
Edited by Vrakthris on 10/29/2012 9:35 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]