The torch of strength

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Hunter
I have no lag other than if I'm loaded on fun addons, and my torch still goes out randomly.

I don't mean while I'm around tornados. No, it just randomly goes out while I'm on my way to the next tornado alley. Every time I see this quest, after beating it once, I promptly ignore the crap out of it.
91 Blood Elf Priest
This daily is a lot harder when you have stupid little alliance !@#$s sheeping you or fearing you.
90 Tauren Hunter
This daily can go DIAF. :)
100 Night Elf Hunter
Hey, folks...

The best exploit is to do this with someone else. If you run in tandem, you can relight each other's torches just by proximity. You can get hit by every single tornado and just so long as you're walking together, no problem. I assume you have to be from the same faction, but you don't even have to be grouped.

Hope this helps. I couldn't read all the frustration without sharing that strength is apparently teamwork.
Edited by Baruch on 12/29/2012 6:22 AM PST
94 Gnome Mage
Although it took a long time to figure out, once you have it down the run is pretty straightforward:

First leg: stay on the right side; if a tornado is heading into your path, wait for it to leave. there's no timer, slow down.

Second leg: go on the left side, outside of the chain. No tornado can touch you. Don't fall off, though.

Third leg: Wait until the three tornadoes on the bridge are not in tandem. When the center tornado hits your end of the bridge and turns to go back, follow it in its lane. Once one of the other tornadoes passes you going back toward your starting point, shift into that tornado's lane. Dodge the ones at the end, run up the steps and win.

The first time I got this quest I probably failed it 30 times. Once I figured the above out, I've done it first try every time.
90 Worgen Warrior
This quest reminds me of the survival test in the Golden lotus dailies where you must stay in the ring for 90 seconds. The one where all the Pandas are in there trying to throw you out.

You butt your head up against a very tricky situation. If you get it you wonder why everyone else is having a hard time. If you don't ( I didn't) you sour grape it and move on. The fox was wise.

The torches can stay out as far as I'm concerned.
100 Human Warlock
Thanks Blizz I'm now exalted with the Sha of Anger and Burning my way up towards the Sha of Hatred Rep! >=(
90 Gnome Priest
Gave it 3 attempts, making it past the last bridge on my 3rd attempt.

Suddenly my torch goes out, and I wasn't hit by a tornado. Latency is fine.

This quest can diaf.

Promptly abandoned.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
OK after trying this for over an hour I quit. There is not a person on my friends list or that I know on my realm that can get this dam thing done. Its not just me, as was asking for advice and everyone said skip it. Sad that for 5 valor Blizz makes this almost impossible. Possible to get it put not probable.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Well after my initial post months ago, I succeeded once. Once. That was enough to let me die peacefully now.

Plus got AC exalted without it so you really don't need to do it.
90 Undead Priest
Well I will agree that this quest is ridiculous for a daily. But, after failing miserably multiple times and reading a bit, it's really not as hard as people make it look. First section stay on right and avoid tornadoes easy. Second section follow wall outside of building and walk on the outside of the chain fence to the left. Third section follow the last tornado going away from you at the bridge, once the tornado next to it passes you going the opposite direction, then move into that lane. Fourth section can be tricky, I just stay left and can usually miss it all or have to dodge one at most. There are ways to cheat the last section. ie blink or have a priest friend stand on stairs and life grip you when you get to the end of the bridge.
100 Tauren Druid
The first time I did this, I was on travel assignment for work, so I was playing from a hotel connection. So I'd have latency around 40ms that would randomly spike to 10k+, then back to 40ms. Made that first attempt very, very difficult. I'm not the type to quit, though, so I just kept trying, and trying, and trying. Finally got it after about a dozen tries.

Moved back home the other week. Much better connection, with latency of about 35ms, no random spikes. Got that daily. Completed in the first attempt.

You can also have a few people doing this at once, so that if one person gets their torch blown out, they can relight off someone else.
7 Gnome Rogue
I feel bad for peolpe with lag on this quest with out lag its rather easy with lag do not even try it.
82 Goblin Hunter
Couldn't agree with this post any more!

Living in Australia, playing on a USW server, i have to attempt this any where between 4-10 times.. I honestly cannot understand who thought it would be a good idea.

I play with ping of 200-350 on good days.
92 Draenei Paladin
I have been playing this game since BC and I do believe that this is THE worst quest that has ever come to fruition. The worst part is that you have no choice to do it, otherwise you lose out on major Rep because there are only a few dailies to do for the Aug Cel. I would love it if you could just scrap this quest and add the Rep to the remaining dailies in that area. It just takes too long and I don't think the bubble around the wind that is the hit box is refined enough to be able to miss it. I think you really bombed on this one, guys. I truly hate this quest with the passion of a thousand white hot suns. Just get rid of it. It is a waste of time and I have another 5 billion dailies to do for rep because you got rid of the tabard system.
100 Draenei Warrior
do not necro the thread...
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Although it took a long time to figure out, once you have it down the run is pretty straightforward:

First leg: stay on the right side; if a tornado is heading into your path, wait for it to leave. there's no timer, slow down.

Second leg: go on the left side, outside of the chain. No tornado can touch you. Don't fall off, though.

Third leg: Wait until the three tornadoes on the bridge are not in tandem. When the center tornado hits your end of the bridge and turns to go back, follow it in its lane. Once one of the other tornadoes passes you going back toward your starting point, shift into that tornado's lane. Dodge the ones at the end, run up the steps and win.

The first time I got this quest I probably failed it 30 times. Once I figured the above out, I've done it first try every time.

I was going to post this very advice. Do it this way and laugh at how easy it becomes.
90 Human Priest
I second that remark. To many variables to consider when playing a computer game. Using creative ideas with potions,transforming to run faster didn't work. I tried using invisible potions. I still was killed while invisible. Not a daily on my list. The only thing I did try and worked was the making White Tiger your hearth home, and you still have the torch lite, but then you still have to go across the bridge.
90 Pandaren Rogue
"My computer cant handle the game - please delete quest so others cant play"

This daily is one of the easiest of all the dailies. Takes only a couple mins to complete and virtually impossible to fail unless you close your eyes.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]