The Illuminated Ones - We Speak Quenya!

11/08/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Traethe
Your topic title says 'A/H' RP. While I know that joining the guild wouldn't work out, how does one get involved in this if they are Horde?
See that target over there? Go stand in front of it, you disgrace.

OOC, though, I dunno.
Edited by Thyban on 11/8/2012 11:09 PM PST
11/08/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Traethe
Your topic title says 'A/H' RP. While I know that joining the guild wouldn't work out, how does one get involved in this if they are Horde?

Same way non-guilded people get involved. I plan on making a "shadow" toon Hordeside to help make calender invites and such. You can mail the toon "Rennalie" or simply add my battletag:

KristahMarie#1533

Instructors would need to provide information on the courses they intend on giving (and we try not to discriminate on what can be taught so long as the person is willing to do it, people are willing to learn and the time and space are conducive to both. If it is something that borders on OOC negativity, you can bet we won't participate) and those looking for courses let me know what they want to see. Right now, I am searching for the following instructors willing to give these courses:

History of the Alliance / Horde
    History of Azeroth
    The "Gods" of Azeroth and the Titans (Gods being any being considered otherworldy and worshipped as such)
    Druidism in Modern-Day Alliance / Druidism Before the Sundering
    Philosophy
    The Modern Paladin
    The Concept of Chi and Balance
    The Schools of Magic
    The Application of the Schools of Magic
    The Modern Soldier (This pertains to military work and generally an introduction for people wanting to enlist in the future)
    Basic Education (for the children)
    How to Rogue
    Alchemy
    Herbalism: The Way of the Flower
    How to Run a Business in Stormwind / Orgimmar

(I will also take any ideas that other people may have that they want to instruct in-character.)
I can't tell if Marcus would harp on them for their dirty, dirty neutrality, or be quietly approving of the fact that there are groups preparing for the time, however far off it is, that the war is done.
11/09/2012 06:10 AMPosted by Maarcus
I can't tell if Marcus would harp on them for their dirty, dirty neutrality, or be quietly approving of the fact that there are groups preparing for the time, however far off it is, that the war is done.

"We are the music-makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." --Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder - 1971)

The wonderful thing about our neutrality is that we don't force it on those who participate as non-guilded students / instructors. This is essentially offering "education" RP for new RP'ers and veterans alike. The neutrality is practiced by the Upper Tier (the true Illuminated) more than the Lower Tier (the Enlightened) of the guild.
90 Draenei Shaman
I kind of want to come and watch these events. Seems pretty interesting. I'm pretty OOC, though. Might cramp your style.

-herboflages-
I kind of want to come and watch these events. Seems pretty interesting. I'm pretty OOC, though. Might cramp your style.

-herboflages-

As long as you are respectful to the IC going on, I have no issues with people "lamping" the instructions. I actually invite it, to be frank with you. I've noticed a lot of people can be iffy when it comes to RP'ing outside of their circle because they feel they lack creativity or they don't feel their toon would be accepted into open RP. I am hoping that as these courses go on, it will extend RP for everyone as a whole and help give people ideas and make them comfortable to RP with everyone.
Alright, I like what I'm hearing. Now if you tell me that the Upper and/or Lower tiers talk about how the Light is a manifestation of willpower and the desire to do good, and not some omnipotent semi-deity-force that requires prayer and self-punishment to channel, I will demand some type of secret membership in the Azerothian Freemasons.
11/09/2012 06:20 AMPosted by Maarcus
Alright, I like what I'm hearing. Now if you tell me that the Upper and/or Lower tiers talk about how the Light is a manifestation of willpower and the desire to do good, and not some omnipotent semi-deity-force that requires prayer and self-punishment to channel, I will demand some type of secret membership in the Azerothian Freemasons.

The Upper Level shares those ideas; the Light is not some super being but a manifestation of the good will and justice one creates within themselves (which explains how people can learn to use it or forget). And the "Illuminated" is the secret society that teaches these things - SECRET MEETINGS INCLUDED - and we don't require someone be in the guild to be initiated as a member of the society. We ride against the teachings of the orthodox church.
11/09/2012 06:23 AMPosted by Rennali

The Upper Level shares those ideas; the Light is not some super being but a manifestation of the good will and justice one creates within themselves (which explains how people can learn to use it or forget). And the "Illuminated" is the secret society that teaches these things - SECRET MEETINGS INCLUDED - and we don't require someone be in the guild to be initiated as a member of the society. We ride against the teachings of the orthodox church.

Alright. That's it. At some point in his life, Marcus must become a gruff and unexpected Azerothian Freemason.
We can freely send you an invite to the next meeting. There, we can explain what the Illuminated does and what our ultimate intentions are. Each member must be hand-chosen by those already initiated and we don't keep a roster and don't wear anything that denotes us as a member. After all, we don't want to create panic with people thinking we might be some cult.

We meet in different locations each time.
We use coded messages to speak to one another (which will be provided soon)
We never speak of the society outside of meetings.
Those who don't follow the given rules live, but are given drugs to help them forget.
11/09/2012 06:20 AMPosted by Maarcus

There are some of us who hold more traditional beliefs about the Light, but that doesn't stop us from being tolerable of other views.

Then again... <points to Argent Crusade tabard>

Is it all that surprising?
11/09/2012 06:52 AMPosted by Luthareas

There are some of us who hold more traditional beliefs about the Light, but that doesn't stop us from being tolerable of other views.

Then again... <points to Argent Crusade tabard>

Is it all that surprising?
I hate everyone equally, don't worry.
We know.
90 Worgen Druid
A question, Renn. How much IC knowledge do people have of the education and views of the Illuminated/Enlightened ones themselves, that are looking into public knowledge perhaps, but not scouring through it or infiltrating.
85 Worgen Warrior
Sounds pretty dang awesome.

*Seal of approval*
http://tinyurl.com/3g9e2d4
11/09/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Ferenold
A question, Renn. How much IC knowledge do people have of the education and views of the Illuminated/Enlightened ones themselves, that are looking into public knowledge perhaps, but not scouring through it or infiltrating.

Not sure if I understand the question. (My brain is not working at full capacity since I'm wanting to see Wreck-It Ralph) As far as people knowing that the school itself exists - I open that up for anyone to know. IC public knowledge since Renna has mentioned it publicly to people many times. Overhearing about it isn't a long-shot.

They also would find notifications on message boards in the cities. Each message is written in the native language of that city (i.e., Common - Stormwind; Darnassian - Darnassus; Gnomish / Dwarven - Ironforge; etc.) That's done simply out of courtesy.

There will be IC postings of instructions given on the boards like you might see at your local community center or YMCA - so they will be able to talk about it in-character.

Does that answer it?
90 Worgen Druid
11/09/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Rennali

Not sure if I understand the question. (My brain is not working at full capacity since I'm wanting to see Wreck-It Ralph) As far as people knowing that the school itself exists - I open that up for anyone to know. IC public knowledge since Renna has mentioned it publicly to people many times. Overhearing about it isn't a long-shot.

They also would find notifications on message boards in the cities. Each message is written in the native language of that city (i.e., Common - Stormwind; Darnassian - Darnassus; Gnomish / Dwarven - Ironforge; etc.) That's done simply out of courtesy.

There will be IC postings of instructions given on the boards like you might see at your local community center or YMCA - so they will be able to talk about it in-character.

Does that answer it?

Yeah, partially. I was wondering if people would know if it's neutral, and know if their humanistic sort of philosophy.
Yes, our neutrality is known.
90 Worgen Druid
Got it, thanks.
90 Human Paladin
We ride against the teachings of the orthodox church.

This is a really cool concept and I hope it works out for you!
Edited by Bèauregard on 11/9/2012 4:30 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]