Bots in the BGs

90 Human Warrior
Anyone else notice a huge increase in the botting in random BGs at night now? Was on my alt and went to a strand. I saw 90% of the horde all following each other and not going towards the demos. All they did was travel in a big grp, attack things within a certain range, and then stand at one of the gates all together.

At first me and a friend who were in there had no idea what was goin on. We wondered why so many people from different servers and guilds would all stick together and not do any objectives at all. Eventually, I learned from reading some other sites, they are bots scripted to do this.

Saw some suggestions I would go for to stop it. A captcha type thing to enter a BG. A simple word or what ever, not hard to do if its actually you playing. Another option would be to ban someone from BGs for a week if reported afk enough in one day.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I noticed it when 8 alliance wen't to Lighthouse and stayed there the whole game.

Same thing in Strands, whole team wen't left and did nothing.
Reply Quote
I noticed it when 8 alliance wen't to Lighthouse and stayed there the whole game.

Same thing in Strands, whole team wen't left and did nothing.

Not gonna lie. Lighthouse is the best place to party.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I must be way to busy smashing keys to notice bots, but I don't think I've see one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Play at night, like 2 or 3am server and you'll see lots of them. Its just crazy how many there are and how good they got at their scripts. Before, they'd just do random movements and it was pretty easy to see who was botting.

Now the scripts are so well done they walk and attack. You can still tell which are the bots tho because they usually will not do the objectives and either follow someone or will not attack unless you get in the radius that the script is designed to do.

Not sure if this has any merit but I see there are a ton of horde bots.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Odinn
Not sure if this has any merit but I see there are a ton of horde bots.

As long as they don't come trollin' in my trade chat!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'd appreciate it if you'd extend the ignore to the forums.

On topic, anyone else seen the ally side botting this frequently?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]