Imperial Vizier Zor'lok aggro issues

90 Orc Warrior
Anyone else having problems with his threat? In our attempts last night, sometimes everything would work fine, but most of the time on at least one of the platforms his aggro would go insane. And by that I mean for anywhere from 3-15 seconds after everyone had moved on to his new platform (so out of the gas) he would spin around in circles and cycle his target 1-2 times per second, attacking players at random. We had quite a few good attempts ruined by this, where he would just 1-2 shot a random dps or healer. Taunt has no effect when he does this, and if you click on him, he shows a yellow ~100% threat. When he stops, it will turn grey and drop to the single / low double digit percentages.

For reference, when transitioning between platforms we had a lock gate to port the tank and healers to the other side (both sides of the gate were in the clouds), and made sure he was always the first one in to melee range, followed by the rest of the raid.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
When he's on the platforms he doesn't move so he will melee the closest target to him even if they have 0 threat. Similar issues are found in rooting adds on Elegon and Will.

Just make sure people dont touch him until the melee are hitting him. It's not a dps race.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's your warlocks gate that is causing the problems. The gate puts a temporary "fade" type threat modifier on people that travel through it. If your tank is using the gateway, he won't be able to hold threat on the boss until it expires.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
When he's on the platforms he doesn't move so he will melee the closest target to him even if they have 0 threat. Similar issues are found in rooting adds on Elegon and Will.

Just make sure people dont touch him until the melee are hitting him. It's not a dps race.

That doesn't really explain it though. Like I said, our tank is always the first one in to melee range so he stops channeling then he just stands there. In one of the many times he did this last night, the player he targeted and 2 shotted was a druid healer standing towards the back of the platform. He also randomly hit / (sometimes killed) the hunter and the warlock a couple times, although his favorite person seemed to be me. I had my finger on the "die by the sword" button for the rest of the night when transitioning because of that.
Edited by Gorph on 11/9/2012 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/09/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Tyrandras
It's your warlocks gate that is causing the problems. The gate puts a temporary "fade" type threat modifier on people that travel through it. If your tank is using the gateway, he won't be able to hold threat on the boss until it expires.

That explains it! We'll just have to fire the Warlock now. (j/k)

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Edit: Sorry I guess you were replying to the other response.
Edited by Tyrandras on 11/9/2012 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]