Bonus roll issue.

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
Everytime I bonus roll I consistantly get the same item on the 3 different boss i need gear off of. Im gonna give examples here, Sha of Anger- Huge loot table with tier and pvp gear, so of course I use a token here. 3 weeks 3 sets of guardian tier pants, off bonus rolls. Sharded 2 pairs.

Feng in MV bonus rolled his agility ring, twice, to bads its unquie equipped. Keeping the other one atm for lols.

Bonus rolls are a great thing except for blizzard did not think about adding in a system if you already have the item, you should not be able to bonus roll it again. Getting muiltiple items like this is a punch in the face. Im always "Woot, finnaly won a bonus roll..........crap. I got that already!" Thanks for getting my hopes up.
100 Orc Hunter
bosses have ALWAYS dropped items you already have, so why did you think they would STOP dropping items you already have just for your coin?
100 Orc Warrior
11/09/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Tsunámi
Getting muiltiple items like this is a punch in the face.

Yes.

In fact I would go so far as to say that it is an open palmed punch in the face. Also it is a sideways punch onto your cheek.
Edited by Gorkag on 11/9/2012 2:07 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Random is random.
96 Troll Death Knight
considering that most people only win 28g with their bonus roll, I doubt you will get much sympathy here.
100 Pandaren Monk
11/09/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Sinatra
considering that most people only win 28g with their bonus roll, I doubt you will get much sympathy here.
90 Night Elf Druid

I'd rather have the 28 gold then have to shard a pice of gear this early in the expansion.
90 Orc Hunter
Sha drops loot??

I thought it was a weekly gold vendor.
90 Night Elf Druid
11/09/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Gorkag
Getting muiltiple items like this is a punch in the face.

Yes.

In fact I would go so far as to say that it is an open palmed punch in the face. Also it is a sideways punch onto your cheek.

i would have to change your sideways punch to a finishing uppercut that knocks you off a bridge like in MK3 onto spikes.
90 Pandaren Hunter
11/09/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Tsunámi

I'd rather have the 28 gold then have to shard a pice of gear this early in the expansion.

Wait... what? Shards are needed as well and are going for 500-1000g.

Okay.
90 Worgen Warrior
I'm convinced that people that complain about loot not dropping or the same loot dropping over and over never played through Vanilla. Or TBC either for that matter.

If they HAD, they would understand the nature of RNG.
100 Undead Death Knight
11/09/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Ngatayou
Is the boss dropping loot as normal, or is the entire loot table open to each person's "rolls?"

In LFR:
The entire loot table is available to each player, but you can only get items appropriate for your class and spec.
Each person is rolling independently.

If there are ten mages (for example) in the raid, every one of them could win the exact same item.

You roll (the system does this for you).
If you "win", you get an item appropriate for your class and spec.
If you lose, you get some gold.
If you use that thing to get another roll, the same thing happens again.
You could use it and end up with two of the same thing, or just two bags of gold.

What you get has no affect on what anyone else gets, or doesn't get.
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm convinced that people that complain about loot not dropping or the same loot dropping over and over never played through Vanilla. Or TBC either for that matter.

If they HAD, they would understand the nature of RNG.

I've been playing since Nov 05. The new bonus roll loot system was suppose to impove the old roll system.
88 Human Rogue
All I've noticed, while I agree the loot tables should be giving random loot based on your class/spec, is that LEGS and GLOVES seem to be dropping quite frequently...
1 Undead Rogue
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yea its random, I have gotten the same tier gloves off of Sha 3 times. Very much could use the legs but 3 gloves.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]