Bonus roll issue.

(Locked)

80 Blood Elf Rogue
11/09/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Barru
So, for example, we could maybe add pets and mounts that would have a low chance of dropping exclusively on a bonus roll.

I don't think this would properly address the issue. A low chance at anything will still mean most of our loot bags will still contain nothing but 28g.

A better solution is a losing streak check that eventually rewards you with a piece of gear after a couple of weeks.

The only issue is people not understanding that random loot is random, as it should be.
90 Orc Warlock
To be quite honest I absolutely love the bonus roll. If you look at my pve set, you will be jealous to know how much luck I've had with that. Tier legs, 502 Neck, 489 Wand, and the 489 Trinket all from bonus lewt. To me, and I hope Blizz quotes me on this, Bonus rolls provide an augmentation to the weakness of 10 man loot tables, that weakness being that often times in 10 man your comp isn't 100% diverse and therefore you are prone to wasted loot. At least with th bonus system, even though it's not guarenteed, you still at least have an opportunity for an extra upgrade. That opportunity is not only unique to Mists of Pandaria but it's also something the devs didn't need to give us, and for that I thank them. While my high skill plays a role, the bonus rolls are part of what keeps me pumping out top 20 parses week to week.

As far as strategy goes, I highly reccomend not using them on bosses you already have loot from unless there is a powerful upgrade on the line (such as a trinket, weapon, or that one piece you just cant seem to replace).
100 Draenei Mage
I must say all the gear i did get so far has been from the coins and not the main roll, but in saying that what they could do if you use a Coin and only get gold then it should not use up your coin. So if I use them 5 times but get only 1 thing then it would only use 1 coin . Just a thought so we would get more kicks at the can so too speak.
90 Human Warrior
Hi Zarhym

Thanks for responding to this thread, despite the amount of entitlment and negativity here.

I will like to ask if you can bring these suggestions to the devs.

1) Make the chance of loot drop cumulative, either per drop, per week or per coin used, can be a small 1.25% increment or something. This will of course reset upon receiving a piece of loot. This change will bring it a little closer to the feel of real raiding. Which as weeks goes by, your raid gets geared up and of course your chance of getting loot increases.

I am fine with duplicated loot, it's something we deal with regular raids and that's the game design. Thus, no comment about that.

2) Loot drops from LFR/Sha/Galleon, may I suggest to put the loot in the bag. As interesting as the new loot drop flash screen is, it doesn't beat the instense anticipation I have to opening the satchels. Other good suggestion on this thread include random consumables, motes of harmony, even low chance of rare mats like golden lotus/living steel/tradable imperial silk (maybe put this as a consolation category, additional roll if gear doesn't drop)

People wants to be rewarded for their time put in, (or effort lol LFR/Sha/Galleon is hard) the reward does not neccessarily always have to be gear. A standardized pay-out of 28g 50s just feels boring.

3) Choice of loot roll for spec. I have prot as main and LFR will really benefit from my experience and participation. However,as prot is terrible for dailies, I will either spend heaps of time killing mobs, or join LFR as dps spec, with sub-par gear. Please give me a choice to roll as 2nd spec, which of course remove the possibility of gaining gear for main spec. It merely simulates me passing on tank gear in a regular raid.

Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards
Community Manager

They're supposed to. We just double-checked with the developers on this, as we've seen conflicting information go out to players. If you get loot from world bosses that isn't for your spec, that's a bug and the item flagging needs to be fixed. Be sure to report specific items on the Bug Report forum.

Apologies for any confusion in this regard.
If we got loot not for our spec and report this as a bug will we get a the correct loot example i have paladin tanking legs from Sha but i was ret reporting that will my legs get turned into the correct ones? If not then idk if i care enough to put in a ticket

Update 11.14.2012

I've verified that, while we're working with QA to ensure items have the correct class/spec designation, CS is unable to provide exchanges for items issued to the wrong class/spec.

--

Original response:

I doubt it. The fact that you won something you can't use for your spec doesn't necessarily mean you should be given something you can use. Customer Support would have to decide which spec-appropriate loot from the boss to give you, which doesn't seem like a fair compromise.

I understand that getting an item you're not supposed to be getting isn't fair either, but there isn't a very good solution I can think of to compensate for this on an individual basis. Either way, I don't decide CS policies and will let them to speak to that. You could inquire on the CS forum and reference this thread to see if they can provide any insight.
Edited by Zarhym on 11/14/2012 3:29 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
To be quite honest I absolutely love the bonus roll. If you look at my pve set, you will be jealous to know how much luck I've had with that. Tier legs, 502 Neck, 489 Wand, and the 489 Trinket all from bonus lewt. To me, and I hope Blizz quotes me on this, Bonus rolls provide an augmentation to the weakness of 10 man loot tables, that weakness being that often times in 10 man your comp isn't 100% diverse and therefore you are prone to wasted loot. At least with th bonus system, even though it's not guarenteed, you still at least have an opportunity for an extra upgrade. That opportunity is not only unique to Mists of Pandaria but it's also something the devs didn't need to give us, and for that I thank them. While my high skill plays a role, the bonus rolls are part of what keeps me pumping out top 20 parses week to week.

As far as strategy goes, I highly reccomend not using them on bosses you already have loot from unless there is a powerful upgrade on the line (such as a trinket, weapon, or that one piece you just cant seem to replace).

Lol, some players just have all the luck with bonus rolls /jealous

The rogue in my raid got his 489 dagger this week, flipped his coin and got another dagger! Perfect for changing to Assassination, I can picture his grin across the internetz!
90 Undead Mage
I doubt it. The fact that you won something you can't use for your spec doesn't necessarily mean you should be given something you can use. Customer Support would have to decide which spec-appropriate loot from the boss to give you, which doesn't seem like a fair compromise.I understand that getting an item you're not supposed to be getting isn't fair either, but there isn't a very good solution I can think of to compensate for this on an individual basis. Either way, I don't decide CS policies and will let them to speak to that. You could inquire on the CS forum and reference this thread to see if they can provide any insight.

Has the dev team ever thought about putting a buff on the loot coins, that would work like:
Each time you use a loot coin and get gold, you gain a buff that increases your chance to get gear by X%

While i dont really have an issue with anything, it can be really disheartening when you wunna try progress your characters gear and it takes a really long time to get anything that you would want to use
(ive used 4 loot coins this week, and have yet to do sha, or the 1st half of MSV lfr - and all i got so far was gold - granted i got a helm in the heart of fear LFR - but it was totally useless for my spec, great for transmog though :P)

Again, i dont really have any problems with this, but it can be disheartening to others
100 Human Death Knight
11/09/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Zarhym
We understand how it feels to spend the charms and rarely see anything other than gold or items you don't need. So, for example, we could maybe add pets and mounts that would have a low chance of dropping exclusively on a bonus roll.

As echoed by others, this doesn't seem like a good way to address current issues with charms.

At the moment most of us are looking forward to eventually being able to save up charms for heroic mode kills and/or later wing bosses as we get geared up from normal mode and earlier boss kills.
But imagine if you implemented an awesome mount or pet that had a chance to drop off heroic Stone Guard? To those of us that are collectors, it would start feeling as though each time we didn't spend a coin on that boss, we'd missed out on a chance for those items. Conversely, it would also feel bad if we did start "wasting" coins on a boss that drops items that will be all but useless soon.

I do like the idea of being able to stack the odds in your favour depending on which boss you just killed (curse you Elegon and Amber Shaper!), but recognise that this could result in just another set of issues (i.e. "I must burn my first two coins on useless bosses so that my third coin counts for something").
80 Blood Elf Rogue
What you are describing is a choice, not an issue. You're saying you want to have your cake, eat it too, and have someone feed it to you.
100 Human Paladin
11/09/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Mesphito
I doubt it. The fact that you won something you can't use for your spec doesn't necessarily mean you should be given something you can use. Customer Support would have to decide which spec-appropriate loot from the boss to give you, which doesn't seem like a fair compromise.I understand that getting an item you're not supposed to be getting isn't fair either, but there isn't a very good solution I can think of to compensate for this on an individual basis. Either way, I don't decide CS policies and will let them to speak to that. You could inquire on the CS forum and reference this thread to see if they can provide any insight.

Has the dev team ever thought about putting a buff on the loot coins, that would work like:
Each time you use a loot coin and get gold, you gain a buff that increases your chance to get gear by X%

While i dont really have an issue with anything, it can be really disheartening when you wunna try progress your characters gear and it takes a really long time to get anything that you would want to use
(ive used 4 loot coins this week, and have yet to do sha, or the 1st half of MSV lfr - and all i got so far was gold - granted i got a helm in the heart of fear LFR - but it was totally useless for my spec, great for transmog though :P)

Again, i dont really have any problems with this, but it can be disheartening to others

If you read his other posts, he said specifically they don't want the bonus loot roll to be any more efficient at gearing players than it already is.

Which goes completely against the idea of buffing the gear drop rate from it in any way.
Edited by Vindicare on 11/9/2012 6:05 PM PST
90 Undead Mage
If you read his other posts, he said specifically they don't want the bonus loot roll to be any more efficient at gearing players than it already is.Which goes completely against the idea of buffing the gear drop rate from it in any way.

Yes i read them, But rng is rng - when its bad enough that people arent seeing any personal progression, they can get bored and leave.

and even with the suggestion i made, it still wouldnt garentee you getting something you were after - it would just help that feeling of "nothing ever drops, and my loot coins only give me gold" for those that have terrible luck with rng
90 Gnome Warlock
11/09/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Psychomagus
Then it wouldn't be random, rofl.

It can still be random, just have a hidden multiplier that increases each time gold is selected as a reward. It wouldn't have to be a large increase, and gold would still drop, just RNG becomes less of a factor over time.
14 Night Elf Warrior
Strange, I found that this week I won the same item a separate 3 times in a row while doing LFR MV.
My shadow priest got a PvP ring though, which was nice.
90 Pandaren Shaman

Because people are basically complaining about getting more loot than they otherwise would have before charms. The entitlement runs deep.

But isnt the reason we play this game is to have fun and be rewarded with gear? The same reason we work to get paid to reward ourselves with power, internet, wow?

Do you now complain when you go to McDonalds and pay for a cheese burger without pickles but get pickles anyway?

We pay for the game, the expansions, sub every month to connect to the servers, and some of us work really hard in the game to be rewarded with mounts, gear, titles ect.
\

No, I'd stop your sentence at:

But isnt the reason we play this game is to have fun

Loot is a means in which the game progresses. If loot defines you fun in the game, we've effectively deduced your problem. It's a symptom of WotLK and Cataclysm.
90 Pandaren Shaman
If we got loot not for our spec and report this as a bug will we get a the correct loot example i have paladin tanking legs from Sha but i was ret reporting that will my legs get turned into the correct ones? If not then idk if i care enough to put in a ticket

I doubt it. The fact that you won something you can't use for your spec doesn't necessarily mean you should be given something you can use. Customer Support would have to decide which spec-appropriate loot from the boss to give you, which doesn't seem like a fair compromise.

I understand that getting an item you're not supposed to be getting isn't fair either, but there isn't a very good solution I can think of to compensate for this on an individual basis. Either way, I don't decide CS policies and will let them to speak to that. You could inquire on the CS forum and reference this thread to see if they can provide any insight.

Yea, but honestly, this was due to an obvious QA check failure on loot-spec relationship. Same thing happened in the instances for a few things. This is simple check your work kinda stuff. Anyone with more than 3 years experience on any sort of professional job knows this.
90 Tauren Druid
Well, when the "extra loot" thing was explained the first time, it said that if you didn't win something you'd win an item that contained flasks, gems and other things... So why doesn't it?
Edited by Morrie on 11/9/2012 7:03 PM PST
100 Draenei Shaman
11/09/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Tsunámi
considering that most people only win 28g with their bonus roll, I doubt you will get much sympathy here.

I'd rather have the 28 gold then have to shard a pice of gear this early in the expansion.

But the sha crystal is definitely worth more than the 28 gold. I just hate having to vendor a good piece of gear.
91 Human Paladin
11/09/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Zarhym
I do however wish that Sha (and Galleon?) random loot rolls would give you gear based on your spec instead of any spec from your class.

They're supposed to. We just double-checked with the developers on this, as we've seen conflicting information go out to players. If you get loot from world bosses that isn't for your spec, that's a bug and the item flagging needs to be fixed. Be sure to report specific items on the Bug Report forum.

Apologies for any confusion in this regard.

Could we get some clarification on this regarding Sha and PvP gear? I would imagine that most people with separate PvP and PvE specs would use their PvE ones for Sha, does this mean we have to use our PvP specs if we want a chance at getting PvP gear we can actually use?
And what about tank specs, which don't really have their own PvP set? Do they get a chance at DPS PvP gear, healing PvP gear, both, or neither?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]