Bonus roll issue.

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid

But isnt the reason we play this game is to have fun and be rewarded with gear? The same reason we work to get paid to reward ourselves with power, internet, wow?

Do you now complain when you go to McDonalds and pay for a cheese burger without pickles but get pickles anyway?

We pay for the game, the expansions, sub every month to connect to the servers, and some of us work really hard in the game to be rewarded with mounts, gear, titles ect.
\

No, I'd stop your sentence at:

But isnt the reason we play this game is to have fun

Loot is a means in which the game progresses. If loot defines you fun in the game, we've effectively deduced your problem. It's a symptom of WotLK and Cataclysm.

Yes gear upgrades is the way the game progresses. But your mistaken if I only play the game for the gear, you're sorely mistaken. Killing new bosses is where I find my fun in the game. Then comming back and trying them on heroic when our group finds the time is even better. I cant wait till more of my guildys get more interested in challenge modes. We did Temple of the Jade Serpent before raid one day and I will say, GG blizzard on those because those are whats gonna keep me playing when current content is on farm. But I will say one thing, winning a piece of gear to progress your character will alway give the satisfaction of, "Not only did we kill the boss, but we also got a piece of his gear. GG everyone, on to the next guy!"
90 Human Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004455608

I unsubscribed because of my LFR "bonus" roll shenanigans after I reported that I received an item that was not only for my spec but also a downgrade.

All they said was, "Yeah it's a bug but we're not gonna give you a charm back for it lol"
Edited by Austol on 11/9/2012 7:52 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
11/09/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Grimbold

They're supposed to. We just double-checked with the developers on this, as we've seen conflicting information go out to players. If you get loot from world bosses that isn't for your spec, that's a bug and the item flagging needs to be fixed. Be sure to report specific items on the Bug Report forum.

Apologies for any confusion in this regard.

Could we get some clarification on this regarding Sha and PvP gear? I would imagine that most people with separate PvP and PvE specs would use their PvE ones for Sha, does this mean we have to use our PvP specs if we want a chance at getting PvP gear we can actually use?
And what about tank specs, which don't really have their own PvP set? Do they get a chance at DPS PvP gear, healing PvP gear, both, or neither?

I've wondered this as well being a tank. Although I rarely pvp, but the other tanks in my guild do but have yet to say they have won any pvp gear while tanking.
90 Worgen Warlock

I only do LFR to help my guildys, I do not use my token for a LFR bonus roll and I have never mentioned LFR. Everything I do in game is with guildys. My only complaint is getting the same piece of gear back to back on bonus rolls. Maybe you should actually read my post or armory my character before casting judgement.

Maybe you should have read MY post.

Getting the same gear back to back with normal / bonus rolls is absolutely no different than getting it back to back from two separate boss kills.

Ergo, if you complain, you are displaying you have no idea how statistics or drop mechanics work.
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm happy. First time I beat sha, got T14 gloves. First time I used bonus coin on sha, T14 pants.
90 Draenei Death Knight
11/09/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Ngatayou
Galleon is apparently only downed by the hardcore

I downed him and I haven't killed any bosses above LFR difficulty
90 Night Elf Druid

I only do LFR to help my guildys, I do not use my token for a LFR bonus roll and I have never mentioned LFR. Everything I do in game is with guildys. My only complaint is getting the same piece of gear back to back on bonus rolls. Maybe you should actually read my post or armory my character before casting judgement.

Maybe you should have read MY post.

Getting the same gear back to back with normal / bonus rolls is absolutely no different than getting it back to back from two separate boss kills.

Ergo, if you complain, you are displaying you have no idea how statistics or drop mechanics work.

Ok Qaira enlighten me on exactly how LFR , Normal/Heroic , Bonus roll mechanics work since your knowledge on the subject is so great............

My problem is the way the current BONUS roll system works for a single boss. I came here to suggest that they should look into the way the system works and hopefully make some changes so you dont end up getting the same piece of gear over and over on BONUS rolls and maybe up the gold and add items to bags when you dont win loot, which was a great suggestion a few pages ago.
90 Worgen Warlock

Ok Qaira enlighten me on exactly how LFR , Normal/Heroic , Bonus roll mechanics work since your knowledge on the subject is so great............

My problem is the way the current BONUS roll system works for a single boss. I came here to suggest that they should look into the way the system works and hopefully make some changes so you dont end up getting the same piece of gear over and over on BONUS rolls and maybe up the gold and add items to bags when you dont win loot, which was a great suggestion a few pages ago.

Other than Zaryhm already stating so, they work exactly the same as a normal roll. They're simply allowing you a second per that reset.

I don't disagree that making the Cache of Mogu Riches, Cache of Sha-Touched Gold to be more like the Alchemist's Cache or CTA bags and such is a good idea, because it is.

But making the Greater Charms to be some kind of "I'll never get a duplicate loot" or "Moves me closer to guaranteed loot" are both completely revolting suggestions, especially since Zarhym (and other blues), have stated that is not and will not be their purpose. Full stop.
Edited by Qaira on 11/9/2012 8:34 PM PST
80 Pandaren Mage
A lot of people dont get loot at all, be glad you got anything.
90 Night Elf Druid

Other than Zaryhm already stating so, they work exactly the same as a normal roll. They're simply allowing you a second per that reset.

I don't disagree that making the Cache of Mogu Riches, Cache of Sha-Touched Gold to be more like the Alchemist's Cache or CTA bags and such is a good idea, because it is.

But making the Greater Charms to be some kind of "I'll never get a duplicate loot" or "Moves me closer to guaranteed loot" are both completely revolting suggestions, especially since Zarhym (and other blues), have stated that is not and will not be their purpose. Full stop.

How could a normal boss drops be the same as a token roll when a token roll is based of your spec?

But I do believe the bonus rolls should not duplicate an item you already have instead it just give you gold and as people been suggesting, also a flask, potions, herbs, ect.
90 Troll Druid
11/09/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Zarhym
But with that said, we're exploring ways to make the bonus roll feel like more of a random bonus, without just making it extremely efficient for gaining character power. We understand how it feels to spend the charms and rarely see anything other than gold or items you don't need. So, for example, we could maybe add pets and mounts that would have a low chance of dropping exclusively on a bonus roll.
As a raider who spends literally thousands of gold on consumables every raid night, I'd really really like it if my bonus rolls had some likelyhood of giving me 300 stat food. That would almost make me feel good about not winning loot.

Also randomizing the gold reward would be nice. Maybe you get 28.5g, maybe you get 200g, or maybe something in between; A bit less predictability on the 'lose' roll would help make it more refreshing and feel like a bonus.
90 Orc Warrior
So let me get this straight....you actually get gear from your bonus.....all this time I thought it was just an extra way to get some gold. "sarcasm"
90 Pandaren Shaman
Perhaps putting in an absolute "get an item from a boss" currency item wouldn't be so bad, so long as it was suitably challenging to obtain and exceptionally rare.
90 Worgen Druid
I don't mind the "roll system" of the coins. Yes it is annoying when you get the same thing, or something you already have. What I don't like is that if you are not an enchanter you have to sell it for what 10 gold or most of the time less than the gold you get from the coins. Unlike gear that drops from bosses that can be disenchanted. Why not set up a system that if out of your coin you get an item that you have a choice to take it, or disenchant it if you have an enchanter in your group. At least we get something out of the coin in that regards and wont feel like we wasted it.
I feel its more disappointing to get something you have and have to sell than to get the gold. :/
Edited by Onine on 11/9/2012 10:17 PM PST
90 Human Rogue
At least you an item to drop. I always get gold -.-
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have never gotten a piece of loot from the bonus rolls. I only get gold rolls.
90 Pandaren Monk
Another option that might work would be to have loot charms increase your weekly valor cap. Limit it to 3 valor cap increases per week, at say, 100 valor per charm.

This would increase your weekly cap to 1300, offer synergy with the current system of loot progression, and slightly reduce the amount of time to get a valor upgrade.

Of course, it would make sense to only have this Valor increase in the case of a lost roll, meaning you only get the valor cap increase on a roll that doesn't give you any loot.
Can the turn-in quest be repeatable, maybe? I mean, more than once per week?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]