Bonus roll issue.

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
Everytime I bonus roll I consistantly get the same item on the 3 different boss i need gear off of. Im gonna give examples here, Sha of Anger- Huge loot table with tier and pvp gear, so of course I use a token here. 3 weeks 3 sets of guardian tier pants, off bonus rolls. Sharded 2 pairs.

Feng in MV bonus rolled his agility ring, twice, to bads its unquie equipped. Keeping the other one atm for lols.

Bonus rolls are a great thing except for blizzard did not think about adding in a system if you already have the item, you should not be able to bonus roll it again. Getting muiltiple items like this is a punch in the face. Im always "Woot, finnaly won a bonus roll..........crap. I got that already!" Thanks for getting my hopes up.

This has happened to me every time I have used a coin.
If I won gold and used a coin I got more gold.
If I won an item and used a coin I got the exact same item again. Examples for the Blues to look up is the agility ring from the spirit boss LFR in MSV (boss 4) and leather agility pants LFR from the stone boss.

with 9 coins used I have yet to see a change in what I won VS what the coin gave me when used. Please talk to the developers I feel what we are being fed is a load of lies to keep us at peace. Everyone who reads this Please compile screen shots and other statistics so we may help truly fix this issue instead of complaining
90 Orc Warrior
I downed Sha of Anger at 89 and received a pvp neck. Every time since I have not received any gear. Only gold has dropped for me. I wouldn't complain if I got the same item thrice. At least Sha would be dropping gear. It's annyoing enough to get 40 people together and to fight for a tag.

This is not a rare boss. What's rare about Sha of Anger is loot actually dropping. I understand not every time but a month no loot. Blizzard it's almost detrimental to do this boss 28g is nothing double that is still nothing. It at the very least should give you valor or conquest x 150-200.
90 Tauren Death Knight
You are lucky. Since moP dropped, I've won nothing but the 28 gold off the rolls. I've used them whenever I've had them which is every week. Ill trade ya! :)
90 Orc Rogue
Good old rng, feels like it hates me though I swear I've used over 13-14 charms and only seen 2 extra pieces of loot. Done Sha every week and never seen tier or anything. Honestly been playing since WoW first came out so not expecting anything special, but a nice change would be rewarding the players something more then 28g every time they use a charm. A potential fallback system (guaranteed loot or something for example) for players that have spent weeks using their charms for nothing wouldn't go astray as well.
90 Night Elf Druid
If we got loot not for our spec and report this as a bug will we get a the correct loot example i have paladin tanking legs from Sha but i was ret reporting that will my legs get turned into the correct ones? If not then idk if i care enough to put in a ticket

I doubt it. The fact that you won something you can't use for your spec doesn't necessarily mean you should be given something you can use. Customer Support would have to decide which spec-appropriate loot from the boss to give you, which doesn't seem like a fair compromise.

I understand that getting an item you're not supposed to be getting isn't fair either, but there isn't a very good solution I can think of to compensate for this on an individual basis. Either way, I don't decide CS policies and will let them to speak to that. You could inquire on the CS forum and reference this thread to see if they can provide any insight.

Kind of frustrates me that people, including the Devs, are tailoring the drops to the spec you are in. Once I've geared up one spec I shouldn't have to start the process all over again from the normals in vendor greens to do the next spec... that's just insane.

I prefer that the drops suit the class not the spec. I don't mind when I get agility gear in my resto spec, it just goes into the bank until I have enough to tank again.
90 Draenei Monk
Sha drops loot??

I thought it was a weekly gold vendor.

It is to most of us who aren't "hardcore," apparently.

Galleon is apparently only downed by the hardcore, despite being easier to kill than Sha.

Wait, Sha is hard to kill?
90 Tauren Hunter
11/09/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Tsunámi
3 weeks 3 sets of guardian tier pants, off bonus rolls. Sharded 2 pairs.
Its a good thing you had
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
a third pair.
90 Dwarf Paladin
As long as we are on this topic (not sure if its been requested else where, though im SURE it has) :

Can you please have the option to "use" a bonus roll last a little longer?

When our guild kills a new boss for the first time, you want to take a moment to celebrate! But instead, what we get is people screaming on vent to "Hurry up and roll on this item so I know if I need to use my bonus roll when I lose or not".

It doesn't make any sense to only have like 30 seconds.
90 Draenei Priest
This is the response I received from Blizzard in response to an in-game ticket I recently opened regarding my receipt of an off-spec set item from the Sha of Anger:

I have looked over your petition concerning you not getting the correct loot from Sha of Anger.

I have looked into this for you. After looking everything over I do see that when you kill Sha of Anger you do get gear based on your class not your spec. The reason for this is since Sha of Anger is a world boss and not a raid boss you are not queuing up for any particular spec, so the game does not know what to give you when you are awarded an item. When you kill Sha of Anger the loot you receive is randomly generated based off of your class not your spec.

Is it possible to have my incorrectly awarded item exchanged for the correct, main-spec set item?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Granted LFR is meant as more of a fill-in or as a way for more casual folks to see content, and may not be able to be relied on as efficient a gearing path as Heroics or rep bonuses, but I do share some lament at clearing Mogu-shan and the first 1/2 of HoF, using 3 charms for extra rolls for that week and still coming up only with gold.

Having chances at pets, mounts or other non-player power items would be a welcome addition, though I'd say it would be made more fair if some random # of VP (within reason) was also awarded. With a lot of focus on dailies and other sources of obtaining VP in small amounts, getting maybe 5-10 VP or 20-40 JP in the bag would be more adequate? I recall some of the past holiday bosses would give you VP/JP if there was no gear in the bag drop.. Since you only get 1 loot roll per boss per week (plus whatever charms you use), it wouldn't allow for a huge amount of additional VP/JP but feel better than gold, which there are far quicker ways of obtaining through dailies or the AH..
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/09/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Zarhym
But with that said, we're exploring ways to make the bonus roll feel like more of a random bonus, without just making it extremely efficient for gaining character power. We understand how it feels to spend the charms and rarely see anything other than gold or items you don't need. So, for example, we could maybe add pets and mounts that would have a low chance of dropping exclusively on a bonus roll.

I think players may find more use if the bonus roll had an option or just a chance of dropping off-spec gear either solely for Raid Finder or for all difficulties. While I certainly don't mind playing Enhancement in LFR in order to improve my Enhancement set, I would much rather contribute to the raid more by staying Elemental and doing more DPS as my gear set and also skill is better. Sometimes I feel guilty gimping my contribution just to get better off-spec gear.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I really think a big part of the frustration is not seeing the rolls. Not having the /raid spam is nice in a way, but having run several Raid Finder bosses and Sha a few times and never seeing loot on regular roll or bonus roll - and not seeing the loot going to other people - it makes it feel sort of pointless. I KNOW intuitively that people got loot, but I don't see any evidence of it. Loot feels really, really rare.

Granted, I've sort of retired from raiding and feeling like I have to do a complete raid every single week. I've got perspective on this thing, don't get me wrong. But I'd feel a lot better about spending my 1 - 2 hours if I at least physically saw loot going to somebody.
Everybody wants thier repair bills covered.....YA GOT IT!
90 Draenei Shaman
the only loot i have seen didn't repeat in bonus roll so it's not always the case that u duplicate the same thing
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm not sure "improve the old roll system" is the right way to phrase it, at least in the context that you have any expectation that the bonus roll should be much more likely to give you what you want, if not at least know not to give you what you already have.

Using a bonus roll is effectively no different than if you were to be able to loot that boss twice in one week. Each bonus roll provides the same chances of getting gear from the exact same loot tables as a normal loot roll -- nothing more, nothing less.

So it's an improvement in that you can earn an extra shot at a boss's loot table in one week. But it's not intended to be a system that ensures you never get what you don't need. The random loot system can only be so convenient before it becomes too efficient. We believe chance should dictate whether or not you get something at all and, if you do, whether or not you need still need that item. That philosophy -- specific to boss drops -- hasn't changed much over the years, so it stands to reason that even a bonus roll would follow the same structure.

But with that said, we're exploring ways to make the bonus roll feel like more of a random bonus, without just making it extremely efficient for gaining character power. We understand how it feels to spend the charms and rarely see anything other than gold or items you don't need. So, for example, we could maybe add pets and mounts that would have a low chance of dropping exclusively on a bonus roll.

First of all, I'd like to say that I like the concept of individualized loot system for LFR / World Bosses and the bonus loot system. I like to help people, but the "old system" promoted dropping the undergeared or underskilled, in favor of higher loot roll chances. Individualized looting allows people to take players that would've been left out, but doesn't hurt the person's looting chances. The bonus roll gives a player an extra shot at loot, which is normally not a bad thing ...

Unfortunately, for players that use to play multiple specs (especially now that Bear and Cat are separated into 2 differing specs), it eliminates the ability to perform the role we originally geared for and still pick up off-spec items (in the event we're asked to swap). It hasn't been uncommon in the past for a tank to be asked to go DPS since not all bosses required the same amount of tanks ... and more recently, Healers to go DPS since newer 25m bosses made it possible to drop to 3-4 healers from the traditional 5-6. Previously, I would be able to tank a boss because the group needed a tank (or DPS because they needed a DPS), but still pick up the gear I needed. Now, I have reservations about swapping specs because pulling in one spec means the other spec's gear is no longer an option. This is one of the downfalls of the new looting system: The inability to acquire off-spec items while performing a person's primary role. My suggestion: Allow a person to set what spec they are rolling for (ie. a simple Primary / Secondary option that looks at the person's current primary or secondary specs and rolls based on that spec).

Also, the old loot system allowed items to be disenchanted in case something dropped that no one wanted or everyone already had. Now, there is no option to have it disenchanted since it directly loots into the individual's bag. I have rarely gone to a 25m or 40m where there weren't any Enchanters, so we were always able to use the loot (or resulting crystals from the loot). I would like to see the option given back to the player to either "Keep" or "Disenchant" the item. If this option is too bland for your tastes, I would suggest the options of "Keep", "Sell", or "Disenchant", where the "Sell" option would turn the loot in for an Elder Charm of Good Fortune or (a set amount or random number of) Lesser Charm of Good Fortune.

Edit: Clarification.
Edited by Kaylae on 11/13/2012 4:05 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
what about PvP gear? As a brewmasters and windwalkers technically share the pvp gear, but the bonuses only apply to windwalker.
18 Gnome Warlock
I'm convinced that people that complain about loot not dropping or the same loot dropping over and over never played through Vanilla. Or TBC either for that matter.

If they HAD, they would understand the nature of RNG.

I've been playing since Nov 05. The new bonus roll loot system was suppose to impove the old roll system.

You say that is if it means you are supposed to get loot more often. The new LFR loot system was put in place to end the griefing of players. No more guilds needed on items they did not need to help other guildies and what not. This new system rolls independently for everyone and each person has a chance to win loot. All 25 or 0 could win a drop. The bonus roll has the same chance to give you loot from your roles table. This does not mean you have a better chance at getting an item, just a second roll for the same chance if you choose to use it.

From what I have seen in LFR, Sha, and Galleon, loot is being distributed about the same as it always has been. Quite often items drop that no one can use or need(your bags of gold) and a player getting around 1 piece a week. Nothing has changed here except the perception of some players that because you get a bonus roll now, that should guarantee you either gear or the other item you need that you don't have already.
90 Tauren Paladin
I love the idea of the system but there's one sticking point that's holding it back for me.

There are many pieces flagged for Retribution that are dramatically superior than what's available for Protection. I doubt I'm the only class that has this issue, either.

I don't see obvious ways to fix this. The best I can imagine is making the random loot list configurable. Currently, I'm running different bosses in LFR as different specs to get gear for my main spec.

This isn't a major problem for me, I just wanted to offer my feedback. I only resubbed a month ago so I imagine my priorities aren't necessarily in line with everyone else.
90 Human Warrior
If we got loot not for our spec and report this as a bug will we get a the correct loot example i have paladin tanking legs from Sha but i was ret reporting that will my legs get turned into the correct ones? If not then idk if i care enough to put in a ticket

Update 11.14.2012

I've verified that, while we're working with QA to ensure items have the correct class/spec designation, CS is unable to provide exchanges for items issued to the wrong class/spec.

--

Original response:

I doubt it. The fact that you won something you can't use for your spec doesn't necessarily mean you should be given something you can use. Customer Support would have to decide which spec-appropriate loot from the boss to give you, which doesn't seem like a fair compromise.

I understand that getting an item you're not supposed to be getting isn't fair either, but there isn't a very good solution I can think of to compensate for this on an individual basis. Either way, I don't decide CS policies and will let them to speak to that. You could inquire on the CS forum and reference this thread to see if they can provide any insight.

Im sorry but why should we the consumer be punished for something that was and still is your fault. Sure Blizzard monopolizes the market in the MMO area, but any "good caring" business if they mess up, they actually try to do something about it. They actually try to make things right with their clients. Here you are not. You posted that QA would have to go in and check and so on and that it would essentially be a large time consuming task. Its nice knowing that because doing the right thing is time consuming that you wont.

Blizzard should correct their mistakes. Yes if you gave the "go ahead" to allow people given the wrong loot to have it switched out, some people would submit tickets and try to abuse the system. They still would however need to have won a piece of loot before they could send in a ticket so you are not even just tossing out extra loot that wasn't there in the first place in one form or another. But using " people would take advantage, or it would be time consuming" as an excuse not to help out those who actually were victims because of blizzards error is just terrible business practices. All it says is that you simply don't care about actually making things right with those who have been wronged through your errors. Sure you might be working on stopping this from happening again, but what about all of us who have already taken it up the butt because of your mistake?

Its been 6 days and I got this GM ticket response.

Salutations Nysos! ^^

My name is Game Master Xygerbi and I hope you are having a wonderful day! I understand you had some concerns regarding some loot that you received from the Sha! This is something I can definitely explain!

To start; the system right now can and does award players items that may not be for their intended spec. This was confirmed by our dev team and it's not a bug. However, they may return to this issue in the future or near future to re-evaluate how the loot is distributed from the Sha (as you may have heard some whispers on the web) and change it and tighten it up so that loot may distribute only for your spec. I know they aren't going to retroactively change or swap out loot because again this was how they intended the design to begin with but after feedback but they may change the system moving forward. I apologize but I thank you for your time and wish you a wonderful day.

Cheers,

Game Master Xygerbi
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
http://battle.net/support

6 days and you still have not been able to inform all of your ingame support about this issue. Everyday more and more people are victims of this and no solution to make things right with any of us. I don't know about you guys but 6 days to even pass along information in this day and age is a problem.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]