Being banned and no response to difficulty

(Locked)

90 Tauren Druid
Has anyone else had this issue, emailing the correct email and never receiving a response to why the 24 hour ban happened? How can anyone change their posts if they follow the guidelines posted but get banned and are never told what they did wrong?
Life can suck sometimes. I was on line in NYC yesterday to get gas, only to find out at the front that they had implemented a gas rationing system where odd plates can only fill on odd dates, and even plates on even days. Lost two hours of my life.

It wasn't the cop's fault that I hadn't checked the news or turned on a radio to find out what was going on.
90 Gnome Warlock
I asked the same question once, You know what response i got?

A link to the forum rules and code of conduct, im sure what i did was in there somewhere, didn't know what, but it was lol.

Apparently, you are also not suppose to talk about forum bans as well, i never understood why. You would think if you read why someone else got banned, it would warn others and help them from making the same mistake.
Edited by Breell on 11/10/2012 10:53 AM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
Re-read your post and ask yourself if you'd say that to your grandmother. Odds are if you wouldn't then you probably shouldn't post it.
90 Pandaren Monk
Although bans can be pretty random at times; I got a 24 hour ban for posting a "leaked panda monk pvp video" (guy getting attacked by a panda through the fence at a zoo) right after the mop announcement.

Apparently it was trolling.
90 Human Warlock
11/10/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Paraloser
Has anyone else had this issue, emailing the correct email and never receiving a response to why the 24 hour ban happened? How can anyone change their posts if they follow the guidelines posted but get banned and are never told what they did wrong?

If you're still waiting 3-4 days after sending the email, then it sounds like it never got there and you should probably send another.

Otherwise just be extra-cautious and pile on the etiquette - make sure you're avoiding non-game topics or anything controversial, be respectful of other posters and Blizzard employees, and generally don't hit the post button if you're upset about something.
90 Human Monk
Take it form someone who has received so many form bans in the last 7 years: Don't worry about it.
90 Gnome Warlock
11/10/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Ducksaüce
Re-read your post and ask yourself if you'd say that to your grandmother. Odds are if you wouldn't then you probably shouldn't post it.

Can you imagine if everyone was forced to follow this guideline? I'm guessing 3/4 of the posts here would be deleted, and the posters banned.

Someone recently tried to troll one of my topics where i suggested fixes for the npcs getting blocked by mounts. Apparently that offended them, and they threatened if blizzard fixed it they would receive no more of his money.
Edited by Breell on 11/10/2012 10:58 AM PST
89 Undead Mage
Edit, wait we cannot even talk about them? How do we stop it from happening then?

http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

Clearly states in the CoC no... I would suggest reading the CoC in its entirety.
90 Troll Death Knight
11/10/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Breell
Apparently, you are also not suppose to talk about forum bans as well, i never understood why. You would think if you read why someone else got banned, it would warn others and help them from making the same mistake.

From what I understand, you're not supposed to post about the issue itself that got you banned.

But to say you've been banned (not why) or to discuss forum bans as a concept should be perfectly fine, especially given how often people flock to offending threads to eagerly tell the OP what will await them.
Edited by Jubba on 11/10/2012 10:59 AM PST
90 Human Warlock
11/10/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Breell

Can you imagine if everyone was forced to follow this guideline? I'm guessing 3/4 of the posts here would be deleted, and the posters banned.

Yeah. It would be make these forums a pleasant place to spend time :D
89 Undead Mage
Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums
90 Human Warlock

I think - but don't quote me on this - that particular rule is there to stop people making threads about how their friend was "unjustly" banned and how everyone should post in support of what a wonderful person they are.
90 Goblin Hunter
Although bans can be pretty random at times; I got a 24 hour ban for posting a "leaked panda monk pvp video" (guy getting attacked by a panda through the fence at a zoo) right after the mop announcement.

Apparently it was trolling.

You might have been going for funny but definitely was still trolling. I remember those posts as well, you weren't alone in making that joke.

When I have been banned it was always with a link to the post that caused the ban. I had a good idea which post it was before they told me though.
90 Goblin Hunter

You might have been going for funny but definitely was still trolling. I remember those posts as well, you weren't alone in making that joke.

When I have been banned it was always with a link to the post that caused the ban. I had a good idea which post it was before they told me though.

Ah you got told? how long did it take?

Think it was a quote in the email I got on the subject. It was back on the old forums, haven't been banned lately so the policy on how they handle things might very well have changed.
90 Draenei Death Knight
11/10/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Paraloser

If you are banned, they send your account email notification, right?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]