Leveling build 1-90?

90 Pandaren Warrior
what is the leveling build of choice these days?

i will be leveling a lock from 1-90 over the next couple weeks.

never had experience with one so all info help

thanks =)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
bump
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Demonology, with a Voidwalker for soloing and felguard for dungeons.

Talents: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#oE5|

If you plan on doing a lot of dungeons, then take harvest life instead of soul leech. Its even worth dual speccing just to change that one talent, since Soul Leech is the best soloing talent, and harvest life the best dungeon talent.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Dude tbh, it doesn't matter.
Whatever you prefer:
Affliction relies on dot's and regen to slowly eating away enemy life force
Demo relies on maximising pet dps
Destro is a full nuke class
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Since dungeoning is faster than questing
10-42 Demonology (with harvest life)
42-62 Destro
62+ aff
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
No spec has any downtime.

You don't get soul swap until level 79, I wouldn't want to play affliction before that point.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Demonology is the best general purpose warlock spec. If you must pick one spec to level with, that's the one.

Aside from that, I hear good things about destruction for questing. Affliction works just fine, but like Hoimen, I feel it's pretty reliant on SoulBurn & SoulSwap for efficient leveling.

That being said, pick what you enjoy. Just try to enjoy demonology. :)
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Priest
I think destro is actually a bit faster at the moment (up to 75, anyway, where my lock is right now) while questing just because the mobs are spread out enough that you can single-target pretty much everything. The speed at while destro takes down a single target is... quite crazy.

That said, I think I like the playstyle of demo more. Tossing out a bunch of corruptions and then letting my imp army go to town while the voidwalker keeps everything at bay is a blast. And if you can stack enough mobs to make AoE worthwhile, the speed is more on par with destro.

Regardless, all three specs have worked out great and there is no reason you can't use any of them. I would favor destro/demo over aff before 79 simply because of the lack of SoulBurn/SoulSwap as the above poster mentions though (pure quality of life, not due to lack of ability).
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
We are warlocks, going oom in any spec has been impossible since vanilla thanks to life tap.

As far as questing goes, Destro kills single targets faster than Demo's caster form, but Meta form is faster still, and Demo has a big advantage in that pulling a large amount of adds by accident merely adds to you DPS rather than causing a corpse run.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
CLC
Destro for sure. I find Destro kills even quicker than Demo's Meta form, but only because I always keep at least 2 embers on me so I can Chaos Bolt + Shadowburn. Plus with Havoc, you can make kill quests finish incredibly fast. Oh, and on my Lock, Chaos Bolt has been one shotting at-level mobs all throughout Outlands. Definitely a plus.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I lvled as destro - It feels clunky as demonology lvling at low levels. Soulburn takes a life time to cast, demonic fury generates slowly.. I don't know, I just found destro faster!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Affliction is the best..... U can aggro like 5 mobs at once without a problem.....with all ur dots on them, that is. Affliction or demo for leveling, i prefer affliction, i had no problems leveling as affliction
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'll say go with Demonology. Many questing areas are now Cross Realm Zones with many players trying to kill the same bunch of mobs. What you'll want to do is to have your Felguard or Wrathguard (upgraded Felguard) AoE the whole bunch of mobs you need to kill, then nuke them down quickly.

If you stand around and single-target mobs, you'll be left standing there waiting for respawn as others charge in and basically AoE the crap out of the zone.

BTW remember to hit the mobs at least once before your demo kills it or it won't count towards your goal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
quite honestly before i would say never touch destruction and go with demon or aff. However des is all i can use now while questing. Reason being popping a trinket or cooldown then chaos bolt is a thing of beauty and not pulling aggro from the Voidlord.

the aoe i can do is great and the constant conflag proccs is helpful, but overall try sitting there and using soulburn 2-3 mobs in a row and the embers seem endless. Then pop conflag and you get a dam near 1 second chaos bolt and again the voidlord is downright awesome because i'm doing well over 200k crits and not pulling aggro.

already tried demon and aff and the speed i can kill now as Destruction is no comparison
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
To my knowledge, you do not even use Soulburn for anything until you get Molten Core and can actually shoot it. Otherwise, I just run around as Demon with Dark Apo. Saves me lots of time and my felguard can storm through all the stuff that I [Tab+Corruption]. A nice aura of Elements at later levels makes it that much easier to kill things.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
your thinking of soulfire. soulburn you can only cast if the mob is at 35% health. if your soulburn kills it, you build an ember. so instead of 1 now you have 2, do it again up to 3 etc. then fight a new mob do one immolate, one chaos bolt, one soulburn, game over same embers.

Thing of beauty.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Oh. Also with Dark Apo changes shadow bolt to an instant cast so you can push out them wild imps faster! It is very fun to go around with a swarm of wild imps killing things quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
your thinking of soulfire. soulburn you can only cast if the mob is at 35% health. if your soulburn kills it, you build an ember. so instead of 1 now you have 2, do it again up to 3 etc. then fight a new mob do one immolate, one chaos bolt, one soulburn, game over same embers.

Thing of beauty.

Yeah. I was wrong. I shall be silent about Destro since I have not actually dipped my toes into that area.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]