Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

90 Blood Elf Warrior
those were the words i was looking for...........
90 Undead Warlock
And six hours later and nothing... XD these guys are brutal.
90 Tauren Druid
Just a bit more topic related feedback:

Before taking a year off of WoW, I'd led guilds, wrote guides and basically considered myself to be a skilled, progressively focused player. I came back for MoP. I raised my Warrior to 88 before the gameplay of the class drove me to raise my Druid up to 90. Achieved Loremaster of Pandaria in getting to 90 - which any long time player knows, the game starts at level cap.

The problem is not lack of interesting content. It's not lack of challenging content either. Between challenge modes, scenarios, LFD/LFR, Pet Battles and the Farmville mini-game; there's plenty of THINGS to do that are fun.

The game lost interest for me when I could literally do nothing about my gear for another week because of the requirement for rep AND vp. What drives me is that reward driven dedication to the next upgrade. I do the homework, find out the easiest required piece to get me to the next step of gear and I work toward it - but now I've been gated by points AND rep so I can't just LFD after a long day and get my points. I HAVE to LFD AND do my dailies to get the rep to get the gear.

I feel the JP/VP upgrade system to be implemented will fix part of this - but it's fully disheartening for Blizz to have combined the VP system with rep. I'm no stranger to rep grinds. I GET rep grinds. I get having to do dailies FOR rep grinds - but BC allowed OTHER things to take place while I was grinding out Ogri'la. MoP feels like I have to just kick a can until you're ready to let me pass because the options for upgrades are so restricted.

TLDR;
Not enough options for gear beyond Rep+VP rewards.

PS:
Seeing that 28g 4x in a row off of 2 bosses because of that stupid satchel is rage-worthy. Idk what your plans are but if I see a sack of gold instead of an item - it "rewards" me with an amount of disappointment that will eventually make me quit this game.
Edited by Monkeybone on 11/13/2012 11:04 AM PST
19 Gnome Priest
I'll also say I agree with rep being account wide. If I can use the "exalted" mounts/pets from the different factions, I see no reason I should have to re-grind all that stupid rep just to enjoy each factions other offerings on my alts...
90 Dwarf Priest
Edited by Fibromyalgía on 11/30/2012 7:54 PM PST
I wont be getting MoP until stuff is fixed. Just not gonna do it. Grinding for anything isnt fun for me and Im just not gonna do it. Its a waste of time. If you like it then good for you!

The problem that blizz is refusing to address is their stuff is just boring. Grinding for rep is boring so you will have folks leave. Playing a game is supposed to be fun not boring. You fanboys refuse to see that and then make rude comments to those who dislike the grinds. Thats pathetic and speaks volumes to your character!!

The problem is cata was people didnt do anything but wait on q times for FUN STUFF!! Solution offered is create boring mindless grinds! Good job! The solution should have been to create more fun stuff like dungeons,RAIDS,arenas or BGs. I guess thats not easy though. I dunno!

How about removing the grind crap!! Make it a goal to create a dungeon and a raid a month? Is that too difficult? How about creating more lower level dungeons so people who level alts dont have to do the same stuff over and over and over and over again?? Is that too difficult?

How about make lower level heroics for those in heirlooms with no gear drops just more gold? Is that too difficult? Their are alot of FUN things that people like that will improve the game but I dont see it. All I see is more grinding and more toys to generate more money! This is why I havent went to MoP!!
90 Undead Warlock
11/13/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Darkmalux
How about make rep tabards available for alts only? make them only able to obtain rep to revered. place all gear from friendly to revered, place vanity items like mounts / pets etc. in the exalted slot. Make those exalted vanity items rep dependent on use.

No. They don't want you grinding rep in Heroics anymore.
I too feel the pressure to do dailies and the loss of "game play" that has now been replaced by doing dailies. My passion is end game raiding and when I'm not doing that I usually enjoy mixing up 5 mans, bgs and making gold on ah. With that said I now am raiding 8 hours a week, doing sha and lfr and nothing else but dailies. My issue with feeling pressure to do dailies has nothing to do with gaining rep. For me it is all about the valor points and tokens. It is impossible to hit valor cap by purely raiding and you get absolutely ZERO tokens. I find it ironic that the two main uses of pve gear is 5 man and raids and yet from these two venues of PVE do not reward tokens. I also find it ironic that they have given us so many avenues of things to do and choices to make, but to get tokens I now have to do dailies. While it is true I can still progress at a slower rate by not doing dailies, it frustrates me as a player that I now have to sacrifice the things I enjoy for dailies. As for valor points I feel that the points I can gain in raid is to low for the amount of time I spend raiding. I know that this will get better as we progress faster and more content opens up, but the time per point on the raid side vs the time per point on the daily side is not in balance given current content avaialable. This ratio is hard to measure as it varies from player to player. Also hitting the valor point cap would be more feasible if I could run 5 mans, but given the need to do so many dailies to obtain tokens and build faction rep makes this feel like an unsurmountable mountain that I don't have enough time to climb. In summary, Id like to see other ways to earn tokens and the raid valor point awards adjusted.
86 Worgen Warrior
LOL look its called 463 ilvl herioc gear/ enchants/ reforge/ gems, takes 2 days to get, 10 friends, mogu shan vaults, pots and flasks, memble/vent/skype / BEERANDGOODTIMES / Deeadly Boss Mods / 1 Competent raid leader............ GOOD TO GO ROGER ROGER
Edited by Gurdin on 11/13/2012 11:03 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Mage
has noone seen the post about how if u get revered with one the your alts get rep twice as fast and u get to exalted twice as fast somehting like that being implemented here soon?
90 Worgen Death Knight
I wont be getting MoP until stuff is fixed. Just not gonna do it. Grinding for anything isnt fun for me and Im just not gonna do it. Its a waste of time. If you like it then good for you!

The problem that blizz is refusing to address is their stuff is just boring. Grinding for rep is boring so you will have folks leave. Playing a game is supposed to be fun not boring. You fanboys refuse to see that and then make rude comments to those who dislike the grinds. Thats pathetic and speaks volumes to your character!!

The problem is cata was people didnt do anything but wait on q times for FUN STUFF!! Solution offered is create boring mindless grinds! Good job! The solution should have been to create more fun stuff like dungeons,RAIDS,arenas or BGs. I guess thats not easy though. I dunno!

How about removing the grind crap!! Make it a goal to create a dungeon and a raid a month? Is that too difficult? How about creating more lower level dungeons so people who level alts dont have to do the same stuff over and over and over and over again?? Is that too difficult?

How about make lower level heroics for those in heirlooms with no gear drops just more gold? Is that too difficult? Their are alot of FUN things that people like that will improve the game but I dont see it. All I see is more grinding and more toys to generate more money! This is why I havent went to MoP!!

You don't even have to grind rep..
26 Draenei Shaman
11/13/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Mylene
2 hours a day 7 days a week will always come out ahead of 7 hours a day 2 days a week. The board is tilted. How much time you put in is irrelevant to the fact that you the gap becomes nearly impossible to close.

Until they provide you with gear to allow you into new content like they've done before and like they're doing right now (ahem...LFR)

Holy crap. A 54% 'increase' over last year. LOL

Yeah, Blizz is dying...

IT'S DROWNING IN MONEY.

If you recall, though, Blizzard had a really bad few quarters with Cata and D3, that they chalked up to timing and other excuses, lol. Not saying they aren't successful, just that you have to remember the context of "growth."
90 Undead Warlock
Dont like dailies? welcome to wow, personally i like that they dont just give out free loots for you and all your alts. If u dont like the game, go play SWTOR and cry in a corner. We dont want you anyway.
90 Human Priest
You may not like daily quests. But that alone isn't justification for making daily quests irrelevant for those running group content. By running dungeons with tabards, you effectively got to double-dip in Cataclysm by gaining access to rep rewards, VP rewards, and dungeon drops. It was super convenient, and also left players with a system that didn't really reward you for doing more than the bare minimum of raiding and running seven dungeons each week.

Now there is incentive to vary the content you do. The idea that, "I have a tabard so this endgame content doesn't apply to me," is gone.

I disagree: it just replaces choice with chores.
90 Worgen Warlock
Why did players like Tabards?

No daily cap
Integrated with what they were doing anyway

Why did Developers dislike Tabards?

Disconnect from the faction itself, LORE stuff

That is how I see it anyways. And from this standpoint: There isn't really a disconnect between the players and developers. What the developers want and what the players want are not set up to require that the other one doesn't happen.

So find some way to get the Lore of the faction to integrate into what we are doing anyways, and give us a way to have a constant trickle of rep without cap per day.

Even with Tabards, my majority rep gains were from quests. Because I don't dungeon often, I hate how most tabards look, and I enjoy the quests. Plus they are big chunks, and i like that better than constant trickle.

Challenge Mode / Brawler's Guild approach could be used in part. It would really feel like nothing more than an instanced daily, but as long as you can perform the action an unlimited number of times per day... it gets there a little bit.

Ring/Arena approach would work as well. This is a static environment, and you can then randomize (and escalate) the opponents, while keeping to a Lore based Theme, maybe even having some interaction with an announcer/audience to tie in more of the feel for the faction.

Companions. Have a little guy from the faction tag along with us and chat with us during our travels. Brings in lore, and provides some rep each time we get a kill, or do something else faction appropriate. Make us only get to have one at a time.

Heck, make our companion grant us an extra ability is a good way to develop player "loyalty" to various factions. Maybe the little dude helps fight, loots for us, carries extra items (spare bag), serves as a vendor/bank/mailbox, heals for us, CC's for us, enhances our movespeed, gives invisibility...

Really you just pick up the Shado-Pan companions and allow us to have something like that from every faction, bringing them along with us to dungeons or other quests.

If the developers hadn't liked the dungeon aspect, then move away from that being what you leverage. Allow us to have tabards which shift a percentage of the rep gains any quest SHOULD give to instead give rep for the faction we are championing. Then suddenly you can work on Tillers Rep while doing Argent Tournament dailies, or fishing/cooking dailies, or even the already Exalted, but really fun, KlaxxiCloud Serpent Dailies.

If you use this later approach, then either everything MUST have a tabard/companion/whatever available, or certain things must be blocked from conversion. For example the Lorewalkers is designed to have exactly X quests and for completion of those X quests to get you exactly to Exalted. There are no additional sources for Rep, if somehow you don't hit exalted after those, you are just out of luck. So converting away from them is a BAD IDEA. And other things, like the initial rep jump with Stonemother in Deepholm quest-line, are just too large of a jump to allow it to be shifted to somewhere else (as well as screwing up your ability to progress with that particular rep by leaving you below neutral)
Edited by Haayt on 11/13/2012 11:04 AM PST
90 Night Elf Priest
11/13/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Baddiez
i wonder how much people would troll if they chaged everything back to how hard it was in nilla where the game was challenging and raids were hard and you had 40 ppl not 25 fighting over loot

I was here in vanilla, and it was fun. I cannot remember there being dailies. Were you here then? Can you remember there being any dailies?

Instead, we had these things called instances....

Yes, we had to put a lot of time in back in vanilla to be successful, just like now. Perhaps more so.

The difference is that putting that time in seemed like fun doing instances, rather than drudgery doing dailies.
90 Worgen Death Knight
Hilarious how people say you need daily gear to get into higher LFR/LFD Things.

I think i bought ONE blue from the august celestial and i'm near lfr now.
3 days ago i hit 90, one thing bought from a rep vendor.

YOU DO NOT NEED DAILIES, I DID NOT NEED DAILIES, NO ONE NEEDS TO DO DAILIES. IT. IS. NOT. REQUIRED.

Can we beat those who think it is with fish?

Oh, BTW.

I would be at LFR if a 2h weapon would drop FYI.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/13/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Nxm
Achievement Points: 11,555

Sounds like you either a. Live on WoW or b. Burned yourself out or c. Have no life or external form of happiness.

Take a break man

Bro you missed something huge

11/11/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Monk
after almost 8 years of playing

Please read the Op's post at the very least before you post.

EDIT:
also don't forget there wasn't account-wide achievements back then. Didn't you notice if you had more then one character your achievement points stacked up after that event?
Edited by Palatard on 11/13/2012 11:14 AM PST
not true
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]