Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm leaving on Jan, when my sub runs out.

I will come back for a month to kill Garrosh on LFR/Normal nerfed mode and leave again.

I started to play on 4.2, and I love the challenge (for me) of ZA/ZG. And the fact that the grind was minimal.

When 4.3 comes, the heroics were nerfed. Half of my fun was gone.

Then, now... We have nerfed heroics and a lot of grind (and I dislike it).
Edited by Medíc on 11/12/2012 6:03 AM PST
46 Human Paladin
i just figured it out.

Xanzul gets his panties in a bunch over long time players because he still doesnt have any cheevo points.

pretty hard-core fanboyishness for someone who doesnt have a single cheevo point.
90 Pandaren Rogue
And you can leave too. People in your mmo isn't a valid complaint. Deal with it.

Why don't you be a big boy/girl and stop hiding on a level 1? Since you seem to have all the answers let's see how progressed your main is. Or are you just so much of a dbag that you can't post on your main account so you have to have another?
90 Human Death Knight
Leveling 9 toons to 90

complains about doing dailies

Sounds like a legit complaint
Edited by Bulgingpants on 11/12/2012 6:09 AM PST
90 Gnome Priest

The new valor upgrade system in 5.1 sounds like a catch up mechanism to me.

It was never intended to be a catch-up mechanism. It was intended to be the progression model for raid gear going forward.

It also doesn't exist in game at this point. How can something not available be used as a catch-up mechanism? One does not catch up when one is already starting 3 months behind and the "catch-up" mechanism itself is gated to be as slow as the original mechansim for acquiring the gear. You remain behind.

It still does no good to those players who would like to be participating in HoF LFR right now but can't because of a lack of gear.

In the meantime we can keep LFR queue filled with all those 2/6 group wipes caused by players who think daily content is hard and proves their awesome because they have their shiny 489 epics and can queue where other players can't.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Weird that the OP has a deleted thread called "MoP best and worst expansion ever"

Why do people even feel the need to tell us they are quitting? People are so self centered, they seem to think we are all going to care about this?

As someone said, did you tell all the world when you stopped playing Mario Bros?

Get a grip man, if you don't like the game move on! No need to cry over the forums!
90 Gnome Priest
11/12/2012 04:40 AMPosted by Hatsune
CRZ is whats killing it for a lot of us. We played a hame "improperly" for eight years, and a Marine Biologist who took over 4 years after we started decided he knew better than the customers what "fun" was.

I'm sorta neutral on CRZ but that marine biologist has done more good for WOW than anyone I know. I mean LFR is there right?

Garalon this past week has been good for Wow?

I got lucky. My group got him down second try. Another guildie got a kill, not sure how many tries her group had. A third got his kill after his group repeatedly wiped and sat in queue waiting to refill for close to two hours.

No one else in our guild has been able to get a Garalon kill. Some don't even show a kill on the first two bosses because they kept getting a 2/6 queue over and over so never got anywhere because the 2/6 groups they went into kept wiping.

This is good for WoW?

Take the VP gear away from the daily crowd so they can't queue either without getting gear out of LFR, just like those who hate dailies. Bet the success rate on Garalon would have shot up dramatically.
46 Human Paladin
Weird that the OP has a deleted thread called "MoP best and worst expansion ever"

Why do people even feel the need to tell us they are quitting? People are so self centered, they seem to think we are all going to care about this?

As someone said, did you tell all the world when you stopped playing Mario Bros?

Get a grip man, if you don't like the game move on! No need to cry over the forums!

you are far off in a few places.

well, one might not have say 15 good friends in mario cart, right? just luigi lol.
also - i dont think people can play mario cart everyday, hours a day, for 7 years.

people have some strong emotional attachments tied into this game. it really doesnt take a neuro-science degree from Harvard to understand this stuff.
90 Pandaren Rogue
11/12/2012 06:42 AMPosted by Xamont
I played half way through vanilla and haven't stopped yet, I think MoP is the best expansion since BC, I like that people can't gear their main and all 1000000 of their alts in less than a week because it makes it more like Vanilla/BC, my guess is the people who claim they have played since Vanilla who are raging about dailies etc are lying and probably started in WOTLK where gear was handed out like candy.

Yes because Vanilla was so wonderful. 5 minute buffs, reapplying poison, running out of combat to go drink. 40 man raids. Horrible itemization, Forced specs, I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot of things that have been greatly improved since then. Not saying it was perfect, but it definitely had its flaws and if it kept on and never changed, I highly doubt WoW would be #1
90 Draenei Shaman

People quit Cata because they got exalted with all the reps in a week as a result of grinding heroics with a tabard and then whined they had nothing to do. What is your point? Blizzard gave us an optional gearing path that is in no way required to progress the regular way.

You really think people left cata because they got their reps fast? You thinkng REPUTATIONS were Cata's problem?

Please, stop trolling dude, the problems Cata had were not their reputation system, they were deeper.
90 Goblin Priest
Ya ok so your gonna quit, see ya later yada yada yada. To all of you that keep insisting that dailies are purely optional and you dont have to do them, apparently you have no crafting professions. The sole reason i do dailies is because i have no other way to get crafting recipes for my profession which i think is pure BS. Well then you say I dont have to have crafting professions to which i reply you dont have to play the toon your playing, but you do because you choose to and its your right because you pay your monthly dues as do I. Dont tell me that I am a whiner because i hate be FORCED to run dailies and it's only optional.
90 Goblin Priest
Oh and another note BC was by far the best expansion this game ever had. I started playing 6 months before BC came out I dont have alot of exp in vanilla so I cant comment on that but every expansion since BC has been downhill catering to lazy crybabies.
90 Worgen Death Knight
Am i the only one who likes the dailies?
and the new system for loot?

Only problem with the new loot system is that whole pouch of gold. No, just no. No gold pouch ever no.

I'm okay with the dailies for the reason i've been wanting a reason to go out into the world other than mindless questing 39409 levels below me, i have that reason now.
10 Pandaren Warrior

Exactly this, and if you have friends, I mean people you like to socialize with, there's Facebook and other forms of communication to stay in touch.

I've seen people Quit BC, Quit Wotlk, Quit Cata. It's no different people quitting now. It's just a matter of Opinion.
90 Worgen Death Knight
11/12/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Xyìa
Oh and another note BC was by far the best expansion this game ever had. I started playing 6 months before BC came out I dont have alot of exp in vanilla so I cant comment on that but every expansion since BC has been downhill catering to lazy crybabies.

By best.. do you mean the 1% of people getting to do sunwell?

I'm not going to lie, i loved BC. Everything was new and exciting! but when i started to learn how to do what to do things, i stopped liking it as much.
Edited by Mauden on 11/12/2012 7:20 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]