Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

90 Human Paladin
Get a crafted Contender's Set like I did & you don't have that issue.
90 Night Elf Druid
11/13/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Baddiez
has noone seen the post about how if u get revered with one the your alts get rep twice as fast and u get to exalted twice as fast somehting like that being implemented here soon?

Instead of something like 6 or 8 weeks of steady dailies we're down to 3 or 4... it is an improvement, but there is still a massive rep wall that most people don't see their alts ever getting past. And, they're also introducing new factions to grind, so its dailies as far as the eye can see.
90 Night Elf Hunter
MOP makes me not want to log on. The constant daily grind is just atrocious. And nothing is account wide? Im expected to do this on all 11 or my toons? (yes 11)...

You might as well bring back raid attunements since you have guys always go against things u say in the past.

I could rant all day about whats gone wrong but blizzard PR spinsters are really good at what they do so there isnt much point.

Just gonna say...

Worst... Expansion... Ever...
100 Undead Warlock
11/13/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Infernalist
How about make rep tabards available for alts only? make them only able to obtain rep to revered. place all gear from friendly to revered, place vanity items like mounts / pets etc. in the exalted slot. Make those exalted vanity items rep dependent on use.

No. They don't want you grinding rep in Heroics anymore.

Perhaps the word "ALTS ONLY" was missed here?
100 Human Rogue

The fact that you fall back on terms like "reward structure" and "double dipping" to justify this content really speaks to the low quality of the approach being taken. It stinks of gameplay not created because the designer thought it would be fun, but because they thought it would take more time. The "double dipping" argument isn't even enough to qualify as a strawman argument. I get valor, gold, those lesser coins and reputation from doing dailies. Is that quadruple dipping?

That's the crux of it, to me.
90 Undead Warlock

The last line says it all. They've upgraded their estimated yearly profits as a result of these reports.

That's not a small thing! That's them basically betting heavy that Mists is going to continue to do well.

Trust me, I know that if the numbers were bad, they'd be playing damage control and making up excuses, but numbers don't lie. They're doing insanely good right now and they 'have' to take this as justification for their current 'dailies' strategy that keeps people playing every day.

While I don't disagree, historically, the period immediately following the release of an xpac sees rapid growth and success.

What I'm thinking is that they're lining up 5.1 to release right as the fatigue and the "decline" of players sets in. They could probably launch it two weeks from now, if they wanted, but we still have another raid to get through before then.

It's smart marketing and design, and I applaud them for that. But, like Apple, marketing/timing/profits don't mean your product is infallible or necessarily superior.

Feedin' the addiction, man. Tired of dailies? Well here you go new content! (*cough*withmoredailies*cough*).

Traditionally, yes, but Cata saw a net DROP in subs. 300k to be exact.

And it's going to take a Cataclysm style free-fall of sub numbers to see them make a game-wide change in direction. And that's not happening. And I'm going to bet that it doesn't happen.

People are hurling buckets of money at Blizzard right now in spite of the few complainers about CRZ and Dailies.

Imagine that.
100 Goblin Hunter
Finally ready to call it quits, realized today after almost 8 years of playing that I just didn't enjoy the game anymore.

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad, its the point where you get to 90 and you are pigeon holed into grinding dailies over and over or PVP'ing (which I do NOT enjoy). So I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot and used to enjoy this game massively.

Some will flame me, blizz will probably close the post, but truth be told, if they don't address these things soon there will be many following suit.

You should give me your account.
90 Night Elf Monk
Really, i do not get what goes through peoples heads.

You don't even have to do dailies at all.
I've gotten by with ONE blue from a rep vendor, Nothing else.

I'm almost at lfr. Explain how it's so necessary for me to have done dailies to get to raids.

If you are incapable of understanding what the people here are discussing then perhaps you should leave this thread and go to another one.
90 Human Paladin
I love the Blue posts 90% of the time they babble on so far off topic it make's me sick. To act like we ave entitlement issue's......I'm just speechless.
1 Draenei Shaman
Posted by Flaks
I just wanted to comment on how the OP doesn't time to do dailies but does have time to level NINE CHARACTERS TO NINETY. Dailies take a ton less time than that.

He makes time to do what he found to be fun.

If your argument is that since he had time to level 9 characters, he had time to do all the dailies needed on one, well you are right.

But he apparently found leveling alts to be fun, and did not find doing dailies to be fun.

I work pretty hard in my office, because I need to make the money to support myself and my family. I play a game like WoW to have fun. If the time I have to spend playing this game for fun feels more and more like work instead of fun, I could do something else with the money I pay to play this game. I could even spend those hours doing real work and making more real money instead of doing work to make play money.

This game is not designed by democracy. But I promise you if enough players quit paying and do what many are daring them to do, Blizzard will fall all over itself to put in a fix.

Just like most here, I could take the time I spend playing WoW and instead work longer and longer at my office and make more and more money. But I play WoW because it has been fun for me. Dailies are not fun for me, and in fact, the way they are set up hinders me in playing my alts, which I have also found to be fun.

Not sure why Blizzard would think its stubbornness to be more important than making MoP successful.

Very reasonable post with good points.
90 Undead Warlock
11/13/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Darkmalux

No. They don't want you grinding rep in Heroics anymore.

Perhaps the word "ALTS ONLY" was missed here?

Nope, didn't miss it. No more dungeon-rep-grinding.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
11/13/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Shylena
i wonder how much people would troll if they chaged everything back to how hard it was in nilla where the game was challenging and raids were hard and you had 40 ppl not 25 fighting over loot

I was here in vanilla, and it was fun. I cannot remember there being dailies. Were you here then? Can you remember there being any dailies?

Instead, we had these things called instances....

Yes, we had to put a lot of time in back in vanilla to be successful, just like now. Perhaps more so.

The difference is that putting that time in seemed like fun doing instances, rather than drudgery doing dailies.

Dailys were introduced in BC, IIRC. There were still rep grinds with Argent Dawn and with Timbermaw and a couple others. And there were attunement quests that required running instances as well.

I still think that WotLK had the best endgame structure overall. BC was only slightly behind because of all the hoops one had to jump through for attunements.
90 Human Hunter
No one logs into the game. excited to grind out an hours worth of dailies. whoever thought this system was a good idea should be demoted.

if a blue could explain how repeating the same quest 20 times is fun and enjoyable ill be waiting for that.

i consider myself a casual player and i find dailies pure torture. i know i am not alone in this.
Zarhym, I know you work for Blizzard but how can you honestly say doing the same boring, grindy quests every single day is fun?
I hate the excuse that no one is forcing us to do dailies. If we don't do dailies what else is there to do? So far you have based this whole expansion around doing stupid dailies. In Cata I raided, I in fact raided on a few different characters. Right now I'm not raiding why? Because WoW to me isn't fun anymore. I have no drive to log on and do anything. I've also no drive to level any of my other toons because I know what's waiting for me, more dailies. In fact, dailies I've already done. Increasing the amount of rep isn't good enough because I still have to do them again. They will take just as much time out of my day as before.

No one is forcing me to go online and do them but guess what? People that play WoW WANT that feeling of wanting to go on and doing something. They want to look forward to coming home after a long crappy day and sitting down and doing something they like to do in WoW. But as it stands if you're interested in PvE you've got virtual chores to look forward to. That's what dailies are, chores. If you don't do them you feel as if you're missing out, like you're behind. You can spin this anyway you want but that is how people feel and it is a problem.

I haven't done my dailies in awhile because I can not stomach killing those same 20 mogus again, day after day after day... Guess where that got me? Gkicked because I wasn't gearing up as fast as my raid team was. I refuse to do something that isn't fun, that I dread. And because of that I have been left behind on doing something that I DO enjoy, raiding.

When I see you giving the same responses of "Oh well I disagree with you Dailies are totally fun!" It just pushes me that much closer to cancelling my subscription. I'm not one of those people that want to see Blizzard fail because I lack the self control to quit myself. I want Blizzard to succeed because I WANT to keep playing WoW.

But I've got enough chores to do Irl, I'm certainly not going to do them in a video game.

And btw I'm not switching to PvP, Pet battles are a minigame, not end game content and Scenarios are too random to rely on for gearing up. A lot of people like to tell me there's still plenty for me to do. Bull.
100 Human Paladin
Finally ready to call it quits, realized today after almost 8 years of playing that I just didn't enjoy the game anymore.

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad, its the point where you get to 90 and you are pigeon holed into grinding dailies over and over or PVP'ing (which I do NOT enjoy). So I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot and used to enjoy this game massively.

Some will flame me, blizz will probably close the post, but truth be told, if they don't address these things soon there will be many following suit.

There is definitely legitimacy to your post, and we've been reading a lot of the feedback players have been sharing lately as we evaluate our endgame progression systems. Even as World of Warcraft evolves over each expansion, and as happy as we are with the experience we crafted for Mists of Pandaria, we always know we can do better.

Having said all of that, I'm just not personally sure we can design a game that's going to feel fresh and rife with content every time you login, if the expectation is that the average World of Warcraft player will have nine level-90 characters less than two months after the expansion's release. I really don't mean this as a judgment of how you choose to spend your time, either. But when considering everything you said in your post -- you mention needing time for family and enjoying casual content -- your noted (or implied) play time really sticks out.

Another sticking point is you brought up being forced to either do dailies or PvP. Why? Looking only at progression of character power at 90, do you not want to do scenarios, dungeons, or raids? What pushes you into reputation progression such that you feel you have to do it x9 and burn out on the game?

there should be a super like button for blizzard's response
100 Worgen Death Knight
11/11/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Vail
dailies suck and aren't fun.

I agree, and I believe the grind he is referring to is you need to do dailies for the stupid tokens, to trade in 90 per week for 2 gold coins to even roll on raid gear in lfr
100 Troll Shaman
Who TF uses two heal specs? You? like wut is that guardian and resto? lul

I get the the grinds, but I don't get not having BoA harmonies, and rep-vendor items like learworking, enchanting, tailoring boa patterns.

I can farm the bajesus out of harmonies on just about any too I have, except the lowest geared one @ 466 - this one. Extremely time consuming. about 6 hours for 8 spirits. I get that in 1.5-2 hours ona the dk, lock, and hunter.
90 Night Elf Druid
I agree with the improving of dailies and rep grinding but it does become a problem when you have multiple 90's. I am fortunate enough to have become exalted with some of these MOP factions to have time to spend on other toons. I wish there was a way if you were to become exalted on one of your toons with these new factions that there would maybe be a decrease in the amount of rep your other toons have to recieve. That way you don't have to spend all day rep grinding with all your toons. I love the game anyways it is....just saying :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]