Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Why is that anytime somebody stops playing a game they feel they need to go onto the forums and post that they are quitting? Because you know we all care sooooo much whether you play or not.
90 Worgen Death Knight
i just figured it out.

Xanzul gets his panties in a bunch over long time players because he still doesnt have any cheevo points.

pretty hard-core fanboyishness for someone who doesnt have a single cheevo point.

Do you people actually have an opinion on anything or do you just run around calling everyone fanboys because you are jealous they can articulate an opinion without acting like a raving child?

I find it hard to like someone using a level 1 alt to post.

But i like you.
91 Tauren Warrior
Am i the only one who likes the dailies?
and the new system for loot?

Only problem with the new loot system is that whole pouch of gold. No, just no. No gold pouch ever no.

I'm okay with the dailies for the reason i've been wanting a reason to go out into the world other than mindless questing 39409 levels below me, i have that reason now.

I'm not a huge fan of the dailies (although I do them and am nearly exalted with all of them) but I'm adult enough to know that I don't have to do them if I don't want to.

If I want to gear my toon I can do heroics to get LFR ilvl then run LFR. It's not rocket science.
If I want gems, chants and other goodies I can go to the AH...I don't HAVE to do dailies in order to get recipes.

And as far as the new loot system is concerned...I'd rather get some gold than nothing.
Anyone that complains about the new system is just a greedy child from the old system wanting to roll need on everything whether they need it or not so they can trade later...or worse yet...Those awesome people that would roll need on gear they didn't need at all so that they could decide who deserved what....

It was ridiculous.
90 Undead Warlock
i just figured it out.

Xanzul gets his panties in a bunch over long time players because he still doesnt have any cheevo points.

pretty hard-core fanboyishness for someone who doesnt have a single cheevo point.

I'm sure he did. He probably got his account banned for whatever reason and is using a new account to post on.

Xanzul, seems like a pretty reasonable person, but he does seem to wave the Blizzard banner a bit much.
10 Pandaren Warrior

I'm sure he did. He probably got his account banned for whatever reason and is using a new account to post on.

Xanzul, seems like a pretty reasonable person, but he does seem to wave the Blizzard banner a bit much.

So in order to not be called a fanboy I have to rage at Blizzard like everyone else does even if I don't agree that there is a problem? This is better how?

Stop It. Stop Quoting every post and trying to get others to complain. Just Stop. Breathe, and go listen to some Heavy Metal to burn some steam.
90 Undead Warlock

So in order to not be called a fanboy I have to rage at Blizzard like everyone else does even if I don't agree that there is a problem? This is better how?

I think you know the answer. What I'm going to type out isn't what you're expecting though. I'm going to ask you to relax. Not everything needs to be argued. Blizzard doesn't need you championing its decisions. It's a big company and if they believe there's a problem they'll do something about it. ("It" being whatever the weekly rage topic is.)

It's well known that internet forums tend to be echo chambers of discontent. We all know this. It's also highly predictable to see someone white-knighting for whichever company is the forum sponsor.

In any case, I've seen some pretty good ideas come from people unhappy with the status quo. No, not every complaint is going to generate good ideas, but for what it's worth, WoW for better or worse, is where it is because people wanted change. Whether you like them is a different issue, but you're still playing so I'm assuming you like being part of the machine.
46 Human Paladin
Mephis -

cerebral, yo.

killer post
90 Tauren Death Knight
Finally ready to call it quits, realized today after almost 8 years of playing that I just didn't enjoy the game anymore.

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad, its the point where you get to 90 and you are pigeon holed into grinding dailies over and over or PVP'ing (which I do NOT enjoy). So I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot and used to enjoy this game massively.

Some will flame me, blizz will probably close the post, but truth be told, if they don't address these things soon there will be many following suit.

Oh...so you're telling us in your history of raiding, every single time you killed a boss...they dropped loot for you, right? No seriously...you never had to wait to see loot drop in any of the raid encounters ever.

Oh and 9 toons to level 90 already, I seriously doubt that.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Oh yah, another person playing 10 toons that doesn't really care the rest of us run out of things to do on one and have no interest in playing 10....

Good riddance, altaholic cycling of toons through the same content is NOT appealing to me. It's a playstyle I'm happy to see die.

Hmm - do dailies once on one toon, or do the same 8 dungeons numerous times on many toons. It's striking to me that people think the dailies are more repetitive.....
90 Human Death Knight
I completely agree about the rep tabard thing. Although there would need to be some sort of limit to how much you could gain wearing your tabard in a week; similar to how gaining guild rep used to be. After players have reached their cap they would be faced with 2 choices to make either 1. Do the faction daily quests for said capped faction or 2. Just not gain anymore rep with that faction and wait until the next weekly reset to get anymore rep with the tabard. I think it'd be fair to make rep tabard's require honored in each faction to be able to be purchased. The price should be no more than 1 gold as well.
Edited by Zephrya on 11/12/2012 8:28 AM PST
87 Undead Rogue

Garalon this past week has been good for Wow?

I got lucky. My group got him down second try. Another guildie got a kill, not sure how many tries her group had. A third got his kill after his group repeatedly wiped and sat in queue waiting to refill for close to two hours.

No one else in our guild has been able to get a Garalon kill. Some don't even show a kill on the first two bosses because they kept getting a 2/6 queue over and over so never got anywhere because the 2/6 groups they went into kept wiping.

This is good for WoW?

Take the VP gear away from the daily crowd so they can't queue either without getting gear out of LFR, just like those who hate dailies. Bet the success rate on Garalon would have shot up dramatically.

Overtuned bosses happen and guess what? They happened even during the sacred and holy vanilla/TBC.

Please post on your main.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Finally ready to call it quits, realized today after almost 8 years of playing that I just didn't enjoy the game anymore.

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad, its the point where you get to 90 and you are pigeon holed into grinding dailies over and over or PVP'ing (which I do NOT enjoy). So I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot and used to enjoy this game massively.

Some will flame me, blizz will probably close the post, but truth be told, if they don't address these things soon there will be many following suit.

no need to flame... sorry it isnt fun for you anymore, have a good time doing whatever else u find to do...
90 Night Elf Hunter
Garalon this past week has been good for Wow?

I got lucky. My group got him down second try. Another guildie got a kill, not sure how many tries her group had. A third got his kill after his group repeatedly wiped and sat in queue waiting to refill for close to two hours.

No one else in our guild has been able to get a Garalon kill. Some don't even show a kill on the first two bosses because they kept getting a 2/6 queue over and over so never got anywhere because the 2/6 groups they went into kept wiping.

This is good for WoW?

Take the VP gear away from the daily crowd so they can't queue either without getting gear out of LFR, just like those who hate dailies. Bet the success rate on Garalon would have shot up dramatically.

the fight was hotfixed and tuned down... why are u still complaining about something that has been addressed?
90 Blood Elf Mage
11/11/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Monk
MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family

11/11/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Monk
And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90,

Something tells me you have had a little more time on your hands than you are trying to let on.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]