Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

90 Undead Warlock
11/12/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Deathbyrd
This is what I have been doing and I'm not even really concerned about the valor gear. I'm gearing up just fine without it so I'm working on things like Tillers and Anglers and Cloud Serpent and even then most days I don't even do those.

so your way is the only right way to go about it? The RNG gods love you so everything is fine for the other 9 mil+ people? Get over yourself. People come here to post in the slight chance that developers see that the people who pay their bills are unhappy.

OT - Yes you hiding on an alt has everything to do with credibility. If you don't believe that, go to Wowpedia and read about the weapon Silent Fang and it's connection to posters.

He probably can't post on his main. Most likely banned for trolling.
90 Pandaren Rogue
No my way isn't the only way. If people want to kill themselves doing all dailies every day in addition to everything else then have at it but stop pretending like it is forced because it isn't and you all know it.

Nothing in this game is forced. NOTHING. That said, doing the dailies and rep is "optimal" but not forced. I mean hell I'm not FORCED to pay rent, but if I don't then I don't have a place to live. Sure I could live in my truck as a viable option. That may work for some but it doesn't work for everyone.

I think the easiest solution to the problem is to place more ways to obtain the reps. More frequent drop items for repeatable turn ins. Mob rep kills in 5 mans. And Tabard grinding. Before all the naysayers about tabard grinding get all riled up, hear me out. When you're out doing dailies you're killing just as many if not more mobs than you would kill in the dungeons. All in all we end up killing about the same amount so why not offer more than one option?
90 Blood Elf Priest
Welcome to the club.

Bots were more of a problem then the dailies for me. But to each their own.
90 Troll Priest

Of which you've done more LFR and more endgame experience than I have. And you've reached higher in reputations I have started in.

While you are fishing, I'm raiding. What does that have to do with Dailies?

Nuh-uh-thing.

1. Really? Um I have done LFR this expansion. You have cleared 4/6 normal Vault with 2 kills on some bosses.

As I've stated earlier, I'm from the Vanilla/TBC era. I raid. LFR is fun and a way to work on gear, but raiding is where I strive to be.

What does my raiding have to do with doing Dailies? Nuh-uh-thing.

2. You are higher in Cloud Serpent, Celestials and Lorewalkers. (regardless of how easy you can get rep) ...oh sorry Klaxxi too

And you are higher in Anglers, which requires time to fish for 3 of them according to one gent. All you prove is I maximize my time spent in game while you... well... I don't know exactly what you do.

3. You chose to go out and find all those objects. I have not.

It's easy and fun. And you get a nifty skyboard to fly AND you get to see Lorewalker Cho give you stories at the end when you turn them in.

You chose to grind out Cloud Serpent, I choose Anglers, which I haven't even grinded. You are also Best Friends with several of the Tillers while I am only coming up on 1 Best Friend, more time you grinded away.

Friends is cooking quests and finding dirt piles while questing. You only get one Friendship daily and it's part of the Tillers quest. So you are only proving you don't know how the reputation system works for these guys as well as the Cloud Serpents. :/

4. I'm not even exalted with the Anglers. I JUST hit revered yesterday after not doing dailies for roughly a week.

So you are advocating laziness?
By not doing dailies you... fall behind. Is this what you are defending?

5. Faster and easier than Anglers? Anglers have 3-4 dailies. That is all and the only time consuming one is the fishing on the river one which I was doing anyway to leveling my prof.

Cloud Serpents have 3 Dailies based on the faction alone. They also provide 4 Dailies based on Professions; you bandage baby dragons, fish up 10 minnows, cook 5 meals, or find archeology bits. So while you are working on professions, you are also working on Cloud Serpent rep.

Really if you compare are rep and progression, You've grinded far more than I have, considering I hit 90 a whole 10 days before you.

While working on professions I work on reputation as well. (Cloud Serpent)
While going about doing dailies or questing I work on vanity reputation as well. (Lorewalker)
While working on raid progression and readiness I work on reputations that will benefit the team. (Golden Lotus and Klaxxi)

Once I get Shado-Pan and Celestials to Revered, I have the freedom to choose what vanity items I can strive to attain. The only thing gating me then will be VP gains and RNG.

I've proven I can maximize my time spent in game to use multiple activities to maximize gains. Laziness is no excuse for poor performance.

Sigh, you really are like talking to a brick-wall. Nothing anyone says or does will change your mind. Continue burning yourself on dailies, in the end I'll still be as geared as you with all the rep I need.
Edited by Loaboa on 11/12/2012 12:19 PM PST
90 Orc Warrior
Pretty sure you're a troll. 9 toons to 90 and not enough time to play? Lmao
90 Pandaren Monk
The original post was right on. Slave to dailies and rep factions built on other factions is stupidity at its best. Problem is that a wowhead would say cow paddy pies taste great if blizzard sent it to them. Beta testers are 99% wowheads and nothing blizzard does is wrong its just wonderful. You will not get new players with the wowheads only looking after themselves. MOP has failed and the fact they are doing the free ten days to CAT players kind of shows that.
90 Orc Shaman
OP sucks at time management is what I got out of his post.
I quit to.

Its fun to pop in once a week or so to the forums and watch people go at it, rather than just distance themselves from such a poor game.

I feel bad for the people trying to get changes made (Won't happen) and even worse for the sycophantic fanboys who think it is their job to defend blizzard at every turn.

Have a good one, and good call on quitting!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Before all the naysayers about tabard grinding get all riled up, hear me out. When you're out doing dailies you're killing just as many if not more mobs than you would kill in the dungeons. All in all we end up killing about the same amount so why not offer more than one option?
That's not the real reason people are opposed to rep tabards. The problem with rep tabards is that:

1. There is no hard cap on rep like there is on dailies
2. You're getting vanity rewards for one content while participating in a completely different one.

Now, an easy solution to this would be to add tabards for the reps which have gear vendors that will get you to Revered (but not farther) in, preferably, more time than it would take if you would just do the dailies. Also, you would have to have friendly with the reputation beforehand, just like in previous expansions.
90 Night Elf Warrior
To: Everyone quitting in this thread.

Can i hasss yo stuff?

kthks bi
87 Undead Rogue
To: Everyone quitting in this thread.

Can i hasss yo stuff?

kthks bi

Nope!

I'd rather watch my bank toon get deleted. Where else is the gold, black tabby, ruby shades and other pixelized junk going to go?
85 Blood Elf Rogue
i quited few days ago lol not coming back 15$ for a 8 year old game to much i ben playing sine 05 iam done gaming :) moving on with my life go oregon ducks thanks blizz for the fun :)
58 Tauren Paladin
K Bye
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/12/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Fiddlery
Do one set of dailies per day and quit the qq. You dont even NEED the rep to begin with. Also, motes... hello?

wow two grinds for the cost of one ...Bleh

Dalies, rep grins and mote grinds simply dont interest me.

Gated content is a cheap way to make everyone think there is more content than there actually is.
90 Worgen Death Knight
Didn't people say the same thing about Cataclysm? They changed it back then, and they'll eventually change it for this expansion. Give them some time. :)
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/12/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Dolthra
Now, an easy solution to this would be to add tabards for the reps which have gear vendors that will get you to Revered (but not farther) in, preferably, more time than it would take if you would just do the dailies.

Why would you even suggest this taking more time .. what are you some kind of masochist?

Dalies blow chunks, they always have and likely always will, its why Blizz keeps feeding them to us.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]