Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

90 Human Rogue
Agreed, Idk if I can live with him being gone...</3
90 Worgen Death Knight
11/11/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Hashtaggyolo
Can you just quit and not tell us about it on the forums?

Can you just carry on and not post about it? As much as some don't like to read the OP's type of posts, these are just as bad. Pot calling the kettle black.
90 Night Elf Druid
11/11/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Monk
I leveled nine classes to 90

Holy cow, how much time did that take? I have two 90s, the first of which was rushed because the hubbs just had to get to 90 for arena, on the second I stopped and smelled every virtual flower I could.

The dailies aren't too bad. I am exalted with golden lotus and I definitely didn't do them everyday. Also got exalted with the cloud serpents on my other toon easily just this week (the eggs are everywhere and no one is farming them anymore).
According to a guide I read it will take one month of dailies to get exalted with August Celestials which really isn't so bad, for the moment that is the only reputation I am working on and 3-6 dailies a day isn't much of a burden.
You need to pace yourself, I agree the way the dailies are in this expansion are pretty stupid, but there really are other things to do and you don't need to do them all at once.
It is a game and you should be having fun :D

Mostly I would complain more about the fact that Blizzard will get rid of the daily grind right after most of us finish it. That is the most infuriating part in my opinion. We work our butts off to grind some of the content and then they turn around and pretty much hand it to everyone else.

But all that aside, if you aren't having fun you should take a break or find something else in the game that you like.
90 Draenei Monk
Actually OP, I can understand your feelings here. Although I still like this game and the direction things are going in it. But I play pretty casually these days simply because Im busy IRL so I dont mind taking the time to work on my one lvl 90 character. Maybe a break would be good, but with all the complaints going out here like many people are saying Im sure Blizz will tweak something so that people can more easily get rep/gear.
Finally ready to call it quits, realized today after almost 8 years of playing that I just didn't enjoy the game anymore.

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad, its the point where you get to 90 and you are pigeon holed into grinding dailies over and over or PVP'ing (which I do NOT enjoy). So I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot and used to enjoy this game massively.

Some will flame me, blizz will probably close the post, but truth be told, if they don't address these things soon there will be many following suit.
wow for someone claiming to have a life (I assume that's what you meant when you say you have a family), you sure spend a lot of time playing wow. 9 toons to 90? Jesus Christ.

I think playing wow to much is what ruined the game for you. Even the loading screen will tell you, "everything in moderation, even wow."
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Why would you even suggest this taking more time .. what are you some kind of masochist?

Dalies blow chunks, they always have and likely always will, its why Blizz keeps feeding them to us.
Because, regardless of whether you like them or not, they are how Blizzard want people to gain reputation.

Also, it would keep those who don't mind doing dailies/are advocates for dailies happier, and you really should not get the same rewards for doing different content.

And no, I am not a masochist, partially because masochism require physical pain. I just think that hard work (be it drudgery) should be rewarded, and taking an alternative to the hard work should not give you the same outcome.
90 Human Warrior
You can still get the gear you want, it will just take a bit longer to get. That's how doing things casually is. If you want to be a hardcore, bleeding edge raider, well, you make sacrifices for your hobby. If the game is just a game, then you do what you can, when you can, when you want to.
90 Night Elf Druid
See you next week buddy!
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/12/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Dolthra
Also, it would keep those who don't mind doing dailies/are advocates for dailies happier, and you really should not get the same rewards for doing different content.

its all the same ...its all CONTENT .. who cares how you get to point B from Point A just so long as you both get there is a similar time frame.

Wanting people who choose to take a different path to point B to take longer is just Asinine, why should it matter to you how they chose to get there.

As for how BLIZZ wants us to do things .. I was under the impression this was the How I want to play expansion, at least that's how they advertised it.

In the end . .I refuse to do stupid rep grinds and dalies .. both forms of content are abhorrent and only exist for the extremely bored individuals who enjoy that form of self punishment.
Edited by Shixa on 11/12/2012 3:33 PM PST
90 Undead Rogue
Finally ready to call it quits, realized today after almost 8 years of playing that I just didn't enjoy the game anymore.

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad, its the point where you get to 90 and you are pigeon holed into grinding dailies over and over or PVP'ing (which I do NOT enjoy). So I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot and used to enjoy this game massively.

Some will flame me, blizz will probably close the post, but truth be told, if they don't address these things soon there will be many following suit.

To each their own i guess. But i still dont understand how people believe they are being forced to run dailies. I've done 3 days worth of dailies since hitting 90 about 2 weeks ago. Im definitely not progressing as fast as i did in wrath or cata, but its entirely possible to get gear without having to do a single daily (run heroics to get gear, then run LFR to get better gear).

It sounds like ur pretty burnt out. You complain about not having the time to do dailies but then say how you spent the time to level NINE classes to 90. That is an INCREDIBLE amount of time.

If you dont like running dailies. Dont. Plain and simple. Its easier to get gear from dungeon/raid finder anyway.
90 Troll Mage
Heaven forbid you work towards a reward in a game.
90 Orc Warrior
I don't have much of a problem with this expansion. I don't do dailies all too often, probably two zones worth once a week but that's about it. I just play how ever I want to play, i feel no unseen pressure to do these dailies, just get your 90 coins a week and leave, that's even if you feel the need for a bonus roll. I personally don't really care. I'm not letting my guild down by not doing the dailies or anything.

If you are in a guild that is super compettative then yes you will have to do them to keep up with the rest of your guild and other players. if you don't like it then the competative side to WoW is no longer for you.

As the Pandas say, "Slow down."

You don't need to have a near 100% uptime when it comes to prepearing for raiding outside of raiding. Just take your time, no one has a gun to your head.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
See you next week.
90 Night Elf Druid
100% agree. WoW is more interesting than ever and there are all too many things to do. Just can't alt !@#$% anymore which im totally ok with. I have a PvE character and my PvP character and thats it. Sooo much fun!
Community Manager

There is definitely legitimacy to your post, and we've been reading a lot of the feedback players have been sharing lately as we evaluate our endgame progression systems. Even as World of Warcraft evolves over each expansion, and as happy as we are with the experience we crafted for Mists of Pandaria, we always know we can do better.

Having said all of that, I'm just not personally sure we can design a game that's going to feel fresh and rife with content every time you login, if the expectation is that the average World of Warcraft player will have nine level-90 characters less than two months after the expansion's release. I really don't mean this as a judgment of how you choose to spend your time, either. But when considering everything you said in your post -- you mention needing time for family and enjoying casual content -- your noted (or implied) play time really sticks out.

Another sticking point is you brought up being forced to either do dailies or PvP. Why? Looking only at progression of character power at 90, do you not want to do scenarios, dungeons, or raids? What pushes you into reputation progression such that you feel you have to do it x9 and burn out on the game?
Edited by Zarhym on 11/12/2012 4:35 PM PST
90 Gnome Priest
11/12/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Dolthra
And no, I am not a masochist, partially because masochism require physical pain. I just think that hard work (be it drudgery) should be rewarded, and taking an alternative to the hard work should not give you the same outcome.

Many players already work hard in real life. Playing a fun game is their reward.

Do you really think they can see WoW as a reward anymore when it just means more "hard" work?

Dailies aren't hard work, they are tedious work. Rewards in a game should represent the skill required to gain them. Giving raid quality rewards to players who pick fruit is not proportional to the skill required.
90 Human Monk
9 level 90s? 9 LEVEL 90s? 9 LEVEL 90's!!!?!?!?!?!??!?!
90 Blood Elf Hunter
See he had time to level 9 classes to level 90, but he doesn't time to do dailies on one of the classes.

Heck, I only have 1 class at 90 the rest of my alts are just that alts.. I play them sure, but I am in no hurry to level them to 90..

I am just about as casual as the next person, I don't stress about getting gear and raiding at this point, because there is so much to do when you hit 90.. TBH my guild probably won't raid till late in the expansion lol so what's the hurry.

If family is really your issue, then how in the hell did you have time to level 9 toons to 90? I suspect family is the excuse he wants to use to bail on the game because he made into work instead of just enjoying it...

I look at dailies as money money money ;) I can complete the tillers in about 10 minutes... If I do Golden Lotus maybe 30 the rest of my night is free!
85 Undead Priest
11/12/2012 03:27 AMPosted by Shaidy
still think valor points and justice points should just go away.

Yes i agree. I dont mind doin dailies but when u get max rep and u cant buy the stuff u want because u dont have the valor points sucks!
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/12/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Zarhym
Another sticking point is you brought up being forced to either do dailies or PvP. Why? Looking only at progression of character power at 90, do you not want to do scenarios, dungeons, or raids? What pushes you into reputation progression such that you feel you have to do it x9 and burn out on the game?

Scenarios's do not contribute to "character power"... A slim chance at a RNG blue for a random slot isn't really progression, it's about as much progression as farming Spiders and getting an epic, just less rare...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]