Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

100 Orc Warrior
11/11/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Monk
I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad

I'd want to quit also ... I can barely handle the 3 I lvled
85 Human Paladin

Another sticking point is you brought up being forced to either do dailies or PvP. Why? Looking only at progression of character power at 90, do you not want to do scenarios, dungeons, or raids? What pushes you into reputation progression such that you feel you have to do it x9 and burn out on the game?

From what I understand everything you buy with valor points requires some form of rep first? So if you want to do raids you need to grind those reputations to be able to purchase these item upgrades.
Edited by Mëaculpa on 11/12/2012 4:44 PM PST
11/12/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Zarhym
Another sticking point is you brought up being forced to either do dailies or PvP. Why? Looking only at progression of character power at 90, do you not want to do scenarios, dungeons, or raids? What pushes you into reputation progression such that you feel you have to do it x9 and burn out on the game?

Putting valour gear behind reputation is a terrible idea. Basically you are paying for the gear twice. First you have to obtain the valour to spend and then you have to do a never ending stream of dailies to gain enough faction to purchase the gear. With the amount of time it takes to accumulate 1000 valour it does feel like work and detracts from the enjoyment of the game.

Valour gear should have the faction requirement removed (preferred option) or the rate at which valour can be obtained needs to be substantially increased.

Personally I never do scenarios, they seem like a waste of time for minimal reward. Much better to do a dungeon where there is the chance of loot and justice points (poor forgotten hard to come by justice points) and they are fun, with the sole exception of Shado Pan Monastery, I always drop group on that one.
100 Human Rogue
LOL @ the 8 years claim. Nobody who legitimately played vanilla would complain about MoP dailies. Nothing was more grindy than Vanilla. Heck, even TBC had more grinding.

People complaing about the current setup all started to play this game at Wrath...
I really enjoy the grind, feels a lot more like the good ol' wow.
Edited by Martymcfly on 11/12/2012 4:46 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
I made one toon my main, grinded dailies for a month to get some gear. I've been playing since vanilla, and i can honestly say i LOVED it. I love the dailies, and now im beginning to raid with 4/6 MV normal. I do LFR weekly, and kill sha/galleon weekly. I'm having fun just gearing 1 toon. I do have another 90 and 1 87. I do enjoy playing them but they are more there for crops. More plots on toons = easy cooking maxxed in every way :D
90 Pandaren Priest
LOL @ the 8 years claim. Nobody who legitimately played vanilla would complain about MoP dailies. Nothing was more grindy than Vanilla. Heck, even TBC had more grinding.

People complaing about the current setup all started to play this game at Wrath...

yuuup. Thats why i just keep reading these QQ posts and think, "Ahhh, poor little guy is bored because he neglects his family 24/7 to play WoW. I mean, 9 level 90s in 2 months? lol

I tell ya what dude, hand your account over to me and i'll tell ya the secret to a happy gaming hobby. lol
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There are a few things that I would love to see changed come next expansion or even earlier.

1) There are not enough breaks in leveling.

I really enjoy running dungeons, but currently there are only four dungeons and especially at later levels they hardly reward any xp. I think you could fix this by switching most scenarios to take place during the lvling process. I think it makes more sense while lvling anyways. You encounter the places from the scenarios while lvling, then you are told to wait until you get to max lvl in order to complete them. I am not saying do not allow max lvl players to do them, but at least make them available earlier in the lvling process.

2) Something has to be done about the coins long term...

A lot of people still have the smaller coins of good fortune from doing dailies the first few weeks, but eventually those will run out. Most people do not want to do dailies just for those coins. I would suggest making them a reward for doing the first of something each day. The first lfr each day, the first heroic each day, the first few dailies each day, etc... That way people could still earn the coins by doing something of their choosing each day. These coins make a significant difference in gearing for raids and no reasonable raider would be wanting to pass them up.

3) I think that vp gear at revered is a bit too steep. A lot of people on my casual raid team feel that they need to do dailies and I've almost lost people because of it. I would suggest something like :

Honored : All VP gear unlocked and you can do this by questing without dailies.
Revered : Patterns for crafted recipes.
Exalted : Mounts and vanity
90 Night Elf Druid

I played in Vanilla. It was better in Vanilla because you had a lot more freedom. Wanna spend the day farming Timbermaw Rep? Sure. Wanna spend the day farming Shado-Pan rep? What? I can't? Damn.

Vanilla >>> MoP.
11 Pandaren Priest
11/12/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Zhana

This statement is simply not true. I haven't complained about the MoP system per se, but I don't like and I started playing in Vanilla, be it near the end. Honestly, the TBC rep grinds felt the best to me, having to quest, grind items and/or mobs, and do regular dungeons to get to honored, then you were able to go into heroics. Certain dungeons gave rep to a certain faction. It was simple and fun, imo.
86 Undead Mage
You get that.. thing i sentcha?

Scenarios are boring after maybe 2 times. I do them if I failed to VP cap for the week by monday evening on my DPS toon as its an instant que.

I am NOT bothering to do the revered->Exalted grind when 5.1 is going to cut that grind in half, so I've stopped dailies entirely other then the cooking one.

Dungeons are only useful if you need the 463 gear. After that, because JP earning is ziltch compared to how it was in cata (77 JP per boss +70 bonus per random after VP cap).. vs now its ..42? per boss... and there is no JP-->Crafting materials vendor... even the little you get there is useless.

And I think you misunderstood the OP -- due to the new system, we HAVE to vp cap every char every week to gear up.. and there is a 3000 VP cap.. so we have to be able to spend it. To be able to spend it, we have to daily grind, in most cases, to revered.. to access all the gear.
100 Human Paladin
I'm with you OP. I just can't bring myself to grind dailies, I did 2 reps and it burnt me out. I can't even get up the will to level all my alts, (I have MANY 85's).. I don't even enjoy playing. I log in, do my garden and log off.... maybe I'll eventually level alts... but right now.. I can't get into it.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

because all the best non-raid rewards are tied to dailies and reputations. And i'm sure you're well aware that the biggest carrot gets the most followers. :)

...it also didn't help that y'all nerfed every other way to progress to lead us down the dailies funnel.
Edited by Mandulis on 11/12/2012 5:07 PM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
The only issue I had with dailies is the craptastic rep (110 rep per golden lotus quest for example). It was a bigger slap to the face when they nerfed August celestials rep grind.
90 Human Rogue
"I leveled 9 characters to 90 in 6 weeks. This game sucks!"

Gee.
100 Dwarf Warrior
I don't have much to say regarding the OP except that I agree the current system is punitive to bringing along alts (the new accelerated rep system won't help much; you still have to farm coins). Having said that, I could care less about having an alt, so I don't really care about that issue, it's just something I see guildies complaining about. I care about raiding, and it has been excellent. I do have one nitpick, however:

I don't fully understand what Scenarios were supposed to accomplish. They are not quicker than the 'new' heroics, which are tuned very liberally, so they are a poor source of valor in terms of efficiency. They offer poor gear incentive. They are instanced, albeit with quicker queues, so they don't really get you into the world. Was it really just about providing content that is free of the holy trinity? Is there really demand for that in this game?

I had originally envisioned them similar to GW2's dynamic events, integrated into the game world, co-operative on a larger scale, etc. They're just poor versions of dungeons atm; what's worse, people don't even consider them as dungeons so you get these silly "I can't believe you released only X dungeons this xpac". My apologies, but they just seem to miss the mark IMO.
5 Orc Hunter
I hate the daily grind . I am not doing it on every character. Once I get exalted with one rep. I will never do that rep again. I hate golden lotus dailies with a passion. Getting a 1/3 of normal rep from completing them is utter Bull. It seems like there trying to delay players from getting exalted and maxed in order to not have to rush new content patches out. Also I only do dailies to get exalted for the mounts that come with reps. If mounts were offered at honored or friendly. I would then stop doing them once I reached that. Having rep gear cost valor/justice points is just stupid. Whoever thought this was a good idea should have been fired.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]