Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

90 Draenei Paladin
11/13/2012 11:16 PMPosted by Tomaxx
Already done. I ran Brewfest 30 times to get my trinkets. I ran HH about 10? 15? times for the rings. I am not an asset to my guild if my gear is significantly below that of other people with better luck and who have the mental fortitude for 10-14 hours of straight daily grinding a week.

Hi, see my gear? Yeah I am second and first on healing charts without having a SINGLE rep for gear above honored which I got by questing.

Only reason I have Rep gear above honored is because my boyfriend and I always did things together before Halo 4 came out and I've been totally wiped from work because I work retail. Otherwise I would of done it the old fashion way. I've always been topping healing charts as well :) *highfives*
26 Draenei Shaman
11/13/2012 11:14 PMPosted by Smushiel
So...what about heroics? And you still have a chance at loot, even if you don't SEE it. The chance of you getting loot is the same, or better than lfr last expansion.

I've never seen either a caster or enhancement weapon on this character in a heroic dungeon. As in, I didn't even lose it. None have ever dropped. I'm using two quest 450 items for enhancement.

As for an upgraded healing weapon....you could have done the arena of annihilation scenario.

I used that upgrade for my enhancement set. Try again.

You don't need valor to raid. But it appears you aren't even looking into all of your options to begin with.

Edit: Or rather, you don't seem to realize your gear level "good enough" for raids..... You don't need 489 gear to do content that drops 489 gear.

But again....arena of annihilation

Already done. I ran Brewfest 30 times to get my trinkets. I ran HH about 10? 15? times for the rings. I am not an asset to my guild if my gear is significantly below that of other people with better luck and who have the mental fortitude for 10-14 hours of straight daily grinding a week.

Gear helps, but a couple ilvls lower isn't going to kill your ability to be useful, unless you just don't even try.
You can also have a new weapon made for you by a BS. You HAVE options, so long as you bother to try.
90 Draenei Shaman
11/13/2012 11:16 PMPosted by Tomaxx

Hi, see my gear? Yeah I am second and first on healing charts without having a SINGLE rep for gear above honored which I got by questing.

And what I'm saying is that if there's a choice between two enhancement shaman: the one with the gear and the one without the gear, guess who's coming? If we're having healers go OOM because we're behind the DPS curve, and I'm hitting my buttons as hard as I can, wouldn't the group be better served by someone with better gear? Skill does not completely negate gear.

Remember that I raided back when I had to grind Mara for the NR helm off a boss that regularly fell through the world. I did my part with the hard-fought epics, the recruiting people and then having to run attunement, the attuning people then having them bail, etc. I had progression stopped in MC because we gave the tranq book to a hunter who never came back. Don't wave your raiding @*##@##@ at me and tell me how big it is. Mine is bigger.

And yet I never went 30 boss kills in a raid + 5 world boss kills without having something other than 900g to show for it. If I'm working, I want compensation. If I want to gamble, I can do that on the AH.
90 Draenei Shaman

You can also have a new weapon made for you by a BS. You HAVE options, so long as you bother to try.

Sadly, I don't have the 25K anymore that is required to get the healing mace; I spent it all on the enhancement gear and the 40K required for the BiS Darkmoon Faire DPS trinket. There's no BS weapon for enhancement. Try again.

I do sell things on the AH, but I cannot get 25K without playing the AH...and that's as bad as grinding.
90 Draenei Paladin
Hax

Might I see his character? however if you don't want to 'justify' to me, he must be a good player if he has completed the current raids as much as I have :S considering my guild is in the 99 percentile of guilds. And even then, we still have 20 encounters we haven't yet beaten, let alone no one has completed this content in the world thus far... so please tell me where you are finding this 'faceroll' information

No you will not see his toon.
Yes he is in a serious progression guild and raids are too easy.
I also had friends / guildies who did them and told me the same thing. Too easy, too boring.

Everyone KNOWS guilds that have completed something worth bragging about. So why not drop a guild name, or even a progression level? You are claiming that these raids are faceroll but wowprogress suggests otherwise. IF YOU were at this level of raiding (Competing with guilds such as Paragon, Method, Modest, Midwinter, Avast, Vodka) You and your said boyfriend would not find the 'grind of dailies' something worth complaining about, as it is nothing but an aid to help said players get further earlier in the expansion in their progression.
90 Gnome Mage

No you will not see his toon.
Yes he is in a serious progression guild and raids are too easy.
I also had friends / guildies who did them and told me the same thing. Too easy, too boring.

Everyone KNOWS guilds that have completed something worth bragging about. So why not drop a guild name, or even a progression level? You are claiming that these raids are faceroll but wowprogress suggests otherwise. IF YOU were at this level of raiding (Competing with guilds such as Paragon, Method, Modest, Midwinter, Avast, Vodka) You and your said boyfriend would not find the 'grind of dailies' something worth complaining about, as it is nothing but an aid to help said players get further earlier in the expansion in their progression.

You do realize the guild to get world first Empress complained about dailies, right? Believe it or not, skilled players don't actually enjoy tedious and unchallenging grinds.

Edit: http://www.manaflask.com/en/article/2079/fearless-blood-legion-speak-up-after-their-win for the interested.
Edited by Analt on 11/13/2012 11:33 PM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
11/13/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Tomaxx
Sooooo if you are talking about raiding as enhancement, why are you complaining about a healing weapon again?

Because it's symbolic of the current issue I'm having with gear. I can't get a new weapon unless I'm lucky, which I haven't been, I raise the 25K, which I am trying to do but will take time, or hit exalted with the Klaxxi...and I'm done with dailies.

This is the first time that a dungeon-equivalent weapon has not been available from any vendor before exalted. If you look at cata, you could get a 346 weapon (~450 nowadays) from a vendor at Revered reputation. It was far easier to grind said rep, too.

But tell me, are you going to keep trying to pretend I'm lazy?
90 Draenei Paladin
Hax

You do realize the guild to get world first Empress complained about dailies, right? Believe it or not, skilled players don't actually enjoy tedious and unchallenging grinds.

You do realise said guild has little need for 489 upgrades at current date as they have access to 496 and 502 gear? Making the need to complain about dailies void. Not only that; if they were doing dailies every day since xpac hit, they'd be way beyond exalted with EVERY SINGLE faction. Our first to have all the four vp vendor factions at exalted did so 2 weeks ago. :)
90 Draenei Shaman
11/13/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Tomaxx
a blue from a blacksmith does not cost 25k.

Well, the Cenarius AH has three blue weapons. The sword and dagger, i.e. the useful weapons, are in the 10K to 12K range.

So awesome, I can fix that problem and drain my bank alt of cash. Soooo...what about all the other slots that can't be fixed?
90 Gnome Mage
11/13/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Smushiel
Sooooo if you are talking about raiding as enhancement, why are you complaining about a healing weapon again?

Because it's symbolic of the current issue I'm having with gear. I can't get a new weapon unless I'm lucky, which I haven't been, I raise the 25K, which I am trying to do but will take time, or hit exalted with the Klaxxi...and I'm done with dailies.

This is the first time that a dungeon-equivalent weapon has not been available from any vendor before exalted. If you look at cata, you could get a 346 weapon (~450 nowadays) from a vendor at Revered reputation. It was far easier to grind said rep, too.

But tell me, are you going to keep trying to pretend I'm lazy?

Did you already grab the 450 weapon from that scenario quest? Arena of Annihilation or something like that. (not commenting on the relevance of your posts, just offering a tip in case you overlooked an easy source of a 450 weapon)
90 Dwarf Paladin
These threads always amuse me. "I don't want to do any work for anything" is vastly different than "This would be better for the game." Honestly I don't think the developers are at fault for this, I hate the rep grinds, but I realize its because I've grown accustomed to not really caring about them. So its taken me a bit longer to get to that "optimized" feeling, and really the community is responsible for creating the competitive environment where people feel like they have to have x amount of gear and x amount of item level by x time-frame in order to stay relevant. Relax! Enjoy the game! Enjoy the content, the story...sometimes I forget why I started playing these games...I played RPGs when I was little, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, Lufia, Breath of Fire...you want to talk about grinding, some of those games had some grinds...often they were self-inflicted punishment, meaning you could skip them if you wanted to, but those of us who enjoyed those games enjoyed the epic feeling of questing and gaining power...of fighting random battles outside of town to buy that new sword, even though you had to kill 900,000 mobs. I think Mists of Pandaria is leagues above Cataclysm in terms of what it offers, and I hope they never return to the Cataclysm format. It felt rushed, lazy, and while I may never compete with the highest guilds, the fun is in the journey.

With that said, there is never anything wrong with taking time off from a game. It's a game. Your 15 dollars is not going to shape the direction of the game, and if you are genuinely that upset with the current offering, maybe its time to take a break.

P.S.! 7th Saga!...anybody who played that game knows what I'm talking about.

P.P.S. I imagine if Blizzard satisfied the conditions of the person who posted this thread, we would see another thread pop up where somebody was angry with how easy it was for everybody to get their gear. These guys can't win, haha. I love the game. I've loved every Blizzard game since I played Diablo. There are other game companies who don't put the same amount of love into their products, so the fact that we can even have these conversations is awesome. Keep it up Blizzard. Don't ever lose the mentality that made the company successful.
Edited by Valoric on 11/13/2012 11:45 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
Hax
11/13/2012 11:31 PMPosted by Därkly

Why are you still arguing?
Im not gonna give any info about him because he doesn't want me to and that is his right.

Dailies are not hard, they are BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

People wanted Vanilla back apparently no? So my solution brought vanilla back. Epics ONLY from raids.

Because you keep changing your mind in what your said solution is.

That is fine :) But the current heroic progression on raid bosses is NOT faceroll, and requires a lot of research and tuning, even for the top progression guilds. If it wasn't, there would be a lot more than 10 guilds with full current progression. So your comment on how current raids are 'easy' is still null and void.

How does that fix your solution that you want to reach valor gear but cant be screwed to grind rep for it? The only thing I see Valor gear being viable for is to help guilds get items to help progress on finely gear tuned fights. Even then the increase is so minimal that it wouldn't make a big difference at all for lower end guilds. Higher end, sure - but for those people, WoW is their life, and for some of them, their job. As in, they get PAID to stream themselves playing this game, or just payed by sponsors to play it.
90 Draenei Shaman
And by the way: if you want to make it like Vanilla, you need to really make it like Vanilla:

1) Blue gear needs to be just as good as, if not better than, some epics. Example: The Dire Maul chain helm was BiS until you could get Giantstalker. It was better than the Helm of Narv

2) Restore the ability to use multiple consumables. Food, as many buffing potions as you wanted (or a flask), multiple health-restore items on separate CDs (potion vs. healthstone vs. that Felwood thing), multiple potions per attempt.

3) PvP Epics (aka welfare epics) have to be as good as raiding epics. Top DPS in BWL was wearing Grand Marshall gear.

4) Crafted epics need to use primarily grindable components. None of this only ore and leather stuff. If you want epics, you need to go kill all those giant maggots in EPL again.

5) And of course, no tokens, so you can have all your rogues sitting at 7/8 Nightslayer for all of MC because the shoulders didn't drop once.

6) Finally, you have to make bosses killable in blues and greens, because that's what we were wearing for a good amount of the intro raids.
Edited by Smushiel on 11/13/2012 11:45 PM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
11/13/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Analt
Did you already grab the 450 weapon from that scenario quest? Arena of Annihilation or something like that. (not commenting on the relevance of your posts, just offering a tip in case you overlooked an easy source of a 450 weapon)

I just logged out in Enh gear (it's not totally enchanted, but it's moot ATM), that shows I did it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]