Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

90 Draenei Paladin
Hax

Only reason I didn't raid in Vanilla was #1 I started halfway through and #2 I had no clue what raiding even WAS, I didn't get to max level until towards the end, I started raiding in BC.

I was on EU servers before since that's where I was. Also this toon was made late Cata, hence my low raid achievements.

I am not a hardcore raider like my BF, but I want more challenge than what there is now. The little heroics I did in mop were seriously embarrassing for Blizzard.

This toon was made at the beginning of Cata and was NOT my first toon :) You're saying you want more challenge but you won't try the content. There is harder content in normal raids - go bang your head against a wall in a pug, or join a casual guild. Or just get with 4 other friends and try out the Challenger modes. You cannot say that the content is easy and 'crap' without having attempted it first. Since you have said this is your current main, and you have done nothing but level and heroics in this current expansion, you cannot COMMENT on the level of difficulty it has to offer. You can't use your so called 'hardcore raider boyfriend that gets sponsored to play' as a scapegoat as to why it may be easy, if you haven't tested the level of difficulty for yourself. You logic is just mind numbing, deary. You seriously are giving me a headache.
100 Draenei Shaman
I was on EU servers before since that's where I was. Also this toon was made late Cata, hence my low raid achievements.

I am not a hardcore raider like my BF, but I want more challenge than what there is now. The little heroics I did in mop were seriously embarrassing for Blizzard.

Achievements are shared across your accounts. I only look at your Feats of Strength. Really, I only respect the achievements from people who have at least Exalted with ZG and Aqual Quintessence. If you have those, you have some sort of basis for comparison.

Oh, and raiding ZG used to be standing in a pile on the stairs while a tank and a healer fought the boss. I didn't see Hakkar for months, yet I killed him several times.

Remember when raid resets were individual based on raid? We should bring that back, too. None of this Tuesday !@#$.
100 Draenei Shaman
11/14/2012 12:06 AMPosted by Tomaxx
And fights today consist of "Don't stand in that" and move when DBM tells you to, I want challenge in my raids and epics to not be handed out like candy, I want them only for raiders not for people who don't, I want MEANING back in this game.

And I'm telling you that the challenge in the raids were only because the fights were new and you were undergeared with very, very few exceptions. They weren't difficult because they were actually challenging. They were difficult because no one had ever done anything like that before. Now, 7 years later, I can say, "Oh, that's Netherspite beams with the Lurker Below added in" or whatever.

You're mad that Blizzard isn't being innovative enough. You're also mad that addons have made things too easy.

In most cases, wipes hinged on a few people: your tank or your dispeller.
The tanking issues were handled by getting CTRaid to fix Blizzard's problems. Dispelling was fixed by Decursive and, once that was broken, mouseover macros. You had a channel where the hunters would coordinate tranq shots.

None of this is difficult. It was just new and hacky. Make people play without beta testing and without addons. It will be more difficult, but it won't necessarily be more fun. And instead of "stand on the triangle" it will be "stand on this rock".
90 Blood Elf Mage
@ Holy, scale from 1-10 how hard is reg MoP raids vs BC Raids

1-10 how did blizzard handle raid progression in MoP vs BC

1-10 how do you like the current role setup vs BC (trees/shamans raid healed, pallys/priest single target healed, each class gets their own unique buffs and debuffs)

im not gunna even bring up LK or Cata as you already stated DW was loot candy,
and your insane if you say Kael or Illidan was

arguing the fact that current raids aren't faceroll vs BC is futile, i looked at your ach, you raided in BC
90 Human Death Knight
Actually MoP is much better than Cata. Although, the game doesn't have the same interest level for me as it did when I started at vanilla. Many people complained about how bad vanilla was, but I liked the challenge of it. The only two things I will say thats bad about MoP is the multi server zones...very irritating and how easy this game has become. LFR is pretty cool IMO and the story lines of MoP.

Having 9 level 90s just seems to much playing time. Do what I did....
1. Just play WOW a couple of days per week.
2. Spend time with the family.
3. Start another MMO one day per week to get a variety. Lotro is free and is a good time killer.
4. Go fishing on the weekend.

Best wishes to ya : )
90 Human Death Knight
There is definitely legitimacy to your post, and we've been reading a lot of the feedback players have been sharing lately as we evaluate our endgame progression systems. Even as World of Warcraft evolves over each expansion, and as happy as we are with the experience we crafted for Mists of Pandaria, we always know we can do better.

Having said all of that, I'm just not personally sure we can design a game that's going to feel fresh and rife with content every time you login, if the expectation is that the average World of Warcraft player will have nine level-90 characters less than two months after the expansion's release. I really don't mean this as a judgment of how you choose to spend your time, either. But when considering everything you said in your post -- you mention needing time for family and enjoying casual content -- your noted (or implied) play time really sticks out.

Another sticking point is you brought up being forced to either do dailies or PvP. Why? Looking only at progression of character power at 90, do you not want to do scenarios, dungeons, or raids? What pushes you into reputation progression such that you feel you have to do it x9 and burn out on the game?

wow, how low blizzard has gone to heir community managers like you. Sigh, it used to be a role model for other games. Now its just a huge grind to make profit. Not meant for any people with jobs. And yes I do think its time to look for another game when you get such reply on forums.
90 Draenei Paladin
Hax
@ Holy, scale from 1-10 how hard is reg MoP raids vs BC Raids

1-10 how did blizzard handle raid progression in MoP vs BC

1-10 how do you like the current role setup vs BC (trees/shamans raid healed, pallys/priest single target healed, each class gets their own unique buffs and debuffs)

im not gunna even bring up LK or Cata as you already stated DW was loot candy,
and your insane if you say Kael or Illidan was

arguing the fact that current raids aren't faceroll vs BC is futile, i looked at your ach, you raided in BC

I can't really comment tbh, because in BC I was new to the game, and wasn't overly geared at all because back then I didn't know HOW, didn't have the time etc. I still REALLY enjoyed it, and went through kara and ZA before moving onto WoTLK. However now I do have time, I'd say my guild is pretty progressed and we all try very hard, make little mistakes etc. I'd say they are close to even, with BC being a little harder and more inaccessible to late players as there was NO system of getting gear to progress. However this expansion you DO have those gruelling rep grinds if you WANT them, you have LFR etc which all makes it easier. In terms of encounters, I'd say they are pretty even. These raids have a good feel of difficulty. Every boss I have tried thus far par Spirit Kings on normal have been a huge step up in difficulty from any bosses in Wrath and Cataclysm given my skill, time available and experience I had at the time. But anyway:

I'd say an 8ish - There's pros and cons. It IS slightly easier to progress in these raids than it was in BC, but they also made the raids more accessible - not stupidly accessible like in Wrath/Cata, but accessible. Meaning rather than being 0.1% of people being able to clear the content, I'd say about 1% will come in its place. I think its a change made for the better.

I personally love the changes to holy pallies. They were SO boring when all you did was have a tank beaconed and holy light the other tanks. I love what each of my fellow healers can bring to a raid in their cooldowns and abilities, and not having to get specific classes just for a buff but having a few varied choices. There is still quite a bit of choice; You can't just bring 10 paladins or 10 monks and complete a raid. There a re plenty of encounter specific abilities that require you to have certain classes or cooldowns in place. I'd say 9/10.

OP wasnt saying current raids are faceroll vs BC, she was saying current raids are faceroll period without having tried them herself. :) I don't even believe they ARE faceroll vs BC, however I believe WoTLK and Cata WERE.
90 Blood Elf Mage
11/14/2012 12:21 AMPosted by Zare
wow, how low blizzard has gone to heir community managers like you. Sigh, it used to be a role model for other games. Now its just a huge grind to make profit. Not meant for any people with jobs. And yes I do think its time to look for another game when you get such reply on forums.

what he doesnt get is most wow players have multiple alts, what else is there to do when we get stuck in a dead zone like march-november, but lvl another toon, maybe if they would show some creativity like they did in BC, (when i had 2 lvl 70s, not my current 2 90s and 5 85s)
90 Draenei Paladin
Hax
Adding to my last post: People I know played pretty casually and did go through the raids in BC, unlike me. They weren't very good at the game, and neither were the 9 other people she played with. They went in with blues and little knowledge, yet completed it every week. We are comparing Regular MV (Entry level raid) with BC's entry level raid. (Kara) Beyond that, ZA wasn't overly difficult and I completed this raid on her druid in blues, in my very first raid as a tank. She also managed to go into SSC with this group.
90 Human Death Knight

what he doesnt get is most wow players have multiple alts, what else is there to do when we get stuck in a dead zone like march-november, but lvl another toon, maybe if they would show some creativity like they did in BC, (when i had 2 lvl 70s, not my current 2 90s and 5 85s)

heh, yeah. I dare him (Zarhym Community Manager)to put the play time of all his toons here before making any further post.
90 Draenei Paladin
Hax
11/14/2012 12:30 AMPosted by Alastair
I'd say they are close to even, with BC being a little harder and more inaccessible to late players as there was NO system of getting gear to progress

The jp vendor? The Jp vendor added with SSO was on par to t6

Tier 6 was not released until the end of the expansion so this is void. We are only in the first 2 months of this expansion. There was no loot handed out at the beginning of BC.
90 Human Death Knight

This game is CATERED to people with jobs and families! Are you off your rocker man?????? Try doing anything in Vanilla or BC, you wouldn't have survived!

how many users were playing wow in vanilla ? I bet not 11 million. How many actually did all the content ?
90 Human Monk
Saw this post, felt obliged to log in
To be honest the games clientele is too diverse to leave everyone pleased. You may have to do dailies for decent gear, but in contrast we can revisit the cataclysm days where you would fly circles over and over and over waiting for the new patch to come out, just because you got gear in the space of two weeks.
The daily rep grind is nothing. you have claimed to be a long lasting member, yet you have seem to have forgotten the previous experience of 8 hour long Molten core run, or the endless struggle to get attuned to get into old naxx, yet vanilla wow is still cherished by remaining players.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]