Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
And I fully expect a 5% nerf to roll into MV in the next 3-4 weeks. That timeline is somewhat dictated by the addition of new raid bosses every single week into LFR. Next week in LFR there will be 4 more bosses. That's 16 bosses a week to get loot from, even with relatively low drop rates - you're odds are pretty good with that many bosses. So, people should be gearing up.

Then add on 6 more bosses to that from MV, 22 bosses a week. I'd imagine some casuals having a tough time even keeping up with that much raid content.

Blizzard should stop nerfing the real raids. This practice only pisses off real raiders and does crap all to fix the issues the masses are facing. Most players face two issues in their time on WoW - lack of leadership and insufficient dedication for various reasons, mainly lack of time.

Since now WoW wants to appeal to everyone and not just to nerds with no lives and pro gamers, Blizzard should make corrections to their approach to adjust the game to the way the masses work.

-Release the bosses on Standard difficulty in a separate LFR mode. Call it "Advanced LFR" if you wish.
-Make the groups of 40 instead of 25 men so that they will have increased fault tolerance to compensate for lack of leadership
-Make the gear requirements such, that a player can only do "LFR Advanced" if they have an average ilvl matching the one from the easymode LFR, to make sure everyone is sufficiently geared.
-Keep the loot at the standard quantities you get for the 25 men version, because by adding 15 men and doing it guildless and leaderless you are skipping some of the complexity and depth of the game, so the roll odds for these people must be steeper.

There you have it. Real raiders won't complain about raid nerfs and the masses will get to experience the real raids their way. Everyone is happy.
90 Night Elf Monk
Almost 200 pages. This little thread is all grown up now.
90 Draenei Shaman
I believe someone has already stated this but.... the top guilds in WoW clear content in mostly entry level gear, which makes you argument of *having to grind dailies to get gear* invalid.

Three players from Blood Legion interviewed said that dailies are required and that the grind from dailies is excesive.

Try again.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/14/2012 05:53 AMPosted by Saanen
Three players from Blood Legion interviewed said that dailies are required and that the grind from dailies is excesive.

Yeah but these guys have no imagination. You know dailies could be changed for something else right?
90 Gnome Warlock
11/14/2012 05:30 AMPosted by Allyse
Blizzard should stop nerfing the real raids. This practice only pisses off real raiders and does crap all to fix the issues the masses are facing. Most players face two issues in their time on WoW - lack of leadership and insufficient dedication for various reasons, mainly lack of time.

I think the issue is not so much nerfing in general as how it has been done sometimes (Firelands in particular was a bad example). The progressive 5% nerfs serve a good role, I think, if they're timed right.

Without them, you'd either have to tune all of the raid difficulties down and disappoint the most hardcore guilds, or there would come a point before the next tier was released where most "average" guilds are brick-walled for weeks and realize they just aren't going to make it further with their group composition or skill level, so they might as well unsub until the next tier is released.
100 Undead Rogue
All I gotta say is that I love dailies. Hope they're here to stay.

Would the argument "I love WoW but I have 9 characters and don't have the time to do heroic mode raids on all 9 of them every week, so remove heroic mode raids!" fly? No, it wouldn't. If you choose not to do heroic mode raids, you do not get the gear that others chose to do and obtain.

Same logic for dailies: You can choose not to do them.

All the anti-daily whining is silly. You can get many VP items by simply reaching honored, and even at that.. VP gear was never originally intended as a means to fully gear, but rather to supplement gearing for raiders who were unlucky with drops or rolls.
100 Undead Rogue
I believe someone has already stated this but.... the top guilds in WoW clear content in mostly entry level gear, which makes you argument of *having to grind dailies to get gear* invalid.

Try again.

Players from Blood Legion understand that any advantage they can have that they do not take is a penalty. I feel that way as well.

To a casual player, dailies are not a requirement AT ALL. Daily gear matters a TON if, like Blood Legion, you are going after WORLD FIRSTS. If you are going for Realm 16th's then dailies mean NOTHING.
90 Draenei Shaman

You bring up an interesting point I'd like you or anyone else to elaborate on. What exactly does keep you in the game then? I mean, you're implying it as though this person is saying daily quests are the only thing that is around to do. What is this game missing that doesn't keep you here for more than a month? New content? That's already on its way.

MoP has a lot of content, A LOT of content that i cant enjoy because i had to put my free time doing dailies.

I would LOVE for example to be able to do pet battles, but since i am doing dailies in my free time my biggest level pet is 6.
I would love to hunt rares, but i cant, too busy doing daileis.
I would love to find the special items (like the minning pick that has a chance to give you gems), but i cant, dont have time since i have to do dailies.
I would love to farm for skyshard for the awesome mounts, but cant.
I would love to keep trying to get the raven lord mount that have eluded me for so long, but i cant even go do that 5 min dungeon because i simply dont have enough time.
I would love to do more MoP dungeons, i enjoy them and think they are fun, but i am too busy doing dailies.
I would love to do more scenarios, but dont have time.
I would love to level my alts, but cant.
I would love to go get more transmog items that look great, but cant, dont have time.
Hell, i would love even to log more into the game, but some days i just dont because if i log and try to do any of those things i feel bad because i know i should be doing dailies.

And there are many more things i would be able to do.
90 Draenei Shaman

Players from Blood Legion understand that any advantage they can have that they do not take is a penalty. I feel that way as well.

To a casual player, dailies are not a requirement AT ALL. Daily gear matters a TON if, like Blood Legion, you are going after WORLD FIRSTS. If you are going for Realm 16th's then dailies mean NOTHING.

I am a casual player. Dailies for me are a requirement. Not because anyone forces me, but because i know that if i dont do them i am holding my raid group back. I know we have a lot of limitations, and every single bit of help is very important.
So no, to casuals dailies are also Va requirement.
Edited by Saanen on 11/14/2012 6:31 AM PST
90 Draenei Shaman

Do scenarios, heroics, LFR or PVP. Go fishing, or gathering, or whatever else you do to make cash. Go back and finish achievements you always meant to do but never got around to. Help a friend/guildie with some dungeon runs for their alts.

I cant, because i have to do the dailies and they take all my free wow time.
57 Pandaren Monk
Man, I'm sorry to gripe a little, but I don't know how much longer I can handle all the whining and groaning about dailies. It's infuriating, b/c I'm almost positive that many of the same people who are complaining right now about having too much to do, too much time consuming content, too much gating and describe dailies as something they are "forced" to do, are the same freaking people who would bemoan having nothing to do, if none of these things existed in the game right now.

These "hardcore" players who are crying about this, crying because they "must" do dailies to progress and be competitive in their guild for raiding, are the same brats who would wait in line all night long, just to be some of the first to accuse Blizzard of catering to the casuals, as they say.

So many (not all) of these same people want to have their cake and eat it, too. This is a game with varying tastes and a huge audience to please. Things will most likely never be exactly as you wish. If they were, then I'd have the ability to own rogues one on one with my caster, no matter when or where. But, pvp is not balanced for 1v1. I suck it up and move on.

Dailies are grinding, grinding with reward. So many of the folks who complain that they have little time to play and don't want to waste it on dailies are coincidentally the same people who say that they are "forced" to do dailies to raid with their hardcore guild every other night. Seriously? Isn't that sort of contradictory? If you need time for your family, how is it possible that you are a hardcore raider? Raids do not take a half an hour a night, people. So, don't sit there and pretend that dailies are wasting the time in your life that you could be spending with your three children and then in the same breath, say how upset you are that you need to do those same dailies, so you can spend hours a week raiding. :/

You do not HAVE to do dailies to raid. You may WANT to do dailies to raid with more ease, but you are absolutely not required to hit exalted with every single faction to be viable for raids. And, if your guild is that freaking ridiculous that they are making you do such things, in order to be a true part of the group, then for heaven's sake, WoW is already a second job and not because of dailies, but because of your guild. Get out, get out while you still can.

This is a game and dailies are meant to be a grind, for the most part. There are absolutely things that could be better. But, you need to stop asking for watered down content and then complaining when things become too easy. We have more variety in content than we EVER have before. We should be so grateful for all the avenues we can explore, as players.

I'm a newborn casual who used to raid quite a lot. But, life has taken precedent and I no longer have as much time to play as I wish. So, if anyone should be complaining about dailies taking too much time, shouldn't it be players like me, the "casual" player? Yet, I love the new dailies. Everything can always be tweaked to be even better, but I am beyond satisfied with what I have currently. It's the hardcore players, from what I can tell, who are so displeased with all this grinding. If all you want is to race to 90 the first week after launch and then raid your butt off for a few months, only to cry how bored you are, after that and blame Blizzard for not giving you more content, then I'm sorry, but you're a spoiled brat. Slow the eff down and enjoy yourself. This isn't about play style, either. I hate the freaking cop-out. This is about patience, knowing what real enjoyment is, and playing a game for fun. This is a game, it's meant to be played through like a game.

Just please, please stop whining. I hate when people race through something and then have the balls to act upset that there isn't anything else left to do. Are you kidding me? That's like reading the last page of a book first and then crying because you already know how it ends. Well, maybe if you had just taken your damn time and read the book start to finish, slowly, and enjoyably, it wouldn't all feel so damn anti-climactic.

/endrant
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/14/2012 06:12 AMPosted by Values
To a casual player, dailies are not a requirement AT ALL.

Define "casual".

Here is a list of things for you. Check all that are not a requirement.

-Having a high level toon.
-Doing raids.
-Doing PVP.
-Doing quests.
-Doing dungeons.
-Doing x-mog runs.
-Doing pet battles.
-Having a pet.
-Having a mount.
-Choosing talents.
-Sticking to a rotation.
-Having "friends" on your list.
-Being in a guild.
-Staying in a city.
-Participating in the economy.
-Playing the game.

Nobody forces your hand into any of these, but most people still do most of these and PERCEIVE them as "mandatory". There is an established way Azeroth works.

Want a spot on these raid groups ? Better do those dailies, and dungeons and get that gear, because no guild is going to let you in with weaker gear, as most average guilds for casuals already find the content challenging enough and OVERGEARING it compensates for their internal problems and poor leadership, so the COMMUNITY and your social environment peer-pressure you into getting THAT gear, and to get it, you have to do dailies, even if you hate them, or no raids for you, no PUG's, no nothing. Gear from LFR is not going to cut it, if this vendor there offers MUCH BETTER, if you only do what he asks. Every day.

TL;DR - Peer pressure makes this mandatory.
100 Orc Shaman
Good on ya Zahrym speak the truth.
90 Night Elf Monk
Man, I'm sorry to gripe a little, but I don't know how much longer I can handle all the whining and groaning about dailies. It's infuriating, b/c I'm almost positive that many of the same people who are complaining right now about having too much to do, too much time consuming content, too much gating and describe dailies as something they are "forced" to do, are the same freaking people who would bemoan having nothing to do, if none of these things existed in the game right now.

These "hardcore" players who are crying about this, crying because they "must" do dailies to progress and be competitive in their guild for raiding, are the same brats who would wait in line all night long, just to be some of the first to accuse Blizzard of catering to the casuals, as they say.

So many (not all) of these same people want to have their cake and eat it, too. This is a game with varying tastes and a huge audience to please. Things will most likely never be exactly as you wish. If they were, then I'd have the ability to own rogues one on one with my caster, no matter when or where. But, pvp is not balanced for 1v1. I suck it up and move on.

Dailies are grinding, grinding with reward. So many of the folks who complain that they have little time to play and don't want to waste it on dailies are coincidentally the same people who say that they are "forced" to do dailies to raid with their hardcore guild every other night. Seriously? Isn't that sort of contradictory? If you need time for your family, how is it possible that you are a hardcore raider? Raids do not take a half an hour a night, people. So, don't sit there and pretend that dailies are wasting the time in your life that you could be spending with your three children and then in the same breath, say how upset you are that you need to do those same dailies, so you can spend hours a week raiding. :/

You do not HAVE to do dailies to raid. You may WANT to do dailies to raid with more ease, but you are absolutely not required to hit exalted with every single faction to be viable for raids. And, if your guild is that freaking ridiculous that they are making you do such things, in order to be a true part of the group, then for heaven's sake, WoW is already a second job and not because of dailies, but because of your guild. Get out, get out while you still can.

This is a game and dailies are meant to be a grind, for the most part. There are absolutely things that could be better. But, you need to stop asking for watered down content and then complaining when things become too easy. We have more variety in content than we EVER have before. We should be so grateful for all the avenues we can explore, as players.

I'm a newborn casual who used to raid quite a lot. But, life has taken precedent and I no longer have as much time to play as I wish. So, if anyone should be complaining about dailies taking too much time, shouldn't it be players like me, the "casual" player? Yet, I love the new dailies. Everything can always be tweaked to be even better, but I am beyond satisfied with what I have currently. It's the hardcore players, from what I can tell, who are so displeased with all this grinding. If all you want is to race to 90 the first week after launch and then raid your butt off for a few months, only to cry how bored you are, after that and blame Blizzard for not giving you more content, then I'm sorry, but you're a spoiled brat. Slow the eff down and enjoy yourself. This isn't about play style, either. I hate the freaking cop-out. This is about patience, knowing what real enjoyment is, and playing a game for fun. This is a game, it's meant to be played through like a game.

Just please, please stop whining. I hate when people race through something and then have the balls to act upset that there isn't anything else left to do. Are you kidding me? That's like reading the last page of a book first and then crying because you already know how it ends. Well, maybe if you had just taken your damn time and read the book start to finish, slowly, and enjoyably, it wouldn't all feel so damn anti-climactic.

/endrant

If reading these threads is infuriating then you should probably stop and go do something else. You are not "forced" to read the forums hurrrrrrrrrrrr

You make it sound like this is some kind of entitlement issue but it's not. Just because You frequently have to stop and eat glue does not mean the op has to. Maybe he can have fun and be productive at the same time, that does not mean he is a swarm of locusts devouring content and then crying about he is bored.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]