Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

100 Worgen Death Knight
11/13/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Tomaxx
And yes, you DO have to do them to progress.

No, you really don't, I am 3/6 second week in and am only honored with Golden Lotus and second best healer in the raid.

You are funny, at the time you made this exact post you had 2 rep pieces that required revered equipped, one of which was golden lotus.. you could at least be honest when you throw BS out there like it is factual.
90 Night Elf Monk
11/14/2012 06:49 AMPosted by Pandrabullok
Damn son, it seems that you're upset?

I don't have to be upset to call you retarded.
55 Gnome Death Knight
Dailies have killed the joy of having alts. This has been the worst expac so far, by far. Maybe it's just because there are so many other viable options to play instead of WoW, but the game designers just dropped the ball on this one. It happens.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight

Sadly, I don't have the 25K anymore that is required to get the healing mace; I spent it all on the enhancement gear and the 40K required for the BiS Darkmoon Faire DPS trinket. There's no BS weapon for enhancement. Try again.

I do sell things on the AH, but I cannot get 25K without playing the AH...and that's as bad as grinding.

a blue from a blacksmith does not cost 25k.

You should see some servers. I've gotten 2500g for crafted 450 blues. 15k for a 463 weapon in the last week. I can believe some servers would go more. Since motes are BoP, if you want a weapon that takes motes/spirits, you have to pay what the person wants or find an alternative like dungeon drops/lfr drops/leveling a blacksmith/scribe.

For casters, I'd suggest scribe is easier to level, except the 20day wait for the 476 boa staff can hurt.

I used a 463 dagger out of one of the scarlet instances till my 489 dropped for my priest.
90 Human Death Knight
11/14/2012 06:54 AMPosted by Buzzstomp
Dailies have killed the joy of having alts. This has been the worst expac so far, by far. Maybe it's just because there are so many other viable options to play instead of WoW, but the game designers just dropped the ball on this one. It happens.

The only thing that was killed was your enthusiasm for the game.
Perhaps it can be resurrected.
One can enjoy the game without doing dailies.
I'll admit, I don't like logging on to people saying they have to do dailies instead of playing the game with me.
Edited by Babelon on 11/14/2012 7:01 AM PST
90 Night Elf Monk
Now you're slinging insults, you are, indeed, upset. It seems my job is done for the day :)

Good day to you, sir. May your eggs always boil and your tires never deflate.

Does it make sense to read threads like these and then complain about being tired of seeing them? That's like staring at the sun and then complaining about going blind. Also resorting to, "lolumad" when you get a reply doesn't speak volumes either.
100 Pandaren Priest
Personally, I think the system would be fine IF reputation were account-wide. I don't mind grinding out a faction. It has a unique storyline and is well done. But I don't want to do it more than once..
57 Pandaren Monk
11/14/2012 07:05 AMPosted by Kaldrina
Personally, I think the system would be fine IF reputation were account-wide. I don't mind grinding out a faction. It has a unique storyline and is well done. But I don't want to do it more than once..

True, true, I feel you.
90 Blood Elf Priest

That will be far too late, I am afraid.

Why my friend took a two year break from wow and it never hurt him

Well gee...if your friend did it, I guess that makes it okay for everyone else. Forget the whole post, Devs!
90 Goblin Warlock
For instance, we talked recently to the developers about an evolution on the idea of being able to champion a faction via a tabard. What we don't want to repeat is the design that let players max out every faction reputation just by wearing a tabard while doing other content. So instead of endlessly getting reputation for every dungeon, maybe you only get a bonus once a day. It doesn't allow you to skip dailies altogether, but you can at least pad your rep gains a little bit.

Another cool part about this idea is that we can probably make it work through the UI, rather than requiring you to wear a tabard you may not think matches your bracers (teehee). It could be as simple as making it so that you champion the faction you selected to show as your XP bar.

I agree the dailies are boring as hell. I have been 90 since 3 days after launch and I'm still not exalted with any of the factions, mainly because the dailies became a chore. I hear a ton of issues the devs have with people getting rep by doing nothing but running a dungeon that has nothing to do with that faction and wearing their tabbard, and honestly, I don't think this is the answer. I also don't think this is as complicated of an issue as you are making it out to be Zarhym.

The Blizzard Dev's and the Community as a whole have overlooked a few very important new features when it comes to gaining reputation, the first being Scenarios. Scenarios, while not completely impactful to the games overall story (Theramore being the exception), allow us to interact with members of certain factions, and even save a few villages from attackers or make some sweet brew. Why can't you tie reputation into these? Say when a scenario is complete, you get a flat 300 rep. No need for a tabard here.

For those factions without scenarios tied to them, allow us to gain rep by completing heroic dungeons that are relevant to their faction. When we complete the dungeon, why not give us a flat 300 rep for that faction? I mean we did just rid the Monastery of the Sha of Violence, save Taran Zhu from the Sha of Hatred and cleansed the Shado-Pan Monastery of the lesser Sha didn't we? That's asking a lot from someone for a piece of gear that by now is no longer an upgrade. Again, no need for a tabard to show that I am concerned about a faction. Ok, so there are some design considerations and balance issues to be looked at, I can see that. Why not just add an item like the Relic of Guo-Lai to the dungeons loot table that gives players a flat increase in reputation that is group loot (meaning everyone gets one), but is only lootable by someone who is honored or above with that faction. The drop rate doesn't have to be 100%, even if it were 25% I think people would be much happier.

You can also give us something to do with these 800+ Lesser Charm of Good Fortune everyone has sitting in their bank. Let us spend the excess we have on gifts to present to faction leaders in return for rep or a bag with a chance at a rep gain item like the Relic of Guo-Lai. Again it doesn't have to be 100% drop rate to make people happy. There is no reason to have an over abundance of currency like this if we can't spend it. At the rate we are getting these things, there should be something to spend them on besides getting 3 Elder Charms per week. Why not rep?

There are a ton of options for alternative ways to grind rep, while keeping it a grind and making the player work for it. Zarhym I hope you were serious when you said you were taking this feedback to the Devs. The Dev's just need some "outside the box" thinking. Hopefully this makes it to them.
Edited by Whyzlock on 11/14/2012 7:21 AM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
Bloody hell, this thread is STILL going?!

We're about to reach the 200th page and all it took is one ungreatful, butt-hurt moron that complains about every update that Blizzard hands them on the opening post, despite playing since the game was released supposedly.

Accept what Blizzard is atleast trying to do for their game or GTFO.

No, the reason why the thread is still going and reaching its 200 pages is because the OP with his post expressed a concern many of us, that are not unsubbing, have.

And we dont have to mindlessly accept what Blizzard does, its a better behaviour to tell them how we feel about the game, why we feel this way and try to help them make a better game with our feedback.
Bloody hell, this thread is STILL going?!

We're about to reach the 200th page and all it took is one ungreatful, butt-hurt moron that complains about every update that Blizzard hands them on the opening post, despite playing since the game was released supposedly.

Accept what Blizzard is atleast trying to do for their game or GTFO.

And you write

No, the reason why the thread is still going and reaching its 200 pages is because the OP with his post expressed a concern many of us, that are not unsubbing, have.

And we dont have to mindlessly accept what Blizzard does, its a better behaviour to tell them how we feel about the game, why we feel this way and try to help them make a better game with our feedback.

Oh, excuse me; let me correct myself by editing that post.
Edited by Evellania on 11/14/2012 7:27 AM PST
57 Pandaren Monk
11/14/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Gnømercy
200 pages of an I quit thread. Guess the forum is all about the drama lol

Always has been, lol.
Edited by Pandrabullok on 11/14/2012 7:26 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]