Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

100 Draenei Shaman
11/11/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Osmeric
You don't need VP gear. Especially if the only raiding you're doing on that character is LFR. You don't even need it if you're raiding normal or heroic raids either as VP gear is inferior to normal raid gear. VP gear is even inferior to some LFR gear because the VP gear has terrible itemization.

VP grinding is going to be required going forward, because of the upgrade mechanism.

Which isn't tied to reputation as far as I'm aware.
23 Blood Elf Warlock
So...dibs on your stuff...?
Check back in a few months. I have a suspicion things will change.
People will troll you just for the simple fact it's the cool thing to do on these forums when someone says they are leaving. But they know it too, dailies suck and aren't fun.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad, its the point where you get to 90 and you are pigeon holed into grinding dailies over and over or PVP'ing (which I do NOT enjoy). So I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot and used to enjoy this game massively.

Bold/Underlined in particular
MoP release date = September 25, 2012
Today's date = November 11, 2012
You leveled NINE characters to 90 in a month and a half. To each his own I suppose, but I think I found an underlying problem.

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

Oops. You don't ever HAVE to do a daily if all you care about is gear progression for your character. Dailies allow supplemental upgrades or shortcuts past some group content. But If you truly hate dailies and only want gear, you needn't ever do a single one.

*EDIT* And seriously, are you claiming the family/life card while also mentioning your legion of alts now at 90?
Edited by Sperri on 11/11/2012 4:44 PM PST
69 Blood Elf Paladin
Bro, do you even lift

we all know you'll be back in a few months.
Edited by Limbadin on 11/11/2012 4:40 PM PST
No one if forcing you to do dailies. You Don't need valor to be successful in raids (if your in a guild that wants you to have all BiS then sure but that's your choice). The new loot system is no different than what LFR was before I did plenty of lfrs where i got nothing for weeks.

It's your choice how you play this game man. All this "blizz is forcing me to do this" is all self inflicted imo.

This is incredibly stupid. No one is forcing you to do ANYTHING. You don't HAVE to raid, you don't HAVE to pvp, you don't HAVE to level professions. At the end of the day though guild progression is based on gear(and some skill). Guild make progression off gear and if gear is available you're expected to put an effort into getting it to continue progression. You don't HAVE to do jack sh*t, you're just limiting your options which players DON't WANT to do.
Edited by Jerks on 11/11/2012 4:44 PM PST
100 Night Elf Hunter
11/11/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Monk
I leveled nine classes to 90

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

Does not compute.
91 Pandaren Mage
Because running a raid for five hours a week to maybe get gear was so much better than doing dailies to certainly get gear.
90 Dwarf Shaman
11/11/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Jerks
At the end of the day though guild progression is based on gear

please tell that to the hardcore raiders that cleared mogu in like a week. Because i'm sure they were fully Vp geared... in that one week....yeah.
90 Blood Elf Priest
why change it in 6 months so every other player who couldn't be bothered grinding rep can get the mounts/gear easier & quicker than you did?

you missed one important point,, and that is you had to get exalted on one character to get access to the improved faster rep gains.. the change is so once you have gotten one toon to exalted with the factions and such ,, you do not have to do the same with all your alts.

I for one agree with that. I do not mind getting one toon to exalted with the rep, but to get to 90 and grind out rep on all my alts made me think that I will never even bother leveling my alts til I am really really bored.. this and a few other changes may make me think otherwise
95 Night Elf Mage

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

What is so wrong about MOP and gearing up? They've given you MORE ways to do it - with dailies giving badges and all.

Sure, if you are trying to gear up in the first two months of the expansion, it'll be tough but, for goodness sakes, it's two months into a year long expansion. Why the rush? >>
90 Troll Druid
Glad you're getting out! I need to as well...even with how un-fun the game can be at times, I keep sticking around because I've got several friends that still do enjoy, so I log on to play with them.

Hopefully I'll be able to just....stop before too long :D
39 Undead Rogue
Want a tissue?
80 Pandaren Mage
11/11/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Morgatala
dat name...

Thats what I was thinking.
100 Troll Priest
11/11/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Pandamonïum
dat name...

Thats what I was thinking.

Me too. :)
90 Pandaren Monk
real quitters dont have to justify themselves for leaving, see you soon
90 Troll Mage

So your basically leaving because of an optional feature? Granted it is 'recommended'.

But really? Dailies are your problem, and not that trainwreck we called Cataclysm?
90 Gnome Warrior
11/11/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Osmeric
You don't need VP gear. Especially if the only raiding you're doing on that character is LFR. You don't even need it if you're raiding normal or heroic raids either as VP gear is inferior to normal raid gear. VP gear is even inferior to some LFR gear because the VP gear has terrible itemization.

VP grinding is going to be required going forward, because of the upgrade mechanism.

And yet you can STILL get VP from randoms and LFR. Dailies are there merely to give those who do not wish to raid a way to play catch up with the increasing LFR ilvl requirements. Most others will do as they've always done: play pattycake with the RNG gods in Regular Raids.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]