Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/14/2012 08:27 PMPosted by Analt
Sorry for the snips, but I felt they were necessary.

No problemo.
A fun community is definitely something that needs to be nurtured. You can see other games go to great lengths to avoid Blizzard's mistakes in this area. Hopefully Blizzard has people way smarter than me at game design, because I have absolutely no freaking clue how to turn that boat around.

I stand by my assertion that matchmaking groups should be more comprehensive than simply ilevel. Beyond that, I'm in the same boat.
11/14/2012 08:28 PMPosted by Trashpig
Nice to meet you man! :)

I just looked that up and high-five!
11/14/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Därkly
They went from no content to SPLAT all over the place lol.

It really is hectic.
90 Troll Hunter
I read everything lol. Even un-paragraphed walls. I am not a hardcore raider myself. Hell I got H DW at 35% nerf lol. I never considered myself to be some elite raider. I think there is just too much to do in this expansion. They went from no content to SPLAT all over the place lol.[/quote]

The content in itself is second to none! Great quest lines none to short none to long. The dungeons best yet. I think Blizz does deserve a KUDOS for that aspect of the expansion. Its every where else they have failed IMO....
87 Undead Rogue
I KNEW IT! :)
11 Human Rogue
11/12/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Kaìtlynn
9 level 90s? 9 LEVEL 90s? 9 LEVEL 90's!!!?!?!?!?!??!?!

This.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/14/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Firestyle
one person actually can't keep up with casting the right spells at the right time on an alt-army.

Meh. I play my game my way, you have yours. We would probably never meet under other circumstances, but we're having a civil discourse like we are now, sharing different views of the same game, and we both agree: phat lewts muz b errnd.

When it comes time for me to actually go out and hit dungeons, I go with as many guildies as I can, we're all of similar temperment and we're in no rush to destroy content, and we're all very forgiving of each other's mistakes.

Would epics be nice? Yeah, sure, someday.

But we realize that we don't 'inflict' our lack of top-tier skill on anyone else (I despise that attitude) and if we can't clear the content, we'll come back and try later.
90 Gnome Mage
11/14/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Wexlur
I stand by my assertion that matchmaking groups should be more comprehensive than simply ilevel. Beyond that, I'm in the same boat.

It definitely would help a little, don't get me wrong. It's just a ton of work. Consoles do it because every game gets to benefit from the work by just calling into the API.

For Blizzard, I just think it's more realistic to just reward people for making their own groups like other MMOs do to encourage a healthy community. Don't give +15% dps, healing, HP and goody bags to people for running with strangers, give the perks to people making new friends. Give us something cool every time we finish the 5th dungeon with a new person or something. Don't give the best rewards for solo content. Foster community building instead of encouraging people to do everything by themselves.
87 Undead Rogue
11/14/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Wexlur
one person actually can't keep up with casting the right spells at the right time on an alt-army.

Meh. I play my game my way, you have yours. We would probably never meet under other circumstances, but we're having a civil discourse like we are now, sharing different views of the same game, and we both agree: phat lewts muz b errnd.

When it comes time for me to actually go out and hit dungeons, I go with as many guildies as I can, we're all of similar temperment and we're in no rush to destroy content, and we're all very forgiving of each other's mistakes.

Would epics be nice? Yeah, sure, someday.

But we realize that we don't 'inflict' our lack of top-tier skill on anyone else (I despise that attitude) and if we can't clear the content, we'll come back and try later.

I want to join your Guild. I've been looking for your Guild for 6 years, and right as I'm leaving too! :) Funny how things work out like that. Your accepting and cool attitude is what I need in a guild. Been in too many condescending and social forcing guilds.
11/14/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Firestyle
Focus needs to be less on gear and more on casting the right spells at the right time. And I know it's harder, but it lasts a lot longer than gear....

I agree with that.

But it doesn't change that the gear itself improves the damage done when you are casting the spells at the right time. That's why so many raiders are feeling driven to get VP gear and hating that the dailies are gating it. They've been blocked access to gear that makes a considerable difference to their performance, especially if drop RNG off the raid bosses has been bad for them.

I've been incredibly lucky so far in my raid group. It seems like very week we see the Jade Spirit Leggings drop off Stone Guard but I'm the only one that "technically" should be using them. They were a net upgrade for our lock over the JP gear he had and so he took them to reforge the spirit one times they dropped.

But still, those always dropping means others who need gear off that boss are missing out on the things they need. To make up for their lack of luck when something needed wouldn't drop, they used to get VP gear. Now they can't because its blocked behind dailies.

When they can only play for 11-12 hours a week and 8 of those hours are already reserved for raid, that doesn't leave a huge amount of time to get dailies done. They also can't Valor Cap because VP gains have been reduced so much compared to Cata. So they're stuck relying on what drops in raid. They have no catch up mechanism. And that hinders the group as a whole. Our lock would be far better off if he could buy the VP legs rather than use the Jade Spirit Leggings but he doesn't have the excess time to do dailies so he'll miss out. And that frustrates him more than even the rest of us because he feels like he's holding us back because his performance isn't as good as it would be with the gear.

This is where the system gets messy. It's fine if you only play the game as a solo player without making any commitments to a group. Your progress only affects you.

When you play to raid with a group, your progress affects everyone in the group.

We're not kicking anyone from our group because they don't have time to grind dailies but it is frustrating all of us.

There are some good players out there who won't be that lucky. They won't get the chance to raid at all because they can't get to the gear without doing dailies and most groups won't invite you without the gear.
90 Troll Hunter
Phat lewtz must be errnd:

I like that and def agree! However Blizz has their way and thoughts, you have your way and thoughts on what earned I have my way and thoughts, More are disagreeing than agreeing that is the problem at hand...

I know we have a lawyer in here somewhere so correct me plz!!!!

It's a prime example this old court case in Ohio. Ohio Vs I forget...

"When you open your business to the public you must submit to public demand."

Pretty much that's what the out come of the case was..... Now it does not have a whole lot of merit here but it just goes to saying......

BLIZZ I'd start changing stuff rather quickly if you want to keep eating your Kobe(sp) Beef
87 Undead Rogue
I am leaving too. I had 2 accounts, one that already ran out. This one still has a few days left.

I don't know... but something is def wrong with the design.

I've seen many of your posts pop up and thought I'd finally comment to you. It's sad to see someone like you also leaving. We're all slowly fading aren't we?

I knew I had bad vibes with this expack coming. No, it wasn't the pandas. Sure, I detested them at first, but it's just cosmetics. It's the changes to the game I have an issue with. Pandas are fine, but I won't roll one.

My account expires in 9 days? Wow... so soon. It's shocking and upsetting. I'm really disappointed with Blizzard for ruining a very good thing.

Best of luck to your ventures forth.
Edited by Trashpig on 11/14/2012 9:06 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/14/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Trashpig
I want to join your Guild. I've been looking for your Guild for 6 years, and right as I'm leaving too! :) Funny how things work out like that. Your accepting and cool attitude is what I need in a guild. Been in too many condescending and social forcing guilds.

I'm on the way out too =(

But, I'd rather go out liking the game as I do now than forcing myself through the grind ahead and resenting all the time I've spent with this game. Thankfully, I can keep up with my guildies via text and facebook.
90 Troll Hunter
I have a family [...]I leveled nine classes to 90

Wow, I'm married but I have no kids (yet, I'm young). And I've got two 90's. Were do you find the time to get nine 90's with a family?

I can't even find the time to level any more of my characters due to the time I'm spending gear and rep farming on one toon, on top of the transmog / old content farming I'm doing to get a cool looking set of gear.

The dailies are ridiculous. I'm only doing Klaxxi these days on my DK to get the weapons. I've only just hit revered. I'm completely ignore all the vale quests and now, even the Tillers. And not even done the fishing guys on any toon.

There's certainly a lot to do, but I'm mostly enjoying my Mog sets and duoing Naxx and other raids for achievements with a friend.

Then again, I took off for almost all of CATA because I couldn't stand it. And I started on day one of Vanilla.
87 Undead Rogue
11/14/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Wexlur

I'm on the way out too =(

But, I'd rather go out liking the game as I do now than forcing myself through the grind ahead and resenting all the time I've spent with this game. Thankfully, I can keep up with my guildies via text and facebook.

Good point. I really think I left at patch 3.3.5a. Wasn't that when ICC was launched? Something like that. I didn't stick around for that part of the xpack. I didn't even do Cata. I came in near the end and did PVP. Took another break, came back before MoP and here I go again. It's safe to say WOTLK is when I last enjoyed the mechanics.

Cata and MoP are just to severe for me. We're dropping like flies. I wonder if Blizzard execs care?

BLIZZ I'd start changing stuff rather quickly if you want to keep eating your Kobe(sp) Beef

They better start because this is starting to snowball. By hearing people's comments about the coming patch notes, doesn't look like it's going to change.
90 Tauren Warrior
So Zar, will we see a change past the 5.1 fix in dailies? (post before cap =)

I don't have anything to report right now.

And what cap? The thread is already above 500 posts, so the cap is now WHATEVER I WANT. :p

Okay, I need food for serious. Carry on with the awesome feedback, all. <3

There just has to be a better balance between the Cata model and the MoP model of rep gains and valor usage. Some people are totally happy with the MoP model, some people were totally happy with the Cata model. They're so fundamentally different the Cata model party will never be happy with how they are right now.

Not everyone feels that quests are content. To me quests are just a boring single player game stuck in an MMORPG. I don't like them and they're not why I sub to an MMO. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the topic and is entitled to like whatever content they want. The logic behind "double dipping" and "skippable content" makes no sense to me. You made PvP arenas, isn't that "skipped content" if a PvPer only ever plays battlegrounds?

So why are PvE oriented players given valor in dungeons and raids, and told you can never touch that currency until you do a separate, totally unrelated system? It's not "double dipping" to let us spend the currency we are given as a reward for killing bosses. It makes absolutely no sense for two very different systems to be so intertwined. It just begs for the alienation of a lot of players.

I think the whole damn system needs to be rethought a bit. We should have a vendor that sells valor gear that we can buy as rewards from our dungeoning activities and there should be separate vendors that sell reputation gear for gold. Maybe make the valor gear closer to the LFR item level and the reputation gear closer to normal raid gear so you can keep that incentive to grind quests you are so hell bent on defending and people who don't like quests can still have something to do with their valor. Maybe bring back some valor BoEs too so the system can have some longevity.
Edited by Astealoth on 11/14/2012 9:30 PM PST
90 Troll Hunter
I fear the worst for Blizz but I am out anyway. I dare to say they are fresh out of NEW ground breaking ideas... There is nothing new about this xpac nothing new that nobody has not seen before... Same concept in Dungeons, raids and Bgs.. The only new thing and that is a fail rep grind for epic gear...

They do a really good job at updating with graphics and lore but that is about it....

It's been this way since BC they promise great things ppl come back Blizz over hypes ppl leave xpac after xpac...this happens.....

Blizz you need ground breaking brand new ideas I agree with Astealoth a whole new revamped system..

How many times can you throw a dog the same bone with a lil more flavoring each time before he bites down and realizes it is the same bone you have always tossed him and when he realizes that does he drop it and not return ever again or is he so loyal that he keeps bringing it back???

Your running out of loyal customers BLIZZ!!!!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]