Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

90 Worgen Hunter
11/12/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Xamont
Oh you mean the fact that they are next to the reforge/transmog areas on PTR with no rep needed isn't enough information?

PTR is not final. What is on PTR may not transfer to live.
5 Orc Hunter
What happened to just leaving rep alone? It was fine the way it was with using tabards. Why fix something that wasn't broken?
100 Human Paladin
11/12/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Sendrunna
What happened to just leaving rep alone? It was fine the way it was with using tabards. Why fix something that wasn't broken?

Blizzard likes to reinvent the wheel, and make it square.

When they find out that doesn't work, they decide the corners were the problem, so their next wheel is a triangle...
90 Pandaren Rogue
how about a compromise?

exalted on main, unlocks a rep tabard for alts

this at the very least is reasonable

Please
90 Night Elf Druid
11/12/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Xamont
Gearing mains and alts in less than a week wasn't broken? LMAO

No lifers gearing out in a week, well nerf them, not everyone else.
90 Undead Mage
Love rep the way it is - except is should probably be disconnected from VP/JP. I think Rep rewards should be completely separated from VP/JP rewards, but I don't want tabards back. I want rep to be a self-contained system. Like, have some epic gear available ONLY through VP/JP, and some available only through Rep.
95 Blood Elf Paladin
What about having them unlock at honored for xxxx amount.....but as you go up in rep the cheaper they get...so you can still get the items at a decent rep level.....but there would still be incentive to continue the rep grind.
82 Blood Elf Warlock
11/12/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Xamont

Gearing mains and alts in less than a week wasn't broken? LMAO

How is that a problem? Any content beneath the current tier is completely irrelevant anyway.
90 Draenei Hunter
Finally ready to call it quits, realized today after almost 8 years of playing that I just didn't enjoy the game anymore.

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad, its the point where you get to 90 and you are pigeon holed into grinding dailies over and over or PVP'ing (which I do NOT enjoy). So I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot and used to enjoy this game massively.

Some will flame me, blizz will probably close the post, but truth be told, if they don't address these things soon there will be many following suit.

There is definitely legitimacy to your post, and we've been reading a lot of the feedback players have been sharing lately as we evaluate our endgame progression systems. Even as World of Warcraft evolves over each expansion, and as happy as we are with the experience we crafted for Mists of Pandaria, we always know we can do better.

Having said all of that, I'm just not personally sure we can design a game that's going to feel fresh and rife with content every time you login, if the expectation is that the average World of Warcraft player will have nine level-90 characters less than two months after the expansion's release. I really don't mean this as a judgment of how you choose to spend your time, either. But when considering everything you said in your post -- you mention needing time for family and enjoying casual content -- your noted (or implied) play time really sticks out.

Another sticking point is you brought up being forced to either do dailies or PvP. Why? Looking only at progression of character power at 90, do you not want to do scenarios, dungeons, or raids? What pushes you into reputation progression such that you feel you have to do it x9 and burn out on the game?

Even though the OP is on the extreme side he does have some valid points. I don't think it's uncommon to see people with that many alts that they got tied to playing since Cata was very nice to players that wanted to gear out all of their heroes. Not to mention leveling alts was encouraged in between gaps in stuff to do. For someone that has that type of play style this expansion really isn't for them.

Well you are forced to do dailies if you do pvp or pve. If you like to max out your professions and not depend on the exorbitant prices you will find on the ah then dailies is the way to go. Hell even the bag recipe for tailoring iseems kind of ridiculous with all the time you gotta put in to make them so you have decent bag space with all the crap you gotta collect in this expansion. If you DO NOT raid and want 496 gear you gotta do dailies. You cannot simply get those patterns from not raiding. You need the pattern and then you need the blood. Sure you can go to the AH but how many players on this forum can blow upwards 45k on just a chest or hand item? The blood isn't cheap either.

You guys made dailies more central to the game than you are willing to admit. You tied it to gear, professions, pets, your kitchen sink etc. You made it so that when you get to honored it opens up more dailies and those dailies are kind of silly like the one you gotta sit in some ring for 90 seconds. It leaves a player feeling on the mentally challenged side after you've seen a lot of them and how they work. They just take time. On alts even more time. Sure maybe it was a bad idea for this guy to level 9 90's or so he says. Nothing on the box ever said not to do that because later on you're gonna feel overwhelmed. Give the guy a break. He didn't know what he was getting himself into.
Edited by Reactable on 11/12/2012 5:58 PM PST
100 Pandaren Priest
11/12/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Xamont
Again tho, you have crafted pieces and LFR, yes VP gear is a higher ilvl but only offers a slight boost in stats, you are not FORCED to do dailies and YES that is the point of all these QQ threads is people saying they are FORCED to do dailies which is complete and utter CRAP, they are not FORCED to do them.

When bosses have tight enrage timers like Gara'jal/Elegon/Will/BladeLord/Garalon etc then yes for some groups it is mandatory. Your not forced to do it, but not doing it is letting your group down. When you get 1% wipes or hit enrage timers it's a gear problem, and right now Valor is the best way to get gear outside of raiding. No its not mandatory, you can probably kill everything without it, but why wouldn't you gear it to help your raid group out?
Edited by Trinko on 11/12/2012 5:57 PM PST
90 Night Elf Warrior
11/12/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Fluttershy
Oh you mean the fact that they are next to the reforge/transmog areas on PTR with no rep needed isn't enough information?

PTR is not final. What is on PTR may not transfer to live.

This. Valor gear on the beta didn't require rep til shortly before the pre-patch. Same thing with Golden Lotus revered gating two other factions. Having it on the PTR gives me hope, but things can change before the patch goes live.
86 Dwarf Shaman
11/11/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Thera
I leveled nine classes to 90

Found your problem.

This ...
90 Goblin Priest
11/12/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Faera
Another sticking point is you brought up being forced to either do dailies or PvP. Why? Looking only at progression of character power at 90, do you not want to do scenarios, dungeons, or raids? What pushes you into reputation progression such that you feel you have to do it x9 and burn out on the game?

We say it is forcing because Blizz left us no choice, what is the harm in having both tabbarbs and dailies to grind rep? If it truly is a "choice" then all these daily fans can spend there unlimited hours doing that and those of us that choose not to do them have the dungeon option with tabbards what are you afraid of that once you give us the option, your failure will be complete? All i ever see is that people love doing the dailies so let them and if it truly is a love of questing great. I think that given the option no one would do another daily and it may actually make many fans of tabbarb grinding happy. We cannot have that can we? Is choice just not in the corporate Vocabulary at Blizz? I truly believe you are scared to admit that no one will do your dailies if given an option. Just an opinion....it is your choice (option) to act on behalf of a massive outcry from your paying customers!
82 Undead Priest
If I leveled 9 classes to 90, I would be burned out ready to quit too.

Ps. How did you get that name? With no accents, it is priceless.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]