Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

71 Pandaren Hunter
Finally ready to call it quits, realized today after almost 8 years of playing that I just didn't enjoy the game anymore.

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad, its the point where you get to 90 and you are pigeon holed into grinding dailies over and over or PVP'ing (which I do NOT enjoy). So I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot and used to enjoy this game massively.

Some will flame me, blizz will probably close the post, but truth be told, if they don't address these things soon there will be many following suit.

And what do you plan on doing with all that free time now? If it's nothing, you'll be back.
It's simple... don't do dailies. I decided I didn't need Anglers rep, so I didn't do them til I had finished Golden Lotus and Tillers. I took a break from August Celestials until I finished the Klaxxi, because there was nothing I needed from them at that point in time. It's a choice. I wish people who complain so endlessly would realize this.

Now I am exalted with almost every faction, haven't burnt myself out and now I only do 7 dailies a day. When I decide I want to start doing more for gold, I'll do them... and it's my choice(!) to do so.
Edited by Easy on 11/12/2012 6:17 PM PST
100 Draenei Monk
I've pretty much stopped all progress on my one level 90 and have slowly started leveling this monk. I don't mind the dailies, I just don't want them to be the focus of my game play. I agree with the OP with the sense dailies are all you have left to do in the world, dungeons and LFR aside.

Scenarios I think are just there to kill time and to amuse. You gain no reputation from them and really don't accomplish anything beyond the achievements offered. I would recommend (for example) a possible non combat pet, a chance to change the skin color of gear, etc.. They're just thoughts.

Also, how about giving tailors, BS, and LWs the chance to color the gear they make different colors? I'm sure that's been mentioned before. Tie those up with the scenarios and you have something worth doing that's not feeling like a daily.
For what it's worth, I'm following you out the door.

This expansion is terrible.

Goodbye. I've loved it. The only complaint I have is to do with raids and that's just because they were released buggy and are being exploited, but that's another matter.
Edited by Easy on 11/12/2012 6:19 PM PST
100 Night Elf Hunter
I guess you could do the dallies them every other day...?
There should be a mechanism if you can't do the dailies for one day, you get more lute the next, or extra stuff or something, so you don't feel like you've missed out.
It might be hard to put in but I do a few dallies and my planting on a couple of chars per day can can burn 1/2 an hour. I like it, it's fun planting stuff and completing quests but yeah, does take up the time...
90 Draenei Shaman
I am getting burned as well. When it was announced that dailies would be a way to get valor I thought it would be an ALTERNATIVE. Now with the change to how we can valor it feel like I have to run dungeons AND do the dailies.

MoP is a pretty alt-unfriendly expac.
22 Pandaren Monk
I got to 90 and have walked away from the game after playing since 2008...because I realized that I do not raid and have no need to go any further because I am only a casual player.

Tried alts, nope I will not level again, so it is back to other games for me :)

Out of curiosity, what did you do every other expansion after hitting level cap? >.<

I had never really hit the level cap during a current expac, was always a slow leveler :) And mucked around too much on other toons that also never get anywhere lol.
90 Pandaren Warrior
I don't think they screwed up so much as got over confident with a massive and complex system of slowing down everyone to a crawl to the extent of really hurting heavy alt players.

Like I said, I'm a 1-2 hour a night guy with one toon I really play, and I'll admit at this point something doesn't feel right.

Well overestimated themselves, and underestimated us.... at least those of us who can criticize a game. You can just tell by how more often they hop in these threads now to talk to people. They are on damage control. I would be very surprised if they had over 9 mil members now.

I think this is more of a "pulse" take with the community. There's prob more of a lack of people playing alts, which isn't a good thing.

I know I was dependent on people with alts for my raiding outside of the LFR system, and I don't know of many people who have really put a level of effort into their alts.

Even the "get you caught up" profession gear is pretty expensive and grindy to make right now. I really can't imagine trying to even attempt gearing a second toon.
Edited by Dorrell on 11/12/2012 6:23 PM PST
90 Orc Shaman
11/11/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Monk
I leveled nine classes to 90

I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot

I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons

Nine lvl 90's and no time? Who is forcing you to do dailies?

new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable

Sounds like you want quick n' easy epics, and you want a version of the game which people got quickly bored of.
People have been spoiled so badly. Vanilla and BC were much more unfriendly to alts or gearing. Do you not remember farming for hours a day for weeks to get mats to make something? LFR and reputation tabards have made it so easy to be lazy. How about when reputation was nothing but turn ins or specific instances you had to grind? Everyone complained that this game was too easy and that there was nothing to do, and then they give you something to do... and you hate it and threaten to quit?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]