Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

90 Worgen Warlock
You grinded 9 toons to 90 and you are complaining about dailies?
90 Night Elf Mage
How can a player from vanilla possibly be complaining about the loot system from LFR/Sha? Isn't it calculated to be based on the odds of winning in any other 25 man (compared to vanilla, where it was 40 man?)? I was thinking it was, am I misinformed?
11/11/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Osmeric
You don't need VP gear. Especially if the only raiding you're doing on that character is LFR. You don't even need it if you're raiding normal or heroic raids either as VP gear is inferior to normal raid gear. VP gear is even inferior to some LFR gear because the VP gear has terrible itemization.

VP grinding is going to be required going forward, because of the upgrade mechanism.

VP from LFR, a few random dungeons, regular raiding = close to cap though. Throw in a couple of random dailies to reach it if you're off.
90 Tauren Druid
Oh man, another player cancelling subscription because they don't like the game? No big deal.

But wait - you had to post and announce it to the world. Bro, you'll be back. You levelled not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8, BUT 9 toons to 90. When I ledt because I didn't like cata I didn't come tothe forums to post some butthurt whiny sobstory about why I hated the game within 1 month of its release. No, I sucked it up and came back for MoP. People like you are the reason others don't have fun. Good riddance. Can't wait to see you back in 3 months.
90 Human Paladin
I've been playing since vanilla, too.

Vanilla was terrible compared to MoP. BC is terrible compared to MoP. LK was my favorite so far in terms of PvP balance S6-S8/9.

Sorry you don't enjoy it, bro, but quite a few people obviously do. I'm pretty sure you're just screeching out for attention, anyway, because if you really were that angry, you'd just unsub and be done with it. There's literally 0 reason or rationality behind these threads, and I'm kind of sick of seeing them.
90 Undead Mage
11/11/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Adelaide
You don't need VP gear. Especially if the only raiding you're doing on that character is LFR. You don't even need it if you're raiding normal or heroic raids either as VP gear is inferior to normal raid gear.

Try being a fire mage - alot of the VP gear has better optimised stats for us over the 5 man gear, and most of the gear in MSV
90 Tauren Death Knight
Wait, is it revered to get double rep or exalted?

Please be revered...
90 Night Elf Monk
One has to wonder... why the grind?

I fear there is going to be a real lack of content in later patches of this expansion, and the grind is their way of stretching it out.

This has been my fear since I started reading about beta.
90 Worgen Druid
Finally ready to call it quits, realized today after almost 8 years of playing that I just didn't enjoy the game anymore.

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad, its the point where you get to 90 and you are pigeon holed into grinding dailies over and over or PVP'ing (which I do NOT enjoy). So I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot and used to enjoy this game massively.

Some will flame me, blizz will probably close the post, but truth be told, if they don't address these things soon there will be many following suit.
Can you just quit and not tell us about it on the forums?
90 Pandaren Monk
Just think , if you had levelled 1 character to 90 and played that 1 character he/she would be exalted with all the factions and enjoying that sweet sweet VP gear. :)

Dont worry I know how you feel, I have 4 level 90's and its a struggle to even do 1 set of dailies let alone think about doing all 4 but then again I dont cause I have other things I prefer to do.

Each to their own, but you sound like a NEED it now kinda guy/girl which is shown by your MUST level every character to level 90, btw what happened to the other 2 classes.

If you treat dailies as a "time filler" in which you do them when you have nothing better to do then they arent too bad, but when its the other way around and you treat dailies as a MUST DO NOW over everything else, well then you are going to have a problem.
87 Undead Rogue
Finally ready to call it quits, realized today after almost 8 years of playing that I just didn't enjoy the game anymore.

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad, its the point where you get to 90 and you are pigeon holed into grinding dailies over and over or PVP'ing (which I do NOT enjoy). So I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot and used to enjoy this game massively.

Some will flame me, blizz will probably close the post, but truth be told, if they don't address these things soon there will be many following suit.

Farewell friend,

It is no surprise watching people leaving for very similar issues. I too am leaving in just under two weeks, as that is when my sub runs out. I am not even playing any more, just commenting on forum posts such as this.

Wish those of similar topics a good farewell. I couldn't imagine grinding out that many toons to do dailies on. 87 was as far as I got in MOP and I spent most of my time in AV. I just couldn't bare the thought of questing again.

My alts were all tossed in to RDF as well. Just.. questing. BLECH! And dailies are just quests.
So here I am too finishing my 6-7 years of this game on the main forum.

I wish the community would be more accepting of people and their issues. There is so much aggression in people these days,... especially on the forum. Most of us nice folks hid and remained in quiet circles. From what I see, it's our type of player base that is dropping our subs. When the nice folks leave, the community is gone.
His family was far more understanding when he ran instances all day instead.
100 Human Paladin
11/11/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Monk
but truth be told, if they don't address these things soon there will be many following suit.

No. Nothing will change. The only thing different will be to you. If you really think that because you quit WOW will end then you really are a very special snowflake.

People have been quitting WOW since the game first launched for more reasons than you can count.

Life goes on and so does WOW.

I know people like to think that when they quit playing its something special. Or that if they make a post about whatever it was they didn't like anymore that it will have some kind of impact. But in reality, you quit and 2 seconds later it doesn't matter.
Edited by Kezmaefele on 11/11/2012 7:11 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
11/11/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Thera
I leveled nine classes to 90

Found your problem.

Yah I think your'e on to something.
26 Draenei Shaman

Probably not as many following you as you imagine; certainly not enough to affect Blizzard.

I don't do dailies every day, I don't do all the dailies every day, yet I have a 474 ilvl 90 with only one item from valor vendors. As soon as I (eventually) got to exalted with Golden Lotus, I stopped them completely and just do a couple of klaxxi here and there and alternate between shado pan and august celestials. And to be honest, I'm really not that far behind my guild mates who are doing what you did; rushing to get geared and exalted with everyone asap.

You don't -have- to do dailies to get geared, and you probably aren't gearing up any slower from LFR than before, it just seems that way because you don't -see- any loot, whereas before you'd see it, but the chance of you actually getting it was still pretty slim.

Nothing says you have to be awesomely geared -right this instant- either. You could take your time, do dailies every other day if you really feel they're that important, or just a couple of times a week.

Perhaps it's this sense of rush you feel (placed upon you by yourself), and leveling that many toons to 90 in so short of time that has burned you out, rather than the way the expansion is set up.
90 Night Elf Monk
No. Nothing will change. The only thing different will be to you. If you really think that because you quit WOW will end then you really are a very special snowflake.

People have been quitting WOW since the game first launched for more reasons than you can count.

Life goes on and so does WOW.

I know people like to think that when they quit playing its something special. Or that if they make a post about whatever it was they didn't like anymore that it will have some kind of impact. But in reality, you quit and 2 seconds later it doesn't matter.

Remember that one time where a lot of people were unhappy with WoW and they quit, so Blizzard went into emergency repair mode and ended up changing things around?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]