Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

90 Orc Death Knight
Even though we are posting long posts I hope blizzard reads this, and we aren't just wasting our time.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
2, to the people frustrated about the RNG in gear drops from dungeons and LFR:
I cannot stress enough how important it is to group up with a consistent group of guildies for both dungeons and raids in order to have a satisfactory gear progression.

True story, I did those 22 runs for my tank shoulders with my guildies; it got really frustrating towards 19-20 and by the time they dropped we all took a couple days off from the game.

No, you'd have dailies and scenarios now.

In a perfect world, you would be able to choose whatever it is you love to do in game and it would count towards valor and reputation at pretty much an equal value per hour rate as each other.

Wow is not perfect, I will admit.

However what is totally wrong is blizzard wont even give us options at ALL for those who hate dailies. Its either dailies or your screwed, end of story.
90 Tauren Druid
I do like the idea someone had earlier about certain dungeons giving specific rep gains, like the BC model, when tabards were exalted rewards. But say for instance you wanted to increase your rep with CE, you would run instances that pertained to their story (Slave Pens / The Underbog). I really think that system worked well also.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Now that Heart of Fear is 470, it makes grinding dailies on my alts that much more annoying.

Why must EVERY piece of VP gear be hidden behind rep? Give us a break - esp if we have 2 or 3 90s. (Yes, I see that rep will be easier to gain come 5.1, and that's great) But what I don't get is: I don't have time to raid on 2-3 char a week - but I'd like to gear up my characters. The only way to get 470 ilvl is to have some VP gear, which is hidden behind rep.

Break it up a bit - expand. Blizz, you have taken the joy of alts out of the game completely.
26 Draenei Shaman
11/12/2012 08:22 PMPosted by Därkly

Essentially, they do have that for several factions. There's eggs for cloud serpents ( I know, doesn't count because it doesn't have those epics everyone is demanding to have) but the golden lotus have keys, and klaxxi have shards.

Cloud Serpect also has the mount designs for JC so a lot of people did those dailies. CS was actually not too bad. Maybe because, like you say, they didn't have any vp gear so they didn't feel forced upon us. Dailies are a fine system for vanity items. VP gear is NOT vanity.

It's not necessary either. It is an ALTERNATIVE to raid gear. It is the same ilvl as the raid gear. You can get that quality gear by either raiding, or by doing dailies for rep and using valor.
Raid level gear should not be given out for effort that is less than that of the raid.
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/11/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Monk
The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

I totally agree with this quote. I have done LFR almost every week since it came out on various toons. I have gotten 3 items and one of them to due to a bonus roll with my coins. I have stopped running Sha, and LFR. I'm tired of seeing people get three and four items a week out of there while I get nothing. Really need to look at the loot system for those raids cause in my opinion they are broken.
90 Orc Death Knight
11/12/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Keppet
Being a very analytical person (engineering/technology background), Business evolves around making decisions that benefit the company financially. So if this is the case, why aren't dailies being addressed in-game as soon as possible for people that don't want to do endless amounts of dailies with several alts? Blizzard's business revolves around subscriptions, and in order to have subscriptions the company must listen to the community

Only a small fraction of the player base even comes to the forums to speak their mind. It would be pretty unwise to base business decisions on the demands of a small number of customers.
Yes, but we all know the truth that even those in-game who don't post on the fourms agree with this ideology. (At least the majority, seeing from general chat, guild chat, discussions with other players etc..)
90 Orc Hunter
Finally ready to call it quits, realized today after almost 8 years of playing that I just didn't enjoy the game anymore.

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad, its the point where you get to 90 and you are pigeon holed into grinding dailies over and over or PVP'ing (which I do NOT enjoy). So I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot and used to enjoy this game massively.

Some will flame me, blizz will probably close the post, but truth be told, if they don't address these things soon there will be many following suit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0aVka8zmFw
90 Orc Warlock
I am pretty much the same way. Forcing me to do dailies so I can earn rep to spend valor is pretty much one of the worst ideas ever.

I really like the "tabbard" reply of: Why should we give you REP and GEAR for running dungeons ... when the simply answer to that is: Your not giving us gear cause nobody needs gear from dungeons after the first week. The next 4 weeks your just grinding valor ... but now we can't spend the valor cause we have to grind stupid rep.

PUH-Lease .... I pretty much hate having to do dailies ... always have, always will. I can't even grind which ever faction I want ... I have to get to revered in Lotus before I can start grinding Shado-Pan.

Forcing players to do dailies to spend valor is probably one of the worst idea's the dev have ever come up with.

I especially loath the whole: We put a lot of time and effort into those quests, we want players to do them. HELLO ... MCFLY ... I paid you for your "time and effort" ... so you want me to PAY YOU and then be forced to do dailies till my eyes bleed? So you want my green back as well as my bleeding eyes?

Been around since Open Beta ... and this is pretty much the biggest bone head move so far.

Just to be perfectly clear ... keeping forcing me to do dailies and will simply stop giving you my money. Keep dailies for things like recipies and mounts ... that is fine. But Valor gear? Worst ... Idea ... Evar.
90 Troll Mage

In a perfect world, you would be able to choose whatever it is you love to do in game and it would count towards valor and reputation at pretty much an equal value per hour rate as each other.

However what is totally wrong is blizzard wont even give us options at ALL for those who hate dailies. Its either dailies or your screwed, end of story.

That's completely incorrect but if you see it that way no one can really help you.

Dailies aren't essential for raiding, though it may make it easier so you can do higher damage/heal more efficiently. Still, you can progress through MSV normal mode with the blues you get in heroics. And if that isn't enough for you to progress, something is terribly wrong with your raid and you need to evaluate that yourself.

Has nothing to do with dailies, however.
90 Night Elf Druid
Well Im sure you have seen all the quitting posts like I have. Maybe a minority won't quit but I think this situation is not good for any company that needs the monthly income. Just my 2 cents.

All those trolls who jump in quit threads to say "go away" or "don't let the door hit you on your way out" don't realize that if more and more people quit, it will impact the game itself.

Don't worry just cancelled my sub and it won't be renewed. This isn't the game a paid for nor played for almost 8 yrs and i refuse to support it. Maybe sometime in the future will Blizz see my money again for WoW but i doubt it. Nov. 18th is my last day and yes it was burn out on dailies but mainly it was CRZ i don't like it didn't ask for it and honestly its still bugged all to hell.
Good day and best wishes to all in the future.
:)
90 Orc Death Knight
I'm eager to hear your thoughts Zar after these last lengthy posts.
Edited by Çâthülü on 11/12/2012 8:27 PM PST
90 Goblin Death Knight
Zarhym reputations and consequently the grind to get the full green bar is not a bad thing, the main issue I have and probably alot of others is whats actually available from the quartermaster's and at what levels. That said i don't mind the grind, but from where im standing the developers have failed to realise as soon as you put an item with similar stats or an item which can compete with current content behind the reputation wall, the said reputation goes from becoming optional to mandatory. Reputation's need to be something optional for it to appeal to people, pigeon holing people into content they don't want to do is the quickest way to piss off your player base.

I've always envisioned reputations as something optional, a path which gives you a deeper understanding of the lore the higher you get, and a place to get cool little novelty items, whether it be mounts, pets, unique transmog gear, or a specific currency used for the ilvl upgrades next patch. Justice and Valour gear should be removed from these vendors period and should be placed in a neutral vendor, that said i do think copies of justice gear should remain; have a reputation requirement and cost gold, so either u can grind dungeons for the gear/points, and/or grind dailies for the same gear.
90 Undead Rogue
I don't get this argument at all. It's all over the place. If you don't enjoy doing dailies, why are you doing them?!

You can raid without the rep gear... Rep gear and Raid gear are the same item level. If you want to get 489 gear and don't like dailies, get into a raiding guild. Yes, you will probably wipe a few times. Having a few pieces of rep gear isn't going to dramatically increase your chance of downing a boss.

Dailies are an optional part of the game. Everything is optional. If you want to level a hunter to 38 and run around Thunder Bluff wearing cloth intellect gear, you can do that. It's not mandatory to do anything.

Dailies are not my cup of tea. I used to do them sometimes, or once a week, and at times I would do them everyday. I may work on getting the Klaxxi mount sometime though. I'm not interested in that aspect of the game atm. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I can understand the OP being burned out after leveling NINE chars to level 90 and trying to do the dailies on them. That's intense.

I can understand if you want your toons to be as powerful as possible. You may want the best gear, maxed professions, lots of achievements, tons of mounts, etc. You can't have it all instantly or there would be no point. Those things will come in time, learn to appreciate the little things you can do.

Options.....................LFR and Crafted Gear.

Every playstyle should be given the OPTION to get reputation, not just dailies.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]