Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

90 Worgen Mage
hey guys, the op played for 8yrs lets give him what he wants, some "special" attention :D
90 Pandaren Monk
No. Nothing will change. The only thing different will be to you. If you really think that because you quit WOW will end then you really are a very special snowflake.

People have been quitting WOW since the game first launched for more reasons than you can count.

Life goes on and so does WOW.

I know people like to think that when they quit playing its something special. Or that if they make a post about whatever it was they didn't like anymore that it will have some kind of impact. But in reality, you quit and 2 seconds later it doesn't matter.

Remember that one time where a lot of people were unhappy with WoW and they quit, so Blizzard went into emergency repair mode and ended up changing things around?

with such specific details like that, how could i not remember!
87 Undead Rogue
11/11/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Creedanse
hey guys, the op played for 8yrs lets give him what he wants, some "special" attention :D

Why are people so rude? Is it hard to be nice to people?
87 Undead Rogue

Remember that one time where a lot of people were unhappy with WoW and they quit, so Blizzard went into emergency repair mode and ended up changing things around?

with such specific details like that, how could i not remember!

The Real ID / Real name on Forums Scandal is a prime example.
90 Worgen Mage
11/11/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Trashpig

no its not hard to be nice to people, its actually all i do lol, but the fact i always see someone ranting about quitting, and then posting how many years theyve played to show there a veteran then super banging on blizz. it gets quite old lol
81 Blood Elf Death Knight
Gimme your stuff.
89 Human Warrior
Oh look another QQ thread about dailies. Go read the future patch notes, stop your crying then come back here.
26 Draenei Shaman

I wish the community would be more accepting of people and their issues. There is so much aggression in people these days,... especially on the forum. Most of us nice folks hid and remained in quiet circles. From what I see, it's our type of player base that is dropping our subs. When the nice folks leave, the community is gone.

I'm not sure that people who hop on the forums to tell blizzard that they're leaving and that "if blizzard doesn't change to the way they want it" qualify as that. As for not being more accepting, it can get a bit irritating to see posts from people who manage to find something to complain about no matter what, and threaten to leave the game and/or demand the game be changed to suit them. People have been doing this for years now. They seem to ignore all the good things Blizzard gave them and focus on one or two things they don't care for (that they don't even have to do) and insist that it "ruined the game."
Hard to fault people for being "aggressive" in response to repeated aggression .
87 Undead Rogue
11/11/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Creedanse

no its not hard to be nice to people, its actually all i do lol, but the fact i always see someone ranting about quitting, and then posting how many years theyve played to show there a veteran then super banging on blizz. it gets quite old lol

Ok!

I guess my opinion of the OP was different. Most of the time I don't see it as a cry for attention, but an unsatisfied customer telling the business that they are fed up with the product.

I think it's important that businesses and companies know where they stand. A business should always listen to its clientèle.. how else are they supposed to know the limits they can push people.

The OP like many veterans have invested a lot of money in to this business, and it's completely normal to feel disrespected if the company won't listen. Dollar voting is a powerful tool of the consumer. I'm just glad to see you admit you are nice too! :)

We need more people showing compassion.
90 Human Monk
How the f do you level that many toons to 90, and then complain about not having time to do dailies?

You do realize if you spent the time you took leveling, you would have plenty of rep/valor.
90 Night Elf Monk
11/11/2012 07:31 PMPosted by Aurosk
Oh look another QQ thread about dailies. Go read the future patch notes, stop your crying then come back here.

I ask that you actually read threads before you post in them.
90 Gnome Warrior
The OP like many veterans have invested a lot of money in to this business, and it's completely normal to feel disrespected if the company won't listen. Dollar voting is a powerful tool of the consumer. I'm just glad to see you admit you are nice too! :)

We need more people showing compassion.

MANY people have invested quite a bit of money in this game and company. And many people will continue playing. But you are correct. Dollar voting is a powerful tool of the consumer. However, more often than not, it ends up HURTING the consumer rather than helping.

As far as compassion goes...that's neither here nor there.

Let me ask you something: Why SHOULD I feel compassion for someone who quite frankly, sounds like they've outgrown the game (which is PERFECTLY ok, don't get me wrong?). All of the things OP listed as 'issues' are entirely subjective. Frankly, I enjoy a lot of these things OP listed. However, I'll most likely be taking frequent breaks throughout the expansion as to avoid burnout.

Compassion is for the downtrodden, not the burnt out.

That being said, to the OP I'd like to say, "May the roads rise up to meet you, the winds be always at your back and cool, refreshing, delicious juiceboxes always be at hand to quench your thirst".
90 Gnome Priest
Can't queue into The Dread Approach in LFR unless you have either VP gear or you've been doing normal mode raiding - in which case you don't need the 483 gear that drops in LFR.

So yes, people actually do need VP gear to participate in all of LFR right now.

The grind isn't stretching content out. People are either pushing through it as fast as possible to get it over with then logging out of game for the lack of anything fun to do, or they're just logging out of game.

Unless you enjoy doing dailies or you have a solid raid group you're already part of, there's no reason left to play the game if you're only into PvE.

The game is bad.

Waiting 6-8 months isn't going to change that.

However, I'll most likely be taking frequent breaks throughout the expansion as to avoid burnout.

And this was exactly the opposite of Blizzard's intent when they added the dailies and rep grind to MoP.

They don't want players burnt out. They want them logging in as often as possible. They don't want to lose subscriber fees when people get bored with content and then quit until the next major content patch comes out.

And yet that's exactly what is starting to happen because Blizzard set the game up as a job instead of a game. Between family, friends, school, work and other real life obligations, players don't need WoW to be another job where you're expected to log in every single day.

Because it's now become a job, people are burning out and logging out.
Edited by Joynal on 11/11/2012 7:49 PM PST
18 Gnome Warlock
Finally ready to call it quits, realized today after almost 8 years of playing that I just didn't enjoy the game anymore.

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad, its the point where you get to 90 and you are pigeon holed into grinding dailies over and over or PVP'ing (which I do NOT enjoy). So I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot and used to enjoy this game massively.

Some will flame me, blizz will probably close the post, but truth be told, if they don't address these things soon there will be many following suit.

I have a demanding job and a demanding family yet I seemed to have progressed my characters without doing dailies save for my enchanter. We are nearly 11/12 so far this tier and as a main tank I have no rep gear.
26 Draenei Shaman
Can't queue into The Dread Approach in LFR unless you have either VP gear or you've been doing normal mode raiding - in which case you don't need the 483 gear that drops in LFR.

It requires an ilvl of 470 to get into the dread approach LFR. You don't NEED valor gear.
90 Night Elf Monk
11/11/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Keppet
It requires an ilvl of 470 to get into the dread approach LFR. You don't NEED valor gear.

How do you get your ilvl so high without spending a year in mv lfr?
Edited by Zenway on 11/11/2012 7:50 PM PST
90 Gnome Priest

If you want to be participating in it right now, yes you do.

Run the math.

Unless you have a normal mode raid group and are getting 489 drops from MSV or 496 from HoF, you'll need to have 9 476 items equipped as long as all of the rest of your gear is 463.

Now with LFR only out for one month, how many players do you think have had the RNG to get that many 476 items?
26 Draenei Shaman
11/11/2012 07:49 PMPosted by Zenway

How do you get your ilvl so high without spending a year in mv lfr?

Heroic gear, and a few items from lfr. It doesn't take that many. So again, you don't NEED valor gear to get in there, perhaps it's only a sense of it because people want to go RIGHT NOW.

So it takes a little bit of time, but you still have choices. You don't have to do dailies to progress.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]