Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

90 Night Elf Druid
11/12/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Zarhym
You may not like daily quests. But that alone isn't justification for making daily quests irrelevant for those running group content. By running dungeons with tabards, you effectively got to double-dip in Cataclysm by gaining access to rep rewards, VP rewards, and dungeon drops.

So daily caps or in the case of the pro play when you want to and not daily philosophy of Cata, weekly caps on reputation from dungeon grinds could have been done. Players also still had to do "content" in order to obtain the tabard.

Purposefully delaying the gear upgrade system doesnt justify the removal of the open VP gear and gating it behind dailies. Right now by doing dailies you get gold, rep, vp, vp rewards, other stat based gear and even better gear in 5.1, patterns, and vanity rewards. By doing dungeons you get, lower stat based gear, JP, VP, and if you put in the extra effort and do the achievements you get a vanity reward that requires a daily grind in order to use.

So now we have the opposite here where the daily only person can progress their character far further than the dungeon hero, all of which for the same amount of effort. Dungeons have effectively become irrelevant to those who do dailies.
90 Orc Death Knight
So Zar, will we see a change past the 5.1 fix in dailies? (post before cap =)
90 Undead Rogue
11/12/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Zarhym
There's a reason that it's 8:45 p.m. here, and I'm still at work and STARVING. ;p

Order some delivery! There has to be a domino's nearby to you guys
90 Human Rogue
11/12/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Maigraith
if thats the case why did 2 million people quit in cataclysm?

Because it had less endgame content than any expansion in history.

Really, how do people keep overlooking that?

There's a reason that it's 8:45 p.m. here, and I'm still at work and STARVING. ;p

We love you, Zar.

really?
3 Intro raids.
1 raid added later.
1 raid added at the end.
sure that doesnt compare numbers wise to say Wrath or BC but lets face it. 4 of Wraths raids were a bloody joke (see naxx/sarth/malygos/toc).
the only ones worth a damn were ulduar and icc and ICC went on for a year.(oh and the late added raid that was RS).
8 Worgen Rogue
One quick note on dailies is that I have to fight the opposition faction many times while doing them.

If I have to be there, then so do they and it makes doing the dailies more intriguing trying to survive since as we all know, pvp is cut from a different cloth than pve when it comes to survivability.

I don't really care when the peak number of players was the highest. Peak numbers like any graph fluctuate. I've looked online at all the other games and I've yet to find one as good as this.

You might see slicker graphics in another game but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for character and quality. The fact that we have these forums and people who are willing to listen to us and take our critique into consideration is an excellent sign of a quality game.
90 Orc Warrior
11/12/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Limpnoodle
Wiped a Raid just last night due to gear

Guess you better enchant what you have, get the crafted pieces, and the darkmoon faire trinket if you are that worried.
90 Orc Warrior
BLIZXARD PLS GIVE US SOMETHING TO DO OUTSIDE OF RAIDING

BLIXXARD WHY DID U GIVE US 2 MUCH TO DO OUTSIDE OF RAIDING
90 Orc Death Knight
One quick note on dailies is that I have to fight the opposition faction many times while doing them.

If I have to be there, then so do they and it makes doing the dailies more intriguing trying to survive since as we all know, pvp is cut from a different cloth than pve when it comes to survivability.

I don't really care when the peak number of players was the highest. Peak numbers like any graph fluctuate. I've looked online at all the other games and I've yet to find one as good as this.

You might see slicker graphics in another game but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for character and quality. The fact that we have these forums and people who are willing to listen to us and take our critique into consideration is an excellent sign of a quality game.
That's not a bad thing, it's a good thing, we should see world pvp having a revival.
10 Draenei Warrior
AH, this game, always trying to make people happy while giving them a challenge.

I'm glad I'm not paid to deal with that headache.

I've got enough of my own.
90 Tauren Shaman
Zarhym, I would like to first thank you for taking the time and torturing your stomach for reading our concerns.

Something I would want to ask is about the patterns that are gated by the reputations. Though I get that people in guilds will have done the work to acquire these, making some of the effort in getting the rep to buy them moot for some, I don't think that's a viable reason as to why they should stay locked behind rep, especially behind a locked rep and needing the second highest level of rep of locked faction to obtain, especially when I've seen patterns for other professions only need Spirit of Harmonies to buy.

I think if it wasn't for the enchanting patterns, for instance, i wouldn't have minded the grinds as much because I knew I could get those patterns from somewhere provided I had the right currency. But I know that I need to stop neglecting the GL (which I want to do because some of the quests make me want to go kill myself) and get to where I can start grinding the Shado Pan. For someone who needs those Enchanting patterns because our other main Enchanter thought about quitting because of the same system that we're talking about now, I can say that this is just draining (and my guild needs someone to get these enchanting patterns).

So I'd like to know what the plans are to possibly address this, if anything.
Community Manager
11/12/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Çâthülü
So Zar, will we see a change past the 5.1 fix in dailies? (post before cap =)

I don't have anything to report right now.

And what cap? The thread is already above 500 posts, so the cap is now WHATEVER I WANT. :p

Okay, I need food for serious. Carry on with the awesome feedback, all. <3
90 Undead Priest
11/12/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Guns

Gross. What has he ever done to you?
90 Orc Death Knight
11/12/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Därkly
Where have you been? (9months of DS, sounds like a lack of content)

LOL I already said that and yes people left Cata for lack of content. NOT because they were getting gear too fast. We had alts to play with too. idk I had fun personally even tho I couldn't stand DS after a while :D
I did to lol firelands fights were very unique and fun.
90 Human Rogue
11/12/2012 08:43 PMPosted by Därkly
really. explain the nearly 1.2-1.5 million people who left before DS even went live.

Lack of content... again.... lack of content. I seriously don't remember ANYONE whining about having nothing to do.

We had alts... those things that are collecting dust now.

what lack of content?
you had 9 dungeons to begin with.
3 raids to begin with.
then you got 2 more dungeons.
then you got another raid, and a dynamic daily hub.
then you got another raid and 3 more dungeons.
on top of being able to pvp and what not. you want to talk about lack of content? the reason for lack of content as people put it was because you could do as many dungeons as you wanted to in a day (LFD) and get the gear you needed without having to wait. same with rep. throw on a tabard and chain dungeons to exalted.
the problem was it became TOO EASY to gear up.
no longer did you just have the ability to do a heroic only once a day.
LFD negated that.
seems like LFD and tabards were the core of the issue.
90 Orc Warrior
11/12/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Guns

Tip the driver well. He has to put gas in his car.
90 Goblin Mage
I have never exactly been the biggest fan of Zarhym, LFRs, or what seem to be excessive daily quests.

lol.

I love being lumped in with game content. I could've used better implementation, that's for sure. :p

Seriously. They didn't even implement your skin.

Edit: To say nothing of a body. How are you even typing this?
Edited by Keeblik on 11/12/2012 8:50 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]