Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

90 Troll Priest

However, I'll most likely be taking frequent breaks throughout the expansion as to avoid burnout.

And this was exactly the opposite of Blizzard's intent when they added the dailies and rep grind to MoP.

They don't want players burnt out. They want them logging in as often as possible. They don't want to lose subscriber fees when people get bored with content and then quit until the next major content patch comes out.

And yet that's exactly what is starting to happen because Blizzard set the game up as a job instead of a game. Between family, friends, school, work and other real life obligations, players don't need WoW to be another job where you're expected to log in every single day.

Because it's now become a job, people are burning out and logging out.

+1
87 Undead Rogue

And this was exactly the opposite of Blizzard's intent when they added the dailies and rep grind to MoP.

They don't want players burnt out. They want them logging in as often as possible. They don't want to lose subscriber fees when people get bored with content and then quit until the next major content patch comes out.

And yet that's exactly what is starting to happen because Blizzard set the game up as a job instead of a game. Between family, friends, school, work and other real life obligations, players don't need WoW to be another job where you're expected to log in every single day.

Because it's now become a job, people are burning out and logging out.

+1

Q
F
T
90 Night Elf Monk
11/11/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Tîberius
I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe WoW has 10 million subs.

I think most of the subs come from the East, where they pay by the hour instead of monthly and get shown favoritism by Blizzard. That would explain why it is so gated, grindy, and boring.
26 Draenei Shaman
I'm curious. Did people expect to be in full epics this soon after the expansion hit? That's the impression I'm getting and I'm wondering why on earth they'd think that....
90 Undead Warlock
11/11/2012 11:37 PMPosted by Keppet
I'm curious. Did people expect to be in full epics this soon after the expansion hit? That's the impression I'm getting and I'm wondering why on earth they'd think that....

Cause of 4.3, I think.
90 Night Elf Druid
Honestly if you're leveling 9 characters to 90, and you have a family, I'd say it's probably better you took a break, even permanently. I stopped doing dailies on my 90's, and it's not that big of a deal, think of what you're gaining for your time, if it's worth it, do it. If not.....well yeah, quit crying about options.

It's _always_ harder to gear earlier in the expansion, and you're expecting what now? To be caught up and geared on all 9 characters within a month or two of release?

Also I agree with 28g 28g 28g 28g. It sucks, but if I can't deal with it, I'll just stop playing. Not a big deal.
90 Troll Priest
People are burning out because they are trying to race through dailies , grinding them all everyday, in order to get valor gear and recipes as fast as possible so that they can sit around in capital cities complaining how bored they are with nothing to do (since a majority of them find no joy in pet battles and the like)...sad but true.
26 Draenei Shaman

In fact, I'd probably be grateful as I wouldn't need to do online chores to progress. XD

You could run heroics, then run lfr, and run normal raids. You do not have to to do dailies to progress. That is a choice you are making. You don't have to spend justice, you don't have to spend valor, it is simply one path you can take.

11/11/2012 11:54 PMPosted by Morrigahn
And yet Blizzard still give us !@#$ty blue weapons thinking it will tide us over. They got a lot right over the years, but they still can't get a decent weapon upgrade available through dailies. They treat their playerbase like idiots with the garbage weapons they place on vendors or giving the epic pre-raid items a 0.3% drop chance in the Heroics.

And it used to be that you couldn't get epics unless you raided or got very, very lucky. Now it's treated as though it should just be handed over with minimal effort. People wanted the bar lowered, so they lowered it. Now people are complaining that it's not low enough. When will it be enough? When you log on and get epics?
Edited by Keppet on 11/12/2012 12:13 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/11/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Yakuchin
5.1--> all your toons will get doble rep if you have gotten to exalted with a toon. Oh, and the new loot system is beautiful. I had never, ever, gotten so much gear before. And I'm not kidding. RNG is RNG I guess, but for once, people aren't ninjaing loot to give it to friends or to shard it in front of me while they laugh. I guess you're just burned out. Anyway, enjoy life.

The new loot system makes the whole experience worth exactly 28g per boss, its not lovely by any stretch of imagination.

Its some sleezy Joe paying a cheap hooker.
Edited by Shixa on 11/12/2012 12:15 AM PST
90 Troll Priest
11/11/2012 11:54 PMPosted by Morrigahn
You have no idea wtf your talking about. BC rep came from a VERY small amount of dailies and instances. You could be exalted within a week if you really wanted too. You weren't hit with 101 dailies on all your toons.

We were given Isle of Quel'danas at the end, but we could chain-run Heroics for the rep. There wasn't a daily lockout like there is now. It was the lack of accessibility and the chump reward system for those that were locked out of the gated progression that made me take time off and skip WotLK and Cataclysm expansions. Money well saved. :D

I have been in TBC and have the Achievements and rep to prove it. And as my own rep proves, I only ground out what was useful. The rest could go hang.

And yet Blizzard still give us !@#$ty blue weapons thinking it will tide us over. They got a lot right over the years, but they still can't get a decent weapon upgrade available through dailies. They treat their playerbase like idiots with the garbage weapons they place on vendors or giving the epic pre-raid items a 0.3% drop chance in the Heroics.

I took a week off from the game, came back tonight. Did Tillers rep and said '%^-* it' to the rest. I'm not spending my time doing chores. I had more fun logging off and catching up on serials.

I leaning towards taking another extended break and telling all my friends the hype was just that: Hype. The leveling was fun, the story was grand, but now that it's over and it's back to the grind of raid crawls and daily chores, the lustre has faded. The fact they are adding more dailies in the next patch only confirms they are going to make this the focus of this expansion, while finding other ways to gate content like the purchasable Brawler's Guild invites.

/spit

People are burning out because they are trying to race through dailies , grinding them all everyday, in order to get valor gear and recipes as fast as possible so that they can sit around in capital cities complaining how bored they are with nothing to do (since a majority of them find no joy in pet battles and the like)...sad but true.

Wrong.

Look at when I hit 90.
Look at what I have for reputations.

This is the ONLY character I have leveled to 90. This expansion is NOT 'Alt' friendly. (Which doesn't bother me as in Vanilla/TBC you didn't have Alts that were as well geared or progressed as your Main.)

My own experience and rep gains prove you wrong. So unless you have evidence to support what you are saying, don't present your opinion as fact and keep them to yourself.

Edit: I'm not saying the dailies are killing WoW or helping WoW. I honestly don't give a !@#$ if this game succeeds or fails. If something happened where the game was offline forever tomorrow, I wouldn't miss it.

In fact, I'd probably be grateful as I wouldn't need to do online chores to progress. XD

Um excuse me? O.o You hit 90 on the 20th of last month. 10 days after I did and my rep is only slightly higher is some (in this case the anglers because I did them for the fishing boost) and very much lower in others. (The Celestials, Cloud Serpants and Lorewalkers) Not seeing what your experience is proving here other than you burnt out grinding dailies.
26 Draenei Shaman
Wow a whole 24 days since hitting 90 and not exalted with everyone already? Such a tragedy; an outrage really.
26 Draenei Shaman

You could run heroics, then run lfr, and run normal raids. You do not have to to do dailies to progress. That is a choice you are making. You don't have to spend justice, you don't have to spend valor, it is simply one path you can take.

WHOOSH!

Had you checked my gear you would see I'm maxed out in Heroics, I'm running LFR with LFR gear, and I run Normal raids. Herpaderp.

Yet the guy who does dailies is still better geared then me.

And it used to be that you couldn't get epics unless you raided or got very, very lucky. Now it's treated as though it should just be handed over with minimal effort. People wanted the bar lowered, so they lowered it. Now people are complaining that it's not low enough. When will it be enough? When you log on and get epics?

You need to learn reading comprehension.

Notice the titles from PvP? I'm from the Vanilla era.
Notice the reputation grinds from TBC? Do the math.

Let me be try to be as crystal clear as possible since it appears you skim read or you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed:

I had more fun leveling up than I am in this 'endgame' experience. When a game stops being fun and becomes like work, it's time to take another break.
I don't pay money to work or do chores. I pay money to participate in adventures.

Did you catch that, dullard?

Wow, so angry. Did I ever say you didn't play then? No, I just pointed out how it used to be. If you don't want to do dailies, then don't do them. If you're upset that someone doing dailies has better gear than you, consider that the OP also got to 90 18 days before you. You really think you're going to be at the same level? Not that 1 ilvl point (equipped) is that far behind..You're 18 days behind and yet you've caught up to him. Yup, such a tragedy he's 1 ilvl ahead.
Edited by Keppet on 11/12/2012 12:40 AM PST
75 Dwarf Monk
11/11/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Monk
Finally ready to call it quits, realized today after almost 8 years of playing

Blatant lie in the first sentence. You're earliest Feat of Strength is from '08.
Speaks to your credibility, as in you have none. Have a nice day :D
90 Pandaren Monk
Finally ready to call it quits, realized today after almost 8 years of playing that I just didn't enjoy the game anymore.

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad, its the point where you get to 90 and you are pigeon holed into grinding dailies over and over or PVP'ing (which I do NOT enjoy). So I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot and used to enjoy this game massively.

Some will flame me, blizz will probably close the post, but truth be told, if they don't address these things soon there will be many following suit.

I guess this is what I don't understand...what WOULD you have been doing at level cap in previous expansions that was so much more engaging?

Wouldn't you still just be grinding out Heroics, trying to find a raid group in Trade, killing Wintergrasp/TB bosses, etc?

I really just don't get it. You can do ALL of that stuff still, except they added MORE. I feel ya on the dailies though.

Also I don't get your gripes with the loot system. It's no different than before really. Something drops from a pinata boss, and you roll for it. This system just rolls discretely and gives you the end result.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]