New player

29 Night Elf Hunter
Hello everyone. I just join a few weeks ago and so far i'm enjoying it except...i haven't gamed with someone to fully enjoy the game. Yes I have done a few dungeon but none of them seem interest in "having fun"

I guess what i'm trying to say is that, I'm hoping to make friends and talk about raiding and having fun. I just want to enjoy what everyone is raving about =D
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
Try to find friends in your guild, and remember that a lot of the fun starts at max level.

Try to find something that you like, be it PvP or PvE, and find likeminded people to become friends with.

And welcome to WoW!!!
Edited by Zdrada on 11/12/2012 5:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I'd suggest post in your server forums and see if you can find a group of people to level with :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
welcome! there's a lot to this game and it can be overwhelming to a new player, i know i was when i first started. when you're doing dungeons, a lot of players you may be grouping with are leveling another character and they just want to get in and out asap. this might be why you feel underwhelmed by them. you will get dual spec at 30, mess around with the different specs/talents available to your class. check out professions. i don't play a hunter but i'm sure help could be found in the hunter forums here.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/12/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Eprouvil
I'd suggest post in your server forums and see if you can find a group of people to level with :)

Along with this, I know I've come across folks out in the world as I've quested that just happen to be enjoying the same adventures I am. Be friendly and ask them if they'd like to join you.

And welcome! If you have any questions about the game itself, feel free to post in the New Player Help and Guides forum. =)
Reply Quote
29 Night Elf Hunter
thanks everyone, i will do just that! =D
Reply Quote
99 Night Elf Warrior
Sadly random Dungeons are not a place for fun, they are for running through as fast as you can then on to the next one.
Like others have said just try to find yourself a guild that is into the same stuff you are, and keep having fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Try to find friends in your guild, and remember that a lot of the fun starts at max level.

Try to find something that you like, be it PvP or PvE, and find likeminded people to become friends with.

And welcome to WoW!!!

See, I disagree. I believe the fun is the adventure to 90. I know as a new player, I always found myself trying to find hidden areas and reach places that were well out of the way and just hoping that I didn't die. Welcome to the game OP and if I can leave you with one piece of advice it is this :

Do remember to stop and smell the roses. The need to rush to 90 would only leave you with a feeling of disappointment. So take your time and enjoy what Azeroth has to offer.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I mostly play horde, but I do have allies across the servers.
I have to agree that a good guild is key. Now more then ever with LFD and LFR just being random and lacks the same feel as getting people from your server to do runs.
Try to look for mid size guilds that are hardcore guilds that just want to clear faster and faster, but ones that like to do everything with all levels welcomed.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Welcome to WoW, OP!
If you have any questions, feel free to add my battle tag to friends.
Mandapanda#1617

Also, it can get lonely at times.
So don't get discouraged if one night no one wants to talk or do anything.
Just find something to do by yourself.
If you have some non-companion pets, I would suggest pet battling.
It's really good fun, and something you can do alone.
(:
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Welcome to the game, I'll leave you with some things to keep in mind while playing. When doing dungeons you will run into veteran players like myself who are interested in nothing but completing the dungeon as efficiently as possible. Do understand it isn't out of a desire to be rude but simply a desire to get past content that some people may have seen dozens of times over. Finding a guild with relaxed social interaction and I think you will enjoy it greatly. I do not wish to demoralize you but I am hoping to give you some realistic expectations. Most serious raiding guilds will not take you to raids if you do not know most of the ins and outs of your class, it isn't personal but they function based on everyone understanding how to most effectively use their class to beat the mechanics of each encounter. Part of why raiding is fun is because it is a team oriented problem solving exercise; Finding a casual guild to progress with through the tier at a slower rate may be more rewarding for you than spending lots of time researching your class and burning through the content at a higher pace.

Apologies for the length of this, in short find a group of people that you enjoy the game with!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I love noobs.
Welcome to the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]