New player

90 Blood Elf Mage
Welcome!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Welcome to the game!
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Mage
I wish veteran players would spend an hour a day in starting zones helping newer players. Instead of akfing in Org, why not give a noob 50 gold and a tutorial on the game and how to succeed in it?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
A few things for you:

1. Being friendly is always the right way to go. Try to group up with players for quests (cross realm zones have really made this so much better).

2. Keep in mind, and this is in no way an insult against the entire community, but anonymity can sometimes breed some harsh individuals. Don't give them a second thought, move on and find people that share your interests.

3. If your guild is active, try to get involved with them. If they aren't active and you aren't getting help, look for a new guild. Community drives this game. Blizzard makes a great game, but they will never put out content as quick as players consume it, not insult intended to the developers whatsoever. Developing strong friendships in the game leads to a long and happy stay in Azeroth. You can leave your guild by typing /gquit. There is also a guild browser in game in which you can select different options that will search for guilds that best will fit YOUR expectations and play style.

Not directly addressing your question, but just to add a bit since you are new: enjoy the leveling experience. When its your first time, the world feels huge, and I love that feeling. All the quests were redone during Cataclysm and they really are amazing. Read the quests, turn up the music (which is by far the best video game music out there) and immerse yourself.

Just like the real world, Azeroth can be an unfriendly place at times, just remember that you find these incredible people, that, like myself, have held long lasting friendships for the many years I have played this game. I wish you the very best and welcome to World of Warcraft.
Reply Quote
29 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks again everyone, I apologize if this isn't the place to ask, but i'm learning the terms. What is OP? lol

i played many MMO's seeking friends that just love to game....but didn't find what i was looking for because the community wasn't big and not so friendly player. So i'm hoping to find just that =D
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Mage
11/12/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Wasabisauce
Instead of akfing in Org, why not give a noob 50 gold and a tutorial on the game and how to succeed in it?

Actually, when I'm going around gathering proff. mats, if I see someone leveling and they are not in any heirlooms at all, I give them gold. anywhere from 10-50.

That happened to me when I was a noob, and for vet players 25 gold aint that much buuuuuut that was skills I could learn, repairs I could pay, and etc that I no longer had to worry about. 25 gold was a FORTUNE for me. Look at how rich dat guy is, giving me TWENTY FIVE GOLD like its no big deal.

Now vets despise noobs and try to make em quit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/12/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Wasabisauce
It means original post, original poster, or overpowered.
And it's easy enough to use context to figure out what someone means by it. :P

11/12/2012 06:57 PMPosted by Pandamonïum
I wish veteran players would spend an hour a day in starting zones helping newer players. Instead of akfing in Org, why not give a noob 50 gold and a tutorial on the game and how to succeed in it?
I love spending time in Sunstrider Isle buffing and helping the nooblets.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
look in your guild.

I recently came back and started on a new server, and I hang out and talk with friends ive made in the guild im in.

We do dailies, raiding, dungens, and achievements together and have fun.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Welcome to wow. You might see a lot of people being rude. Don't let them discourage you
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
You will eventually get friends when you get into a raiding guild or stay in a guild long enough to form bonds. thats how I got mine when I first started out
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Mage
Now vets despise noobs and try to make em quit.

Only when they deserve it.

I remember back in Wrath there was this AWFUL hunter, couldnt even tab target to kill snobolds in toc. I quit for a year and I came back and suddenly my little failure was the gm of a full heroic progression raiding guild.

They CAN get better!
Edited by Pandamonïum on 11/12/2012 7:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
It might take some time, but you'll eventually find a bunch of really good friends and you'll have a lovely time :)
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Mage
11/12/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Wasabisauce
They CAN get better!

I'm aware of that.

But your situation rarely happens.

Nah, everyone starts out as a noob. I remember swimming the entire west coast of the Eastern Kingdoms to get to the Undercity, (from BB) in stealthy cat form at level 20.

Now my characters are all grown up with all their stuff.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Shaman
Welcome, I'm sure you'll find friends as you go along. But like some have said you could poat on your servers forums, that can be a good way of meeting new people and grouping up with them.
11/12/2012 06:57 PMPosted by Pandamonïum

They can't, dailies.
But no seriously, I go around the starting areas every now and then.
And if I can tell it's a legit new player I give them some gold and help them out. I usually give them like 100-200g.
Oops, posted on the wrong character. Dam phone.
Edited by Shadowtauren on 11/12/2012 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
11/12/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Eprouvil
I'd suggest post in your server forums and see if you can find a group of people to level with :)

this.
Also welcome to the fold and have fun.
Reply Quote
29 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks again everyone! Where is a good place on the forums to start getting your name out there and getting to know people? I guess like a "lounge" or a chat site/program?

if that makes sense =/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]