New player

90 Night Elf Priest
Welcome to the game, OP. Unfortunately you'll find a large portion of players aren't interested in having fun or making friends. Their only interest is in getting gear so they can then go on to get more gear. For them it's all about the destination rather than the journey, which strikes me as odd since the destination is always just another step in a never ending journey. That said there ARE players out there like yourself (and me) who prefer to take it slow and enjoy their time playing, it can just be difficult to find them. I truly hope you're able to find some like minded people to play with. It really does make all the difference.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock

3. If your guild is active, try to get involved with them. If they aren't active and you aren't getting help, look for a new guild. Community drives this game. Blizzard makes a great game, but they will never put out content as quick as players consume it, not insult intended to the developers whatsoever. Developing strong friendships in the game leads to a long and happy stay in Azeroth. You can leave your guild by typing /gquit. There is also a guild browser in game in which you can select different options that will search for guilds that best will fit YOUR expectations and play style.

Don't be afraid if you don't feel a guild is a good fit to look elsewhere. When you join, you don't sign a life membership in blood (only we warlocks do that *wink*), so if it isn't a good fit don't feel bad.

The new player forum is great for asking questions of all variety about the game. I do recommend it.

But most of all, welcome to Warcraft. It is a big, amazing, fun-filled world and I hope you like it. :D
Definitely feel free to shop for a good fit in guilds! I've been playing with the same group for near 6 years. If it weren't for that, I would never have played as much or enjoyed myself as much.

Be polite about it though, especially if you get into raiding, because you can create a name for yourself. Be upfront and honest about your time and commitment level with guild officers, and if you feel that a guild isn't a good fit, be sure to politely let guild leadership know. I definitely appreciated it when players were honest and polite about their reasons for leaving - it helped me to better recruit for our guild.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Liquid, I have toons on both MG and Wyrmrest and on both factions, so if you do start a toon on one of those rp servers I'll join you on your questing and stuff when we're both online. And no you don't HAVE to rp just because you're on a RP server. I don't rp at all and know many others who also don't rp.
Edited by Dáriuse on 11/13/2012 7:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
29 Night Elf Hunter
Sweet, i'll check it out and add you guys battletag.....just waiting on the maintenance still...... =/
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Hurtado#1560 Add me, I play both factions so no worries. I think I see slivermoon players in my cross realm sometimes, and I'll run you some dungeons for you :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Welcome to ongoing downtime and maintenance 8 years after the game has been out
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Warrior
Welcome OP! You can add me as well! MarsHasNukes#1481
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Well if ya wasnt Allience...... i would lvl with ya and help ya out =) welcome to your New addiction!!! Warlock1598 is my Battle tag if ya ever have any questions
Edited by Demonicsòul on 11/13/2012 1:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Liquidvirus, you got suckered into the Recommended Server trick. I realize your put some time into that toon and all, but for your future sanity and game enjoyment find another server and start over, preferably on a server that have high population.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Fun was removed from the game when it became more efficient to group with strangers you'll never see again than to group with friends.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Hello everyone. I just join a few weeks ago and so far i'm enjoying it except...i haven't gamed with someone to fully enjoy the game. Yes I have done a few dungeon but none of them seem interest in "having fun"

I guess what i'm trying to say is that, I'm hoping to make friends and talk about raiding and having fun. I just want to enjoy what everyone is raving about =D

Learn this lesson, and learn it fast - you will find good people, but you will also find bad. Despite the over-zealous happy-go-lucky positive vibes rolling in this thread (which I admit disgusts me) you will no doubt be finding the darkly brother to that soon enough.

I'm not going to welcome you.
Edited by Beardoktor on 11/13/2012 1:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
your eagerness will dwindle
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Hello everyone. I just join a few weeks ago and so far i'm enjoying it except...i haven't gamed with someone to fully enjoy the game. Yes I have done a few dungeon but none of them seem interest in "having fun"

I guess what i'm trying to say is that, I'm hoping to make friends and talk about raiding and having fun. I just want to enjoy what everyone is raving about =D

Learn this lesson, and learn it fast - you will find good people, but you will also find bad. Despite the over-zealous happy-go-lucky positive vibes rolling in this thread (which I admit disgusts me) you will no doubt be finding the darkly brother to that soon enough.

:P I would give him some gold if he was in my realm.
Edited by Roguepwns on 11/13/2012 1:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Welcome to the game OP.
I have alliance toons in Sage Crusaders on Silvermoon, my battletag is KirstenM#1904 I spend a good deal of time on Kul Tiras, but do have some toons on Silvermoon. I was a noob once and know what it is like, I had a support system of family that played at the time, but I know what it is like... hit me up if a want and I can help you out. :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Welcome to WoW.

More specifically, welcome to the WoW forums on maintenance day. Heh.

Please do not let the current goings on sour you towards the game, or the community. This is just the typical forum noise when servers are down.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

If I ever get this jaded and cynical I think I'll just seal myself up in a cave and spare the rest of humanity from me.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Liquidvirus
thanks everyone, i will do just that! =D

Add holliwud517@aol.com to your real ID list. We may not be on the same server, but I'd be glad to give you in game advice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]